Imperial Highway

I could use a little help with this trophy:

I've got two (Active) Gateways under my control.  I know where there's a third Gateway -- it's Inactive at present -- and I'm running out of galaxy to explore to find a fourth.  I'm gradually building towards that third one on the far side of the galaxy; it's a bit of a slog because I've massively out-run my Administration cap while doing the trophy for 200 starbases at once.

From scouring the webs, I see that there's allegedly technology that allows one to build gateways.  But I'm a ways up the research trees at this point without having seen any indication that said technology exists.  (Yes, research is also fearsomely expensive from out-running my Administration cap.)

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?  Or to shortcut the process in some other fashion?  I'd prefer to get this trophy out of the way on this cycle while the getting is good before starting a new mini-game and aiming towards some of the other trophies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, acasser said:

I could use a little help with this trophy:

I've got two (Active) Gateways under my control.  I know where there's a third Gateway -- it's Inactive at present -- and I'm running out of galaxy to explore to find a fourth.  I'm gradually building towards that third one on the far side of the galaxy; it's a bit of a slog because I've massively out-run my Administration cap while doing the trophy for 200 starbases at once.

From scouring the webs, I see that there's allegedly technology that allows one to build gateways.  But I'm a ways up the research trees at this point without having seen any indication that said technology exists.  (Yes, research is also fearsomely expensive from out-running my Administration cap.)

Any ideas to point me in the right direction?  Or to shortcut the process in some other fashion?  I'd prefer to get this trophy out of the way on this cycle while the getting is good before starting a new mini-game and aiming towards some of the other trophies.

Gateway Construction technology are close to the last ones you get. If you have the Ascension Perk for rare technologies, it might show up sooner. 

Gateways must be placed on the perimeter of a system... if case you're having issues building them. Two steps are involved: Gateway Construction Site (built by a construction ship) then building the Gateway itself (no ship required). Hope that helps

Edited by Kallume

My issue was finding the technologies in question to research -- this game can be a little confusing in that aspect with three different tech trees and pre-requisites for something in one tree sometimes being in another.  (I expected the first technology to be in Engineering.  Finding the second necessary technology in Physics was a bit of a surprise.)  It didn't help that I had massive penalties to pretty much everything slowing down my research.

I've finally navigated through the tech trees to find what I need.  Your advice has pretty much sewn up the rest of my questions and doubts and for that I thank you.

• Like 1