Trans-Siberian Railway (Tips, glitches or bugs)

silveiraFrEaK

I don't have that version (I live in the UK, so had the EU version), but I can't say that this trophy should pose much of an issue, as it should naturally unlock as you are going through the various tournaments, challenges, replaying levels to get the various numbers of destroy this that & the other anyway. At least that's what happened for me.

I would have thought that a bigger problem for yourself would be the 1% trophy, seeing as the US version still requires the full million, doesn't it? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, Forrest_01 said:

I don't have that version (I live in the UK, so had the EU version), but I can't say that this trophy should pose much of an issue, as it should naturally unlock as you are going through the various tournaments, challenges, replaying levels to get the various numbers of destroy this that & the other anyway. At least that's what happened for me.

I would have thought that a bigger problem for yourself would be the 1% trophy, seeing as the US version still requires the full million, doesn't it? 

Yeah, this trophiy too, i acquire all the other trophies, and i complete all the carrer mode, all the tournaments and challenges, but the trophy 1% it's 23% and the Trans-SIberian is 26%, many hours still need to be played, and it's grind that i want to decrease! 

58 minutes ago, silveiraFrEaK said:

Yeah, this trophiy too, i acquire all the other trophies, and i complete all the carrer mode, all the tournaments and challenges, but the trophy 1% it's 23% and the Trans-SIberian is 26%, many hours still need to be played, and it's grind that i want to decrease! 

Well, the 1% I am not all that surprised about as it's quite well documented that it's a bit of an uphill struggle for the US version, but Trans-Siberian shouldn't have that same issue & as mentioned, mine unlocked quite naturally whilst I was doing everything else, so it makes me wonder if that's actually tracking properly for you. I don't have exact figures, but I think by the time I was done with all of the career stuff & then the individual car tournaments (with the odd daily thrown in for good measure), I was at about 90-95% complete & just had to do a few races (which I needed to do for penguins & stuff anyway).

On 10/22/2020 at 7:36 AM, silveiraFrEaK said:

Anyone with the US version game, found any method to decrease this grind?

22 minutes ago, Forrest_01 said:

Well, the 1% I am not all that surprised about as it's quite well documented that it's a bit of an uphill struggle for the US version, but Trans-Siberian shouldn't have that same issue & as mentioned, mine unlocked quite naturally whilst I was doing everything else, so it makes me wonder if that's actually tracking properly for you. I don't have exact figures, but I think by the time I was done with all of the career stuff & then the individual car tournaments (with the odd daily thrown in for good measure), I was at about 90-95% complete & just had to do a few races (which I needed to do for penguins & stuff anyway).

No, the EU version received a patch to lower the distance required, the NA version never did. That’s why you got it naturally and the OP is still way off. I don’t know exactly the amount, but I think it’s reduced to about 1/4 of the original distance.

There’s no way around it, you’ll have to grind it out. The million isn’t nearly as long of a grind, as you’ll probably be replaying some races anyway to clean up other miscellaneous trophies.

Overall though, if you’re not too far in, my advice would be to get the EU version. It’s not terribly expensive and they share a list. I spent the 10 bucks to save myself the 30 Extra hours of grind and consider it money well spent.

Thought i could talk about my experience grinding it. Everytime you watch a sports game, a tv show or a movie, you start a match and you hold the gaz button. Pressing x at times to replay the race. When you have the distance trophy, you can play elimination races because they are faster to get money. Don't grind it because you will go crazy, just do that whenever it works for you.

50 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

No, the EU version received a patch to lower the distance required, the NA version never did. That’s why you got it naturally and the OP is still way off. I don’t know exactly the amount, but I think it’s reduced to about 1/4 of the original distance.

There’s no way around it, you’ll have to grind it out. The million isn’t nearly as long of a grind, as you’ll probably be replaying some races anyway to clean up other miscellaneous trophies.

Overall though, if you’re not too far in, my advice would be to get the EU version. It’s not terribly expensive and they share a list. I spent the 10 bucks to save myself the 30 Extra hours of grind and consider it money well spent.

I didn't actually hear about that, the only bit I heard about was the money side of things (with the EU version only needing about a quarter of the original value come the end I think?). I can see how that would suck if it's actually both.

That said, I think I'm right in saying that this is a port of a mobile game isn't it? It isn't excusing it of course, but they do tend to have these sort of nefarious 'play for x amount of time', 'play for x amount of days in a row', 'collect so many things' objectives all the time, as they want people to keep coming back to them & the grind probably isn't quite so bad if it's just something you do whilst taking a dump.

As something you are actively sitting down to play & complete though? Oof, it's rough.

1 minute ago, Forrest_01 said:

I didn't actually hear about that, the only bit I heard about was the money side of things (with the EU version only needing about a quarter of the original value come the end I think?). I can see how that would suck if it's actually both.

That said, I think I'm right in saying that this is a port of a mobile game isn't it? It isn't excusing it of course, but they do tend to have these sort of nefarious 'play for x amount of time', 'play for x amount of days in a row', 'collect so many things' objectives all the time, as they want people to keep coming back to them & the grind probably isn't quite so bad if it's just something you do whilst taking a dump.

As something you are actively sitting down to play & complete though? Oof, it's rough.

I think you are correct that it is a port. Regardless, the grind is real. It was bad enough on the EU version. I can't imagine doing that and then realizing that I was still only a 1/4 to 1/3 of the way done. Again, for your sanity, buy the EU version.

I'm currently working on Kawaii Deathu on the Vita. Not a 20 hour grind, but it is mind numbing. 2 minutes into the game you have seen all there is to do - mash 2 buttons. Mindlessly. For hours.

Even spaced out over weeks it is awfully painful.

I just platinumed the game and I have to say the EU grind was not too bad. After all other trophies, my KM was around ~1700KM and the gold was around ~60%.

I grinded a few more championships for the 300KMs and then just restarted the elimination race 9 in Typhoon until I had all the money.

Picked it up again after not playing for years and actually the game is not bad at all

• 1 month later...