Ghost/Clean Hands/Shadow 2020

I’ve made this thread for anyone now attempting to get Dishonoured platinum in 2020 and is feeling overwhelmed as I was reading all the bitching about what is, let me reassure you, an easy platinum. 

Having already platinumed Dishonoured 2 and seeing how easy that was I could not get my head around why Dishonoured 1 was getting a 5/10 difficulty rating. In short, pretty much most of the points can be attributed to two trophies which are Clean Hands and Ghosts. In Dishonoured 2 a no-kill run is very easy with no guide needed simply because you have a stats screen that you can check at any point in the game. With Dishonoured 1 there are reports of certain actions voiding ‘clean hands’ that don’t factor into the stats which means sadly some poor souls found this out the hard way. In truth, with all the knowledge acquired the plat difficulty is about a 3.5 or 4/10 tops, so I’m just going to list things I personally did / didn’t do to achieve Ghost, Clean Hands and Shadow. Hopefully that helps. Others' may vary so please share:

Ghost/Clean Hands:

• Didn’t assassinate guards in the prologue. I’ve heard some say they did and still got the Clean Hands. That’s probably because they weren’t successful in killing them so it wasn’t for lack of trying. Don’t do it. The trophy description is careful to distinguish between Clean Hands and Ghost with the latter stating ‘after the prologue’. The former does not. That’s your clue.

• Didn’t leave bodies in the room where the explosion goes off in mission 1/ prison as I heard this causes problems. I left the bodies outside of that room and made sure I used the control panel to lock the large door.

• Didn’t kill dogs.

• Did kill river krusts, rats and hagfish. Was detected by all of them and it did not void Shadow or Ghost nor show up in the stats screen. 

• Whenever I knocked out a body I always made sure to turn them face up to prevent drowning/suffocation even in the shallowest of puddles and obviously kept them out of vision of any rats as the game explicitly tells you rats are attracted to still bodies.

• I helped Granny Rags with her first mission i.e. to stop the thugs at her door but that’s it. Didn’t do anything else for her as what she was suggesting  was clearly sinister. Doing just her first request was enough to lead to the showdown in the sewers (and the missable painting).

• Didn’t deal with Granny’s cameo or take her down a second time, just pick pocketed her key and left my boy Slackjaw to rot. I’ve heard the game registers knocking her out or burning the cameo as a kill but did not test this. You can always reload if you want to save Slackjaw anyway.

• Avoided tallboys at all costs. There isn’t a non-lethal way to take them out/or a way AFAIK that won’t be dangerous to the operator so I just avoided them.

• I knocked out the weepers under Hounds Pit pub. Later on Pierro leaves you a note in Corvo’s room thanking you for leaving a ‘live one’. If you find that note, you’re good for at least one of the weepers.

• Sleep darted Lord Shaw during the duel rather than using the pistols. Still completed the side quest and got Clean Hands. The guards will act as if he’s dead as the devs forgot to add non-lethal dialogue, but you are good.

• Bodies will despawn randomly, it doesn’t mean they’ve been killed and the game does not register despawning bodies as kills.

Ghost/Shadow: 

• Again, was detected by river krusts, rats and fish frequently. They don't count.

• White meters on is ok, it’s when it goes to red and the guard starts attacking you that it’s a problem but when in doubt just reload.

• Just like Dishonoured 2, unconscious bodies were sometimes detected so this does not matter.

• No alarm bells rung but then I know some people have reported alarms bells being rung but they were never detected and it was all good.

Good luck!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

this guide is very useful used it for both ps3 and ps4 

I made this thread for those who would like to do a ghost playthrough blind without constantly darting back and forth between the game and a youtube video. I always play Dishonoured as non lethal/no detections on my first playthrough and without using video guides though I'm sure the video will be cool for someone who is really struggling.