Is it just me... or are the trophies in this game way to hard? (help I guess)

SelectiveGamer

So I'm pretty sure it's been over a week and I haven't gotten a trophy in this game. They were coming pretty regularly for awhile and now they've practically become a rarity.

So yeah. Is it just me or are the trophies in this game way to damn hard? To me it seems like... yes. And no I'm NOT going for the Platinum because I tend to only do one playthrough for a game. Because that's as many as I'm willing to put myself through unless I feel like replaying something. To many are difficulty or playthrough specific and most seem too grindy.

Unless this is like Berseria where you get a crap ton of trophies around the end of the game? I suppose it's possible but it just seems unlikely. Yes I've looked through the trophy guide. It's clear to me I won't be getting too many more trophies in this game and will have to accept a terrible trophy grade. I like trophies and sometimes I'll put the effort into getting them but when they're as hard as shit like this seems to be... I just won't even try or put the effort into it.

Thank god I got the Switch version of Hollow Knight. Those trophies would have probably killed my sleep or something. If I can get a D or C in this game (Zestiria) I'll be satisfied I guess. I'll have to be. Clearly.

It just seems to me the trophies in this game are way to damn hard.

If you feel the need to give me advice for this feel free to but I can't guarantee I'll take the advice since the trophies in this game appear to be too damn hard and grindy.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

I haven't played this game, so I don't know for sure. But glancing at the list it looks like typical RPG-stuff to me with less trophies than usual tied to the storyline and more on the side of grinding and for maxing out systems. I just finished Dragon's Quest 11, you might want to try that one out. You will have about 80-90% on it when you finish all main story content. That's about 50ish hours. Based on what you described as frustrating about this game, that one should have the type of trophy experience you want. 

Yes, the game is likely harder (grindwise) then the average Tales game, but I don't think that it reaches Symphonia (both games) as far as grind goes..

I think that the main issue with Zestiria is really the Sublord system as well as the grindy weapon upgrade system, makes for a really annoying game.

I'm still working on and off on it, and need to finish Zestiria before starting Berseria and Vesperia.

But if your concern is just getting an A on the game, then don't worry so much, since you only need to reach the same % as the average completion (16%). That shouldn't be that hard to achieve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spacey Dweeb said:

I haven't played this game, so I don't know for sure. But glancing at the list it looks like typical RPG-stuff to me with less trophies than usual tied to the storyline and more on the side of grinding and for maxing out systems. I just finished Dragon's Quest 11, you might want to try that one out. You will have about 80-90% on it when you finish all main story content. That's about 50ish hours. Based on what you described as frustrating about this game, that one should have the type of trophy experience you want. 

It's fine. I'm enjoying the game despite the fact that most complain about it and claim it's really bad. It just seems the trophies are much harder than they need to be/should be.

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yes, the game is likely harder (grindwise) then the average Tales game, but I don't think that it reaches Symphonia (both games) as far as grind goes..

I think that the main issue with Zestiria is really the Sublord system as well as the grindy weapon upgrade system, makes for a really annoying game.

I'm still working on and off on it, and need to finish Zestiria before starting Berseria and Vesperia.

But if your concern is just getting an A on the game, then don't worry so much, since you only need to reach the same % as the average completion (16%). That shouldn't be that hard to achieve.

Yeah I doubt that. I'm already to 12% and that's a D. I don't see how 16% is an A.

Edited by SelectiveGamer

21 minutes ago, SelectiveGamer said:

Yeah I doubt that. I'm already to 12% and that's a D. I don't see how 16% is an A.

It's statistics.

And I just checked (my Wipeout Omega is A, although I only have 8%, average is 4%, have a B on Zen Pinball is that's 8%, average is 6%)

A = average + standard deviation

B = average

C = average - standard deviation

So, wile I'm wrong about the 16%, but it should be much higher (well, it's at least higher than 20%, from what I saw at Ikemizi profile (he has a game at 20%, that as an average rarity of 16%) https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4277-恋姫演武/ikemenzi

Now, I don't really remember how much work it takes to even bring the completion of the game to 20%... the game definitely is a drag for me (but probably me doing 5 playthroughs to avoid the hardest difficulty is partly at blame..)

• 3 weeks later...

I got platinum in ToZ on pc, there is nothing particularly difficult about it. Tales of Symphonia is much more complicated and longer.
Only 1 trophy requires ng+ for platinum, 2 trophies are easier to get in ng+ (1 in the main game and 1 in DLC). All the rest are obtained in 1 playthrough, if you understand the combat system and open all the difficulties during playthrough.

And if 26% for A rank seems small, take a look at Earth Defense Force 2025. I only played about 2 hours and got 4 trophies, and the game is already A rank with 7%)

Edited by JingIB1