TV Issue? or ps4?

Infected Elite

ive tried enough times, i just dont have a proper name for this...

but happens on ps4 pro youtube mostly. havent seen it on xbox tho i also rarely use that. 

my tv is updated to latest firmware. 

ps4 is latest firmware.

tv is game mode

16:9 

fill screen OFF.

this red line at bottom (changes color sometimes or chases itself. doesnt always happen)

20201005_234918.jpg

23 minutes ago, Faaip de Oiad said:

That's an issue with the video codec. Can occur when the video isn't properly rendered. Nothing to worry about.

i unno. Its irritating. I've noticed some youtube vids (example wwe survivor series 5v5 2019 mens match) the bottom line chases itself. But like, it happens whether i watch on my phone, coworker phone, tv etc. so that seems a codec

22 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Def a TV issue my dude

thats what i thought. but my god how many effing panels i gotta go through. if i get another and its fine but then has banding issues again id probably smash it in front of them lol.

i have 5yr Warrenty and only on year 2. but yet if i restart the vid the line doesnt happen. Its dumb. also it wont happen if i custom size the screen image to stretch the image a bit. but im picky af.

the confusing part is when i do a picture test, nothing is wrong. Im also too lazy to plug my ps4 into a diff tv and try ? 

Edited by LegacyJKO09

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

ive tried enough times, i just dont have a proper name for this...

but happens on ps4 pro youtube mostly. havent seen it on xbox tho i also rarely use that. 

my tv is updated to latest firmware. 

ps4 is latest firmware.

tv is game mode

16:9 

fill screen OFF.

this red line at bottom (changes color sometimes or chases itself. doesnt always happen)

20201005_234918.jpg

Sorry to sound dumb, but have you tried changing the HDMI cable? My HDMI cable just died after 7 years of use. 

When I turned on my PS4, my screen had distorted images, but I still could manage to get through the PS4 menu.

28 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Sorry to sound dumb, but have you tried changing the HDMI cable? My HDMI cable just died after 7 years of use. 

When I turned on my PS4, my screen had distorted images, but I still could manage to get through the PS4 menu.

yes but i did recycle the same 3.

i have a NS hdmi which i no longer use, and i think my xbox hdmi shorted on me so i got a 4k one off amazon that did give my ps4 major distortion issues. i had to boot up in safe mode to get it running again.

So no i havent gotten a new hdmi yet... im browsing amazon for good ones that are 4k and not amazon basics (i find they crap out quick).

any suggestion?

@NekoRave @zizimonster

so my boss told me to use my old tv, so I did. no issue. So i took that rocketfish hdmi cable from my old tv and used it on my 4k. so far 0 issues. played the Cold Steel 4 opening on youtube 5 times to see for that error. nothing. turned off ps4 and on. tried again 3 times. nothing. (only cause i know the exact moments). So seems it was an hdmi issue.

however now i need to re up on hdmi cables. a lot of them

EDIT: Its my ps4 pro. whatever tho. 1 month till the 5.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

20 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

yes but i did recycle the same 3.

i have a NS hdmi which i no longer use, and i think my xbox hdmi shorted on me so i got a 4k one off amazon that did give my ps4 major distortion issues. i had to boot up in safe mode to get it running again.

So no i havent gotten a new hdmi yet... im browsing amazon for good ones that are 4k and not amazon basics (i find they crap out quick).

any suggestion?

I've been using BAFO for a few years now. I believe it's a made-in-Taiwan product. I stumbled upon this HDMI cable brand by chance in 2013, and that cable died last August. I bought another from the same brand, but the newest one turned out to be v2.0. I've been using it for more than a month now. My PS4 is the original model, and I play on a monitor, FYI. :)

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

@NekoRave @zizimonster

so my boss told me to use my old tv, so I did. no issue. So i took that rocketfish hdmi cable from my old tv and used it on my 4k. so far 0 issues. played the Cold Steel 4 opening on youtube 5 times to see for that error. nothing. turned off ps4 and on. tried again 3 times. nothing. (only cause i know the exact moments). So seems it was an hdmi issue.

however now i need to re up on hdmi cables. a lot of them

EDIT: Its my ps4 pro. whatever tho. 1 month till the 5.

Cool.