Question In Regards To The Speedrun Trick

MrTacoNinja

How exactly does it work when using this glitch if I want to make saves while in-game? The steps say to make a save at the very start of each mission and to wait until the timer is about up to make another save. Does that mean that in between these two steps while in a mission I cannot make any saves? Good god I sincerely hope this is not the case because if it is I don't see how this trick makes the game any easier. 

3 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

You can make as many saves as you want and you can use the glitch as many times as you want during a mission. Just don’t overwrite your save at the start of the mission. Most of the time you should be using quicksaves not manual saves.

So what exactly do I do? At the very start of the mission I make a save as instructed to do. We'll call this "Save A". While in the mission do I make a separate save (i.e. "Save B") and continue to use Save B while in-game on a mission to make further saves and load this save as needed if I mess up an objective, get killed, etc., or do I continue to save to Save A? Wouldn't me continuously overwriting Save A nullify the beginning mission start time? Sorry but I'm just really confused on how this all works.

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

So what exactly do I do? At the very start of the mission I make a save as instructed to do. We'll call this "Save A". While in the mission do I make a separate save (i.e. "Save B") and continue to use Save B while in-game on a mission to make further saves and load this save as needed if I mess up an objective, get killed, etc., or do I continue to save to Save A? Wouldn't me continuously overwriting Save A nullify the beginning mission start time? Sorry but I'm just really confused on how this all works.

The easiest way to get your head around it is to play around till it works. This is how I did it.

Start a mission and make two saves via the pause menu.

Then wait a minute or two and make another manual save over one of the two saves you made at the start. When you make this save be sure to make a little progress even if it’s just moving to a slightly different part of the map so that you can tell the exploit has worked as you’ll have the timer back at a few seconds and you’ll see the progress you’ve made.

Next restart the mission from the pause menu.

Once it’s restarted reload the save you made a few seconds into the mission.

Lastly reload the second manual save and you’ll see that your timer is at a few seconds and you’ve made progress.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:48 AM, FilmFanatic said:

The easiest way to get your head around it is to play around till it works. This is how I did it.

Start a mission and make two saves via the pause menu.

Then wait a minute or two and make another manual save over one of the two saves you made at the start. When you make this save be sure to make a little progress even if it’s just moving to a slightly different part of the map so that you can tell the exploit has worked as you’ll have the timer back at a few seconds and you’ll see the progress you’ve made.

Next restart the mission from the pause menu.

Once it’s restarted reload the save you made a few seconds into the mission.

Lastly reload the second manual save and you’ll see that your timer is at a few seconds and you’ve made progress.

Thanks a lot for your reply. This glitch is actually simple as hell to do.

• 5 months later...

Thanks at first I looked at the steps from the trophy guide and it did not work for me (possibly because of only creating one save at the start or maybe I just misunderstood it). Your steps, however, certainly work for me. Thanks!

How could this game get a 4 -5/10 btw? I mean I have no prior experience with games like these but its brutal hard lol

Edited by Makudo333

21 minutes ago, Makudo333 said:

Thanks at first I looked at the steps from the trophy guide and it did not work for me (possibly because of only creating one save at the start or maybe I just misunderstood it). Your steps, however, certainly work for me. Thanks!

How could this game get a 4 -5/10 btw? I mean I have no prior experience with games like these but its brutal hard lol

This game is in no way, shape or form a walk in the park (regardless of the speedrun exploit) and expect a ton of frustrating moments. But as you continue to play you continue to get better. Save constantly. When you're done with this game check out Desperados III. Same devs and basically the same exact game only it's western-themed and a lot easier.

Hey mate!

Absolutely agree with all you said. It is incredibly difficult but I also notice myself getting a lot better than before. Where I would struggle to complete a mission at the start it becomes rather easy to finish it in the 2nd/3rd playthrough. However, some of those badges are super difficult lol.

Quicksave is absolutely a large help and cannot use that enough to save me from every kind of little mistake I accidentally/or not make. 

And what do the trophies look like there? Hard? Much easier? I mean so far I am really liking this game even if it is not a game I would usually play/genre. It is good fun just incredibly difficult and well yea.. my biggest enemy is probably the camera.

PS: What mission is the hardest to earn all badges on so I can mentally prepare myself? xD  Mission 3 was damn difficult with the no killing anyone in the compound.

Edited by Makudo333