Question about Jump Showdown Physics

RustyBacon13

After falling off I tend to watch Jump Showdown finals just to see if i can get any pointers (it's the only one i watch)

Some players seem to have a technique that sees them jump really late, bounce off the bar and still land on their feet. I've tried this and get shoved off. How are they doing this?

is it just an aspect of spectating a match that makes it seem that way or is there an actual tactic for jumping the bar i don't get?

38 minutes ago, RustyBacon13 said:

After falling off I tend to watch Jump Showdown finals just to see if i can get any pointers (it's the only one i watch)

Some players seem to have a technique that sees them jump really late, bounce off the bar and still land on their feet. I've tried this and get shoved off. How are they doing this?

is it just an aspect of spectating a match that makes it seem that way or is there an actual tactic for jumping the bar i don't get?

I think the game just can’t handle the lag when viewing another player so they are actually jumping earlier than what you see.

Same way when you think you are first to the crown in Fall Mountain but you are not.  And when it appears great whoever grabbed your tail is a long ways off.  They are close to you on their screen!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2020 at 10:13 PM, RustyBacon13 said:

The only tactic I’ve used that works a lot of times is jumping towards the bar instead of away from it. Also, timing where the bar will be and adjusting where you’re standing before the bar is close is crucial.