Grood Thoughts

Toma_Gabriel_God

Hi guys,

This game was made by a friend of mine a couple of years ago and a publisher now ported it to PS4, Xbox and Switch.

It will be available to purchase on 23rd October and I was lucky to get a code to download and try it.

It's a fast paced side-scroll shooter with really good music. I'm recording some gameplay to see how smooth it is on the ps4 and I have to say it's pretty smooth and addictive.

Trophy wise it's hard as hell and will probably be in the ultra rare platinums.

If you guys have questions or want to see the gameplay and how it works I'll be happy to share it with you.

I'm enjoying it a lot honestly but only made to the first boss and died big time lol.

oh and this is the EU version.

Edited by Toma_Gabriel_God
  • Like 4

On 14/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, Toma_Gabriel_God said:

Hi guys,

This game was made by a friend of mine a couple of years ago and a publisher now ported it to PS4, Xbox and Switch.

It will be available to purchase on 23rd October and I was lucky to get a code to download and try it.

It's a fast paced side-scroll shooter with really good music. I'm recording some gameplay to see how smooth it is on the ps4 and I have to say it's pretty smooth and addictive.

If you guys have questions or want to see the gameplay and how it works I'll be happy to share it with you.

I'm enjoying it a lot honestly but only made to the first boss and died big time lol.

About the time for platinum how much would we be talking about?

1 hour ago, WaddysWDS said:

About the time for platinum how much would we be talking about?

I've finished to write the guide today and it's on review.

As for patch 1.00 there are a couple of really grindy trophies. We are talking about 1000 hours doing the math.

I spoke with the developer and a patch is on the way but probably after release due to Sony times to review the patch.

After the patch is online the platinum should be obtainable in 10 hours.

• Like 1

On 2020-10-14 at 7:55 PM, Toma_Gabriel_God said:

Hi guys,

Cool, I put it in my Ps Store wishlist :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toma_Gabriel_God said:

The game is available finally.

I'm curious to see how the leaderboard goes from now on :D

Game looks interesting , seems like the trophies aren’t rare except for dying 1000 times and causing 10 billion in damage - is this the really grindy part? I’m curious what the plan is patch wise to bring that down from 1000 hours to 10?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Game looks interesting , seems like the trophies aren’t rare except for dying 1000 times and causing 10 billion in damage - is this the really grindy part? I’m curious what the plan is patch wise to bring that down from 1000 hours to 10?

Basically for what the Developer said, He will put a multiplier to the score to make it faster. The multiplier will increase after every trophy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WaddysWDS said:

What difficulty would you give the platinum trophy?

Something like 7/8 but it really depends on your skills. After I've finished it a couple of times now I can get past the first boss without dying once and complete the game in about 2 hours.

After the update the only really grindy trophy will be 1000 deaths.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sgnaskyfrosty said:

Hi guys! I'm Claudio, developer of Grood. I hope you'll have fun with the game, and that you're not going to hate me too much everytime you fight a boss :)
I'd like to give you some explanation about some trophies, specifically the $, $$ and $$$.
Basically, causing N dollars in damage means destroying enemies. The more you do that, the more you increase the damage "counter" (that stays even if you die, doesn't matter).
Now, my bad, i realized too late i set the target of those goals too high, so i've already fixed the thing, but releasing a patch, as you probably know, requires a few days.
My advice is to get all the rest, and later, very very soon, focus on the $, $$ and $$$.
The 1000 deaths is another difficult one, but how to get it is pretty straightforward. The difficulty of the game should be helpful :)

Hope you'll like Grood and if you have any question/feedback, i'd be glad to answer you!

Mate I don't suppose you would consider patching in a button to slow the ship down so players can use the D-Pad if they wanted? Or change the ship speed so it doesn't go flying around at light speed?? I think it's nice of you to come here like this & I'm sure you weren't expecting a recalcitrant arsehole-shmupper to appear but I am that guy (feels bad trust me) & I thought this was possibly the worst shmup on ps4 when I tried it. The only nice thing I can say about it is that it's good the game doesn't pop a trophy for starting the game, so I was able to exit out before a trophy popped & now don't feel obliged to spend time with this mess. However I did spend more time with it on another account and I just can't even man....

I know that sounds mean but if you went to the shmups forum and asked for feedback there I think just about everyone there would have the same things to say in a potentially blunter & harsher way. The ship movement is incredibly bad (and please don't say shit about the analogue stick, no one wants to use that for this type of game), the enemies take too many hits (why aren't those snake-like things one-shot for example, 'zako' are part of what makes these games feel good), the stage design is non existent with no discernible bullet patterns or anything exciting happening & any difficulty comes from the controls. If the controls were good it'd be possible to blow through the whole game first try for sure.

*edit* I forgot to mention that STUPID fucking broken screen when you get hit. The only other game I've seen that 'feature' in is Aces of the Luftwaffe 1 & Squadron which is definitely a 0/10 shit-tier shmup and two of the worst games I ever 100%'ed.

This genre is on life support & needs to attract more casual players so I really find it a bit upsetting when someone makes one & gets every fundamental design principle that makes the genre good completely wrong. I'm genuinely sorry to post such negative shit but I just had to. The feel of this game actually made me angry!

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus

3 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Mate I don't suppose you would consider patching in a button to slow the ship down so players can use the D-Pad if they wanted? Or change the ship speed so it doesn't go flying around at light speed?? I think it's nice of you to come here like this & I'm sure you weren't expecting a recalcitrant arsehole-shmupper to appear but I am that guy (feels bad trust me) & I thought this was possibly the worst shmup on ps4 when I tried it. The only nice thing I can say about it is that it's good the game doesn't pop a trophy for starting the game, so I was able to exit out before a trophy popped & now don't feel obliged to spend time with this mess. However I did spend more time with it on another account and I just can't even man....

I know that sounds mean but if you went to the shmups forum and asked for feedback there I think just about everyone there would have the same things to say in a potentially blunter & harsher way. The ship movement is incredibly bad (and please don't say shit about the analogue stick, no one wants to use that for this type of game), the enemies take too many hits (why aren't those snake-like things one-shot for example, 'zako' are part of what makes these games feel good), the stage design is non existent with no discernible bullet patterns or anything exciting happening & any difficulty comes from the controls. If the controls were good it'd be possible to blow through the whole game first try for sure.

*edit* I forgot to mention that STUPID fucking broken screen when you get hit. The only other game I've seen that 'feature' in is Aces of the Luftwaffe 1 & Squadron which is definitely a 0/10 shit-tier shmup and two of the worst games I ever 100%'ed.

This genre is on life support & needs to attract more casual players so I really find it a bit upsetting when someone makes one & gets every fundamental design principle that makes the genre good completely wrong. I'm genuinely sorry to post such negative shit but I just had to. The feel of this game actually made me angry!

Sir .. you are not recalcitrant .. you what you are .. you are a one-armed 11/10, if you want a platinum gift you know what titles to play.

You only make stupid complaints because you are not skilled enough to be in control, you ask for improvements that make the game easier because you are not able to overcome it ... THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE GAME, THE PROBLEM IS YOU AND YOUR LACK OF SKILL.

A guy with 17,761 Trophies and only 304 UR you don't have enough weight to comment on a game that beats you.

Good morning gentleman.

• Like 2

I don't get this bragging post. Ship too fast for you? You are not used to analog stick and bragging for it? You want enemies to die in one shot because you want it to?

No discernible bullet patterns and no design?

I don't know what game you played or what you smoked while doing it but ok. I'm a casual player for the genera and I had fun and saw nothing you mentioned here.

The game is not perfect but a more consistent feedback would be helpful instead of "I use D-pads fucking shitting game and I can't follow what's happening on screen so make it slower"

I'd really want to see what you could do if given the chance to make a game alone.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 2:55 AM, sgnaskyfrosty said:

Hey mate, believe me, i appreciate your feedback, even if you don't like the game. That's ok! I'm a gamer myself, and it's not that i like every game out there, of course!
It's curious, because the controls are one of the things people that had the chance to play Grood told me they liked the most, as well as the broken glass effect (even if more than one person told me that it makes some parts hard to see, especially during night or rain).

I can see you're a big fan of shmups, but the goal of Grood wasn't to make a Shoot 'em up. It was to make a game that people enjoy to play, regardless of the genre.
Do not see it as an attempt to save shmups (that i agree, sadly, are on life support). It's not. 

It is deliberately a fast and simple game, and that's why it's cheap.
As long as people can have fun playing Grood, my goal is reached.

Hope you'll give it another try, otherwise, one day, maybe, i'll buy you a beer!

(but i think we live too far away for that :))

Hey, I appreciate your response & I was feeling a little bad about venting the other day, but I played the game to completion with my Hong Kong account (which you can see synched here with 68% trophies) and it made me want to come back and have another whinge.

I will say I got over myself & used the analogue stick & was able to 'master' the controls so to speak. I have serious issues with having to do this but will just leave it at personal preference. Since it isn't bullet hell maybe I shouldn't complain about this.

The hit box is so large though. Seems like the whole ship yet enemy hitboxes aren't their whole ship. The saw enemies trap you in the most infuriating way and have a weird hitbox. They instant kill you if you get caught by them. How about some I-Frames on getting hit? :(

The game difficulty peaks at Philosophers Path due to combinations of things that don't go well together & trap you with no way out. Off screen lasers appear instantly but the ship laser takes a full legit one one thousand style second to reach across the screen and when it does the ship speed becomes twice as slow as it should be. This is not what I'm used to when it comes to slowing down with a laser (I'm used to the Cave way where the speed becomes about 3/4ths of the normal speed)

Weapons are just underpowered enough so the player ship always feels like it's not fully equipped to deal with the situation at hand. Shotgun & misses not having rapid fire is a bit of a shame, laser speed I went over & I wonder why it takes half the game to power up the gatling gun. If the weapons were all available from the start that would make sense but yeah.

Bosses being able to kill you after you die surely has to be an oversight? If deliberate that's pretty sadistic so I can't hate it too much on that level.

For some reason moving backwards makes the stage tilt visually & while the scrolling slows down while moving forward speeds it up & levels it out. This makes things visually confusing & that was a big part of the 'feel of the game whinge'. The 90s love filter takes the edge off this but it's still present, just to a lesser degree. That mode felt more playable but visually it was a bit too dark and low res to see anything. I thought this mode would have scanlines but it didn't and man I had a sad about that (edited out since).

The screen cracks and colour drain when hit are overkill. Why can't that effect be turned off along with the tilt? Even Rym 9000 let you turn off the effects.

I captured a video yesterday, it's 3 fights of the second boss. I think the video speaks for itself. I'm just not used to these sorts of cheap tricks ay. 

Anyway I'm sorry for being a dick the other day. I've put my money where my mouth is & actually purchased and played the game through however, so I'm not just talking shit here & I edited out all sorts of juvenile bullshit from the comments above in an attempt to be a bit more constructive. I love the way the other 2 guys had a sad and threw some hilarious sub-insults my way (which is totally fine in this context!) but you were like 'eh give it another go'. You seem like a good bloke when all's said & done.

When the patch comes I'll definitely play it on the main account & redeem the plat. I'll try to stay calm, not get angry & use it as an excuse to level up my patience.

On 25/10/2020 at 0:44 AM, WaddysWDS said:

Sir .. you are not recalcitrant .. you what you are .. you are a one-armed 11/10, if you want a platinum gift you know what titles to play.

You only make stupid complaints because you are not skilled enough to be in control, you ask for improvements that make the game easier because you are not able to overcome it ... THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE GAME, THE PROBLEM IS YOU AND YOUR LACK OF SKILL.

A guy with 17,761 Trophies and only 304 UR you don't have enough weight to comment on a game that beats you.

Good morning gentleman.

Oh hey I recognise you. You're the guy who was one place BELOW me on the Grood leader boards when I played it yesterday on my HK account. I had a good old laugh at you using UR trophies as a metric for skill or ability. I don't even try to earn those TBH.

*Edit* OMG LOL man your first 4 pages of UR trophies are riddled with Singstar & boring soulless online grinds/boosts. You really are taking the piss with that rhetoric. I have 2 ps4's & that Hive game, brb I'll just waste a week of my life doing monotonous skill-free boosting so I can artificially inflate my UR count...

On 25/10/2020 at 1:50 AM, Toma_Gabriel_God said:

I don't get this bragging post. Ship too fast for you? You are not used to analog stick and bragging for it? You want enemies to die in one shot because you want it to?

No discernible bullet patterns and no design?

I don't know what game you played or what you smoked while doing it but ok. I'm a casual player for the genera and I had fun and saw nothing you mentioned here.

The game is not perfect but a more consistent feedback would be helpful instead of "I use D-pads fucking shitting game and I can't follow what's happening on screen so make it slower"

I'd really want to see what you could do if given the chance to make a game alone.

Yeah man you don't seem to get it, but that's alright you said you were casual. You can see the specific & less-shitty feedback above. The if I made a game response is pretty silly man, I don't make games I buy them so the people who make them can keep making them. I buy all the ones no one else is buying & I do this all the time. I bought this one & I'll probably buy it again on the US store once that trophy patch is sorted.

Edited by Drag-On-Detritus
  • Like 1

That's a post I like to see.

In my opinion you should have started with this post lol :D.

Anyway I see now clearly where your problems with the games are and I think it's a good feedback for the developer.

I'm happy you gave it another go and get somehow the "feel" of the game intended and I know it can be infuriating but I kinda like it for how it is.

Talking about what you didn't like, I didn't find strange the hit box of the ship or the ship's movements but maybe I'm used to it and not to other similar games.

I hate how it goes dark when you are hit too much but I don't care about the shattered screen, it surely makes the game harder when you less need it to be but ehi it is how the game was intended. Fast and Hard.

I remember the first time I got to the second boss I died like after 5 seconds a lot of time and finally when killed it I saw the trophy pop and was so happy, all of that just before being crashed by the boss falling. I hated it too but I see it as a point to master and remember to get out of the way when you kill a boss.

I found the shotgun useless too and almost never used it but I don't mind the gatlings power ups positioning. I mean every time I got a gatling upgrade you can see immediately the difference and feel stronger and confident to the the level, at least in my experience. I would make the laser movement faster too but in the other hand is really op against every enemy and especially bosses.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2020 at 11:48 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Hey, I appreciate your response & I was feeling a little bad about venting the other day, but I played the game to completion with my Hong Kong account (which you can see synched here with 68% trophies) and it made me want to come back and have another whinge.

I will say I got over myself & used the analogue stick & was able to 'master' the controls so to speak. I have serious issues with having to do this but will just leave it at personal preference. Since it isn't bullet hell maybe I shouldn't complain about this.

The hit box is so large though. Seems like the whole ship yet enemy hitboxes aren't their whole ship. The saw enemies trap you in the most infuriating way and have a weird hitbox. They instant kill you if you get caught by them. How about some I-Frames on getting hit? :(

The game difficulty peaks at Philosophers Path due to combinations of things that don't go well together & trap you with no way out. Off screen lasers appear instantly but the ship laser takes a full legit one one thousand style second to reach across the screen and when it does the ship speed becomes twice as slow as it should be. This is not what I'm used to when it comes to slowing down with a laser (I'm used to the Cave way where the speed becomes about 3/4ths of the normal speed)

Weapons are just underpowered enough so the player ship always feels like it's not fully equipped to deal with the situation at hand. Shotgun & misses not having rapid fire is a bit of a shame, laser speed I went over & I wonder why it takes half the game to power up the gatling gun. If the weapons were all available from the start that would make sense but yeah.

Bosses being able to kill you after you die surely has to be an oversight? If deliberate that's pretty sadistic so I can't hate it too much on that level.

For some reason moving backwards makes the stage tilt visually & while the scrolling slows down while moving forward speeds it up & levels it out. This makes things visually confusing & that was a big part of the 'feel of the game whinge'. The 90s love filter takes the edge off this but it's still present, just to a lesser degree. That mode felt more playable but visually it was a bit too dark and low res to see anything. I thought this mode would have scanlines but it didn't and man I had a sad about that (edited out since).

The screen cracks and colour drain when hit are overkill. Why can't that effect be turned off along with the tilt? Even Rym 9000 let you turn off the effects.

I captured a video yesterday, it's 3 fights of the second boss. I think the video speaks for itself. I'm just not used to these sorts of cheap tricks ay. 

Anyway I'm sorry for being a dick the other day. I've put my money where my mouth is & actually purchased and played the game through however, so I'm not just talking shit here & I edited out all sorts of juvenile bullshit from the comments above in an attempt to be a bit more constructive. I love the way the other 2 guys had a sad and threw some hilarious sub-insults my way (which is totally fine in this context!) but you were like 'eh give it another go'. You seem like a good bloke when all's said & done.

When the patch comes I'll definitely play it on the main account & redeem the plat. I'll try to stay calm, not get angry & use it as an excuse to level up my patience.

Oh hey I recognise you. You're the guy who was one place BELOW me on the Grood leader boards when I played it yesterday on my HK account. I had a good old laugh at you using UR trophies as a metric for skill or ability. I don't even try to earn those TBH.

*Edit* OMG LOL man your first 4 pages of UR trophies are riddled with Singstar & boring soulless online grinds/boosts. You really are taking the piss with that rhetoric. I have 2 ps4's & that Hive game, brb I'll just waste a week of my life doing monotonous skill-free boosting so I can artificially inflate my UR count...

Yeah man you don't seem to get it, but that's alright you said you were casual. You can see the specific & less-shitty feedback above. The if I made a game response is pretty silly man, I don't make games I buy them so the people who make them can keep making them. I buy all the ones no one else is buying & I do this all the time. I bought this one & I'll probably buy it again on the US store once that trophy patch is sorted.

Hey, hello mate! Glad you decided to give it a second chance! The fact that you made it to the second boss (and basically you defeated it) is great!
About your feedbacks, pretty much everything has been added that way dedliberately, especially the fact that weapons are spreaded throughout the whole game... it gives me a better sense of progress. And yeah, the fact that you always feel underpowered is part of the feeling i wanted the game to have.

The boss able to kill you after they are actually dead wasn't intentional, but i decided to leave it,be cause at the end, when it happens (mabybe even a couple of times) you know you have to stay away from them at the very last part of the fight.

Level 6 is pretty hard, i know. I almost changed it (changing the type of enemies in it) but when i beated it a few times i realized it wasn't impossible, also considering that i'm not a super skilled player, i'm ok but there's definitely people way better than me, out there (like you, i'm pretty sure), so i left it that way.

Funny thing again, the camera rotation effect is something people usually like... you really don't like my choices, uh? :)

Anyway, i'm collecting all of your feedbacks and definitely i'll keep an eye on them for my future projects (Shoot 'em ups or not) to have a better balanced game!

I hope the patch will be very soon available, so you can go for the platinum!

I'll keep you up to date

Have a nice one!

• Like 2

On 29/10/2020 at 8:45 PM, sgnaskyfrosty said:

Hey, hello mate! Glad you decided to give it a second chance! The fact that you made it to the second boss (and basically you defeated it) is great!
About your feedbacks, pretty much everything has been added that way dedliberately, especially the fact that weapons are spreaded throughout the whole game... it gives me a better sense of progress. And yeah, the fact that you always feel underpowered is part of the feeling i wanted the game to have.

The boss able to kill you after they are actually dead wasn't intentional, but i decided to leave it,be cause at the end, when it happens (mabybe even a couple of times) you know you have to stay away from them at the very last part of the fight.

Level 6 is pretty hard, i know. I almost changed it (changing the type of enemies in it) but when i beated it a few times i realized it wasn't impossible, also considering that i'm not a super skilled player, i'm ok but there's definitely people way better than me, out there (like you, i'm pretty sure), so i left it that way.

Funny thing again, the camera rotation effect is something people usually like... you really don't like my choices, uh? :)

Anyway, i'm collecting all of your feedbacks and definitely i'll keep an eye on them for my future projects (Shoot 'em ups or not) to have a better balanced game!

I hope the patch will be very soon available, so you can go for the platinum!

I'll keep you up to date

Have a nice one!

Hi again, I've had a while to reflect on it & I think the game is unique & despite the fact I find a lot of the choices questionable I think originality is an admirable thing & I've accepted that Grood simply does its own thing. Some of the things I complained about do in fact balance the difficulty as well. It definitely is not the worst, I take that back. I'm thinking of it as 'bakage' not 'kusoge' now. I jumped the gun saying first try as well, what I should have said is one sitting.

When I did my play through the other day I had to walk away a few times for an hour or more (after boss 2 it was to calm down lol) so I started at 6am, came back a few times throughout the day & finished the game at about 2pm. When I play it for real on this account I want to do the whole game in one sitting. I'm expecting to die a bunch on stage 6 but this time around at least the second boss won't be getting me after the fact :)

Also I wouldn't say I'm great at 2D shooting but I've played so many that when the games are similar enough to one another & the trophy list isn't super demanding I can breeze through some lists & get an 'easy' plat playing my favourite thing without a guide. Doing stuff like 3 stacks of Ghost Blade, 3 stacks of Caladrius, 3 stacks of Rym 9000, 2 of Under Defeat etc is the sort of trophy whoring dreams are made from imo. I think I was being lazy & a bit of a bitch about learning the Grood system & the fact previous experience with tons of shooters did not apply haha.

Now that I've figured it out I'm looking forward to it. Soon as that patch goes live I'm going for it, then I'll see if I can get a better time on the stack. I wish you all the best in life mate. Sorry to have given you a hard time.

On 31/10/2020 at 1:47 AM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

Hi again, I've had a while to reflect on it & I think the game is unique & despite the fact I find a lot of the choices questionable I think originality is an admirable thing & I've accepted that Grood simply does its own thing. Some of the things I complained about do in fact balance the difficulty as well. It definitely is not the worst, I take that back. I'm thinking of it as 'bakage' not 'kusoge' now. I jumped the gun saying first try as well, what I should have said is one sitting.

When I did my play through the other day I had to walk away a few times for an hour or more (after boss 2 it was to calm down lol) so I started at 6am, came back a few times throughout the day & finished the game at about 2pm. When I play it for real on this account I want to do the whole game in one sitting. I'm expecting to die a bunch on stage 6 but this time around at least the second boss won't be getting me after the fact :)

Also I wouldn't say I'm great at 2D shooting but I've played so many that when the games are similar enough to one another & the trophy list isn't super demanding I can breeze through some lists & get an 'easy' plat playing my favourite thing without a guide. Doing stuff like 3 stacks of Ghost Blade, 3 stacks of Caladrius, 3 stacks of Rym 9000, 2 of Under Defeat etc is the sort of trophy whoring dreams are made from imo. I think I was being lazy & a bit of a bitch about learning the Grood system & the fact previous experience with tons of shooters did not apply haha.

Now that I've figured it out I'm looking forward to it. Soon as that patch goes live I'm going for it, then I'll see if I can get a better time on the stack. I wish you all the best in life mate. Sorry to have given you a hard time.

Sounds great, mate. I already talked to the publisher, the patch is actually ready but we need to wait for Sony (as well as the other platforms owners) for the approval.
I hope this will be very very soon.
Once again, thanks for the feedbacks and don't worry, we all sometimes argue when we discuss something we love, like videogames for us all!
Have a nice one and speak soon!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 2020-10-23 at 11:52 PM, sgnaskyfrosty said:

Hi guys! I'm Claudio, developer of Grood. I hope you'll have fun with the game, and that you're not going to hate me too much everytime you fight a boss :)
I'd like to give you some explanation about some trophies, specifically the $, $$ and $$$.
Basically, causing N dollars in damage means destroying enemies. The more you do that, the more you increase the damage "counter" (that stays even if you die, doesn't matter).
Now, my bad, i realized too late i set the target of those goals too high, so i've already fixed the thing, but releasing a patch, as you probably know, requires a few days.
My advice is to get all the rest, and later, very very soon, focus on the $, $$ and $$$.
The 1000 deaths is another difficult one, but how to get it is pretty straightforward. The difficulty of the game should be helpful :)

Hope you'll like Grood and if you have any question/feedback, i'd be glad to answer you!

Hey bro, game is aight in my book. I didn't find it that difficult. I got a question about the 1000 deaths trophy. Can we kill ourselves or does it count only on enemy death. I'm pretty sure i'm over the counter, been trying this for months now on a daily basis, but can't get it to pop, it prevents me from getting the plat. Thanks in advance. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/1/2022 at 0:13 AM, giggs_amos said:

Hey bro, game is aight in my book. I didn't find it that difficult. I got a question about the 1000 deaths trophy. Can we kill ourselves or does it count only on enemy death. I'm pretty sure i'm over the counter, been trying this for months now on a daily basis, but can't get it to pop, it prevents me from getting the plat. Thanks in advance. 

I have the same problem here, I'm pretty sure that I'm above the 1000 deaths, but the trophy doesn't pop up, I've combined killing myself with letting me kill by the enemies, but nothing happen.  Any suggestion?

1 hour ago, Black_Kaiser7 said:

I have the same problem here, I'm pretty sure that I'm above the 1000 deaths, but the trophy doesn't pop up, I've combined killing myself with letting me kill by the enemies, but nothing happen.  Any suggestion?

Til this day i'm still missing the trophy. I stopped trying a long time ago. Seems like were the exception when it comes to this particular trophy. I don't have any valuable suggestions, you could try deleting your save file and doing it again, that's the only method that comes to my mind since i didn't bother to try it out myself. Searching the internet also doesn't bring any closure. My comment was aimed to one of the developers; he left me on a cold blanket. If you manage somehow to obtain it, please report back your success so i can finally clear this one. 

• 2 months later...