PS5 to PS4 Saves and Autopopping?

DanielVT

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can go back and forth across the PS4 and PS5. The games that you can autopop seem to be PS4 saves transferring to the PS5 version of the game but has anyone been able to or figured out if you can say play Cold War on the PS5 and then take your campaign progress back to the PS4? For instance if I want the Miles Morales autopop do I have to play it on PS4 first or no Autopop if I play it on the PS5 first? I'm a bit confused. 

I think the answer is “it depends”. Some games with the ability to import a PS4 save to PS5 auto-pop trophies (like No Man’s Sky), while others do not (like AC Valhalla). Seems like it’s entirely up to the developer, some will do it and some won’t, so if you’re looking for the answer for specific games you might want to ask in the forums for those games. Odds are someone there might know.

Also, this thread may help: 

Edited by Swotam

11 minutes ago, Swotam said:

I think the answer is “it depends”. Some games with the ability to import a PS4 save to PS5 auto-pop trophies (like No Man’s Sky), while others do not (like AC Valhalla). Seems like it’s entirely up to the developer, some will do it and some won’t, so if you’re looking for the answer for specific games you might want to ask in the forums for those games. Odds are someone there might know.

Also, this thread may help: 

I've seen that thread and I understand it depends. However everyone is talking about PS4 to PS5. I'm talking about PS5 to PS4. I haven't heard anyone talk about that and I don't see a way to make it work which is really odd. I'm just gonna stop playing both versions of games from now on if thats the case cause I want to experience the latest and greatest version of a game and going back and not getting auto pop isn't worth the time. I want more experiences not repeats. So this autopop situation is disappointing. 

Sony should have absolutely made PS4 and PS5 games share a list. It fucks with my OCD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voland44 said:

thats actually interesting question. i questioned that in related topic, but seem there no one tested this

I know, I've been scouring the internet for days and nobody seems to be saying a word about it one way or another.

This happens with Borderlands 3.

There's a PS5 version that you can download, but you need the disc to start it...I made the mistake of doing this, and now I have separate trophy lists for BL3 on my profile. One for PS4 and PS5. The nice thing is that the save I uploaded carried over...But now it looks weird lol.