Trouble with 'You call that Magic' trophy

JoesusHCrust

Man! I'm losing the will to live with this trophy. I've got every other trophy but I'm just not getting the 'ingredients' despite having killed hundreds of hawks and golems! I know there's an element of luck but am i doing something wrong? I've noticed I'm not getting any reward after I kill hawks any more which seems strange. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated as running around trying to find golems and hawks is getting very, very boring! 

For fu..goodnes sake! I started a new playthrough after several hours of killing hawks and golems with no luck getting the ingredients, now Elgrab or whatever the wizard is called is not even giving the quest any more! I completed the first two stages and now he is not giving out the third stage! I've continued playing through the story but he is not giving out the thrid part of the quest! What a bummer! I'm pissed off! 

9 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

For fu..goodnes sake! I started a new playthrough after several hours of killing hawks and golems with no luck getting the ingredients, now Elgrab or whatever the wizard is called is not even giving the quest any more! I completed the first two stages and now he is not giving out the third stage! I've continued playing through the story but he is not giving out the thrid part of the quest! What a bummer! I'm pissed off! 

You should skip that item and go for the next one. Start killing drakes
I had the same problem and did what I posted below:

I had another weird glitch for this achievement when I was on the task to get items from hawks and golems. I never once saw these items drop and was stuck on it forever, until randomly I got a drop from a drake that had not been asked for by any other quest. I returned to town later on for something else and noticed a green pulse meaning a completed quest, and behold, the wizard now magically accepted the drake item and the achievement unlocked! I have no idea if the hawk/golem step can actually be completed or if this will always happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pecior7 said:

I had the same problem. Don't go for hawks and golems, description is wrong. You have to kill drakes (lizards) in the Stonewin Volcano region for Drake Fang and Nothern Mountain Spiders for Vial of Venom. 

Thanks! I'll try that now. I've done 3 playthroughs. On my first playthrough, I was killing hawks and golems without them dropping anything so I started again and then the third part of the quest wasn't be given so I started again and again the third part of the quest wasn't being given. I'm on 98% at the moment so would like to finish this game! 

On 10/5/2020 at 1:47 PM, pecior7 said:

I had the same problem. Don't go for hawks and golems, description is wrong. You have to kill drakes (lizards) in the Stonewin Volcano region for Drake Fang and Nothern Mountain Spiders for Vial of Venom. 

It hasn't worked sadly. Someone else above mentioned the same problem and they had to skip to the next set of ingreddients (drakes teeth) to complete the quest but it hasn't worked for me. I've killed dozens of drakes and nothing has dropped! 

• 6 months later...

At last I got it to work! Uninstalled the game, restarted, played through the main story and did a few side quests and then got the drake fang and spider venom. Thank God for that! It's taken me about half a dozen play throughs and several months to get this poxy plat!!! 

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

I found in that quest chain that unlike the other ones it would never indicate the enemies I had to kill. Still got them, but I feel for you having to play this piece of shit the amount of times that you did. 

It was really frustrating. The game was a 4/10 at best. Fine to spend a few hours playing once but really not a game I wanted to play five or six times!!!!