Team ICO Collection

Dreakon139

Kind of considering getting this. I need a game to spend the next week or two on until Uncharted 3 and Skyrim hit the shelves and my current game collection is getting a little tiresome.

I remember played a demo of ICO when it was new on the PS2 and I was mesmerized by it. Not enough to buy it apparently (or perhaps I was just poor/thrifty and generally didn't buy new games), but in my memory I hold it in high regard.

Shadow of the Colossus I actually rented when it was new. In my youth (mid to late teens) I absolutely adored its graphical style and climbing up/bringing down the massive colossus was a hoot. I got hung up a bit though after the first few colossus because I couldn't figure out what to do next and just sort of stopped playing it until I eventually brought it back to Blockbuster.

Having grown up a little bit in the last 5-7 years, I would like to think that I could give these games another go. What better opportunity to do it then in HD, right?

Anyone want to give me a little review on the Team ICO Collection? How have the games held up? Is it worth the $40 or so? How are the trophies, easy or difficult? Is it a rewarding platinum (from what you can tell)? Knowing what you know of me, from what I explained in the first few paragraphs of this thread and my current game collection (you can see all the PS3 games I own here), do these seem like games I would enjoy?

Thanks guys, I look forward to hearing your opinions on these games!

• 5 years later...

Guys, since the release of the Last Guardian is just a few more months do you think that the ICO Collection is worth playing. Honestly, I haven't played this since the PS2 days. So I'm just wondering whether getting the collection is worth it.

Hope to hear from those who have played it.

Thanks!

Guys, since the release of the Last Guardian is just a few more months do you think that the ICO Collection is worth playing. Honestly, I haven't played this since the PS2 days. So I'm just wondering whether getting the collection is worth it.

Hope to hear from those who have played it.

Thanks!

Holy crap! This is such a huge bump from years ago!

Anyway short answer yes get it, it's super cheap and the games are really cool especially shadow.^^

• Like 1