Glitched world events

phoenixbelg

So as many others i have a glitched world event and have to many hours in the game already. Mine specifically is the world event Winchell The Robesfree the box that i need to bring to him is gone. Forever. I tried everything, i even brought a random box in the world all the way to him. Reinstalled game etc etc. Anymore tips? Hoping that a patch Will fix this.

I struggled a bit with this, but this way worked for me: Instead of speaking to the dancing woman, I would dive into the water from where I spoke to Winchell and get to shore behind the large tree. From there, I would sneak around the left side (eastern side) of the tree so no one could see me and pick up the box. They would always discover me doing this. Then, I would turn back and cross over to the east side of the mainland and run with the box up towards the hilltop where Winchell was located. This time he had moved a little bit back to his provisional bed where he was cheering me on as I ran up to him. Here I had to place the box, and then I could speak to him (EDIT: The game also notified me that I had to put down the box at this location once I stood before him).

Before, when I spoke to the woman and exited the nudist camp from the other side, he would not go back to his camp/bed and I would not be able to interact with him.

Hope this helps.

2nd edit: Sorry, I didn't read your post properly, you say that the box isn't where it's supposed to be? In which case, I can't help you. I'll leave my reply in case someone else runs into the same issue I had where I couldn't interact with the quest giver.

Edited by Bartolomeus

I had a different bug with that event, he somehow walked off the cliff/platform where he stands and just stood next to it, I couldn't interact with him at all. I seem to remember I dropped the box in the water but it respawned when I walked away from it. Sounds like there's some pretty big bugs with this event.