Multiple accounts, PS+ and the Vita?

EasistFool

Hey guys! I've been thinking about getting a vita for ages now, I really want one but I don't think I'll play it. (I got a DS and only played Pokemon on that). So I'm looking for pros and cons really. Basically has anyone else got into handheld gaming with the vita after previously not caring?

And for the title question, I have access to PS+ on my ps3 via another account (actually it's my husbands account) which lets me play all the games as long as he has ps+. I've heard sharing a vita between multiple accounts is doable, but requires a work around. Is that true? If we both can use the vita, would I still have access to ps+ or would I have to get my own subscription?

Hope that all made sense :)

Yeah you can but you would have to use his account on the VIta since he is the + subscriber. I imagine that shouldn't be a problem. Personally I would just recommend getting your own PS+ account if you are going to purchase a Vita. The reason I say that is because the memory card can only allow access to one profile at a time. Say you downloaded one of your husbands PS+ games and really liked it and a sequel came out and you wanted it. Well you would either have to buy the sequel on his account or format the entire Vita memory card, losing all data. Just to be able to play the game you bought on your profile. Yeah I would recommend just getting your own + account. The workaround is a real hassle. 

Thanks, I thought as much just hoped it wouldn't be the case.

I've never really looked at the vita games you get with +, are they any good? Worth the price on there own?

In my opinion you would being doing yourself a disservice by not having + and being a Vita owner. Sometimes games we get are Cross-Buy so we get the PS3 and Vita verson for +. There really isn't a better service than PS+. At least 9 must play games have been givin to us. This month we got Rayman Orgins for Vita. Other games we have got are GerminatorZen Pinball 2GRAVITY RUSHMachinariumDokuroFoosball 2012BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTENDVirtue's Last RewardPinball ArcadeZombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's RevengeRetro City RampageDisgaea 3: Absence of DetentionPlants Vs. ZombiesChronovoltTales from Space: Mutant Blobs AttackNINJA GAIDEN Σ PLUSJet Set Radio and Uncharted: Golden Abyss

In my opinion you would being doing yourself a disservice by not having + and being a Vita owner. Sometimes games we get are Cross-Buy so we get the PS3 and Vita verson for +. There really isn't a better service than PS+. At least 9 must play games have been givin to us. This month we got Rayman Orgins for Vita. Other games we have got are GerminatorZen Pinball 2GRAVITY RUSHMachinariumDokuroFoosball 2012BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTENDVirtue's Last RewardPinball ArcadeZombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's RevengeRetro City RampageDisgaea 3: Absence of DetentionPlants Vs. ZombiesChronovoltTales from Space: Mutant Blobs AttackNINJA GAIDEN Σ PLUSJet Set Radio and Uncharted: Golden Abyss

That list is for US, not EU, in EU we didn't got about half of those, but we got MK9, Lego LotR, Sine Mora, MGS 2 and 3 HD and a few others not listed, as for the ones you listed we got Virtue's Last reward, Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Pinball Arcade and Ninja Gaiden Sigma + (all others haven't been given, but BlazBlue seams to have an eternal discount going for PSN+.. really don't remember when it even started)..

Still if the original poster is thinking in getting PSN+, I would highly suggest to get it next month (I believe the 1 year staying titles will roll out in late October, early November), since the current ones are Gravity Rush and Uncharted, so by getting PSN+ before the 1 year staying games change, you could take advantage of those extra games (Uncharted is really good from what I heard, Gravity Rush is really good from what I played)

And we still have access to Jak and Dexter trilogy (it was said to be PS3 only, but we got the Vita version for free too, still not cross-buy, you need to add them to the download list individually), Stealth Inc (not sure if it's good), Touch My Katamari and SFxT (It also gives access to the PS3 DLC for free!), as the current October stuff (added on the last PSN Store update).

I would probably get ps+ since I really like the deal I get on the ps3 and apparently wouldn't still have access on the vita. The main thing I had to deceive was if I wanted to get the vita or not. I'm leaning towards yes, you guys seem to like the games you play, and it would be handy to have when commuting or when the husbands playing the ps3.

Avid thanks for the tip about the year staying titles, I thought uncharted would always be there!

I love my vita, I mostly only get to play it when were are travelling (according to Near I have clocked over 8000 miles since April) and when the missus is watching X Factor!

PS Plus is a must, and I think if you buy it now you can still get the extra 3 months free.

Also look out for offers on Amazon for games when buying Plus subscriptions - I got FIFA 13 free with a 3 month sub (that was a £29 game for £12) and I am sure there will be others.

That deal was until 20th September.

Oh thats so sad :(

There has been a deal at the end of Aug/start of Sept every year since Plus was introduced - the past few years it has been get 25% off the price (your 12 months for £31) but this last one has been 15 mths for price of 12.

A 12 month sub from Amazon is currently £37.

Edited by Nasty_Rory