PS5 Free game upgrade question

hybridhero102

I've got the digital ps5 preordered and it's coming Tuesday and I've already bought a bunch of new games with confirmed ps5 upgrades, my question is when I upgrade to the ps5 versions of those games, for example AC Valhalla, do I keep both the ps4 and ps5 versions in my library or does the ps4 one convert to ps5 rendering the ps4 version unplayable without another purchase? My ps4 overheats whenever I play system demanding games so I've been waiting to play them on ps5 through backwards compatibility but I'm worried the ps4 versions will be taken away with the upgrade

I was thinking about his too, but I ended up deciding it wasn't that important to me. I don't see myself playing a ps5 version of a game and then jumping backwards to play a worse version of it. I'm not knocking anyone that likes to get multiple stacks of games. For me personally though, I see myself re-platinumig some stuff I liked on the PS4 on the PS5, but not going the other direction.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I was thinking about his too, but I ended up deciding it wasn't that important to me. I don't see myself playing a ps5 version of a game and then jumping backwards to play a worse version of it. I'm not knocking anyone that likes to get multiple stacks of games. For me personally though, I see myself re-platinumig some stuff I liked on the PS4 on the PS5, but not going the other direction.

Yeah I understand that, I was thinking more that because my ps4 can't play most new games without overheating I'd play the ps4 versions first on ps5 then play the upgraded versions

• Like 1

That makes sense. Also, I realized that since I bought a physical ps5 version of Miles Morales, I can't go back for the PS4 version even if I wanted to. I see you got the digital version, so that's not something you have to worry about. I'm just mentioning it in case it can help make another trophy hunter that does care about that additional stack aware of that.

• Like 1

I don’t know the source, but I saw a screenshot, where both versions are installed.

So the ps5 ui offers a submenu, where you can choose between ps5 or ps4 version.

Especially for the new ubisoft games its worth playing the ps4 version on ps5.

Loading times of wd legions on ps4 are horrible.

Especially ingame.

• Like 1