Advice needed for DLC vehicles

PondNewt

Hi.  I'm a new player to these type of games and after starting SnowRunner a few months ago I've really struggled to make any headway.  I've put a decent amount of hours into it but I haven't been able to compete even half the activities on the first map (Black River?) with even less progress made on the 2nd map (Smithville Dam?).  My main issue is that with the 2 or 3 very basic trucks available from the start I keep getting stuck in the mud on all but the very first few jobs.  I'm guessing I need to either purchase better tyres or buy a new truck with AWD but as I can't earn much money I'm not in a position to do that. (I have found a decent amount of upgrades but they don't seem to be useable with the trucks I have).  

With these issues in mind I was thinking that I probably need to purchase the DLC vehicles to improve my chances of getting anywhere.  I understand the High Roller pack would be a big benefit so I'll get that but I'm not finding too much of an issue with the scout vehicles I currently own anyway.  Instead it's more the trucks which are letting me down massively yet there only seems to be one of these available to buy which is the Navistar 5000 MV?  My worry though is that this vehicle perhaps won't be much help to me in the very early stages of the game as it looks to be a very different type of truck to the ones you get at the start?  By which I mean it's just the cab by the looks of it so presumably you need to attach a flatbed or whatever to it separately but I'm not sure if the very early missions in Black River allow for this?  My current truck has a trailer part already integrated so my load just goes straight into the back of it.  Not sure how that would work with the Navistar though?   

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.  Such was my struggle with the game that I haven't touched it in weeks but with only 3 trophies earned so far it's sitting at a undesirable E grade on my profile.  Would like to be able to improve that grade a bit but the game has me at my wit's end.        

Edited by PondNewt

No need to buy any DLC. You don't even need better trucks. You should have the Fleetstar in your garage and that one is good enough to play in America and Russia without a problem.

Do smaller jobs, buy better tires and other upgrades for your favorite trucks. Keep in mind that you can buy and sell without a loss, so if you don't like a truck, just sell it, you can re-buy it at any time. You should have at least two trucks and one scout, so you can sell one of those to get money. Or sell both trucks and get a new one you prefer over the others.

13 hours ago, PondNewt said:

My worry though is that this vehicle perhaps won't be much help to me in the very early stages of the game as it looks to be a very different type of truck to the ones you get at the start?  By which I mean it's just the cab by the looks of it so presumably you need to attach a flatbed or whatever to it separately but I'm not sure if the very early missions in Black River allow for this?  My current truck has a trailer part already integrated so my load just goes straight into the back of it.  Not sure how that would work with the Navistar though?  

You do know that you can modify your trucks in the garage? Adjust not only motor and wheels, but also buy AWD and different attachments for cargo?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PondNewt said:

Hi.  I'm a new player to these type of games and after starting SnowRunner a few months ago I've really struggled to make any headway.  I've put a decent amount of hours into it but I haven't been able to compete even half the activities on the first map (Black River?) with even less progress made on the 2nd map (Smithville Dam?).  My main issue is that with the 2 or 3 very basic trucks available from the start I keep getting stuck in the mud on all but the very first few jobs.  I'm guessing I need to either purchase better tyres or buy a new truck with AWD but as I can't earn much money I'm not in a position to do that. (I have found a decent amount of upgrades but they don't seem to be useable with the trucks I have).  

With these issues in mind I was thinking that I probably need to purchase the DLC vehicles to improve my chances of getting anywhere.  I understand the High Roller pack would be a big benefit so I'll get that but I'm not finding too much of an issue with the scout vehicles I currently own anyway.  Instead it's more the trucks which are letting me down massively yet there only seems to be one of these available to buy which is the Navistar 5000 MV?  My worry though is that this vehicle perhaps won't be much help to me in the very early stages of the game as it looks to be a very different type of truck to the ones you get at the start?  By which I mean it's just the cab by the looks of it so presumably you need to attach a flatbed or whatever to it separately but I'm not sure if the very early missions in Black River allow for this?  My current truck has a trailer part already integrated so my load just goes straight into the back of it.  Not sure how that would work with the Navistar though?   

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.  Such was my struggle with the game that I haven't touched it in weeks but with only 3 trophies earned so far it's sitting at a undesirable E grade on my profile.  Would like to be able to improve that grade a bit but the game has me at my wit's end.        

If you are really struggling I recommend that you sell everything so you can effort the AZOV 64131. If you still need money you could try to collect all the trailers on the map and sell them at the garage. The AZOV 64131 is one, if not the best truck in the game, its quite cheap and unlocked from the start. Simply fast travel into the Russian garage and buy it, store it and fast travel back to Michigan.... You can finish basically the entire game with this truck without any need for upgrades. 

https://spintires.fandom.com/wiki/Azov_64131 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies and the help.  It's been a little while since I played the game so I can't remember for sure but I think it was telling me that AWD wasn't available for the truck I was using and I was doing so badly I couldn't afford any tyre upgrades.  I'll double check though and a great suggestion on the selling vehicles I already have to earn extra money.  I hadn't thought of that.  

I'll look into the AZOV 64131 as well so thanks for the tip with that.  It sounds ideal so will definitely buy it if I can afford it.