Japanese only on asian stores?

cris3f

Has anyone bought this game on the asian stores (HK, SG, etc)? The game is listed as japanese only, which isn't usual on these stores as english and chinese (and even korean) are usually present and it's seldom for games to be sold on these stores with japanese only support.

Thanks for any help.

I grabbed it on the HK store recently & it's all in Japanese. I was just going to self boost the online with my physical copy anyway so it's no dramas but good to know this stuff ay. A few games I've purchased at a heavy discount from the HK store lately were Japanese. Stuff like Blade Strangers, Gintama Rumble & Little Witch Academia that I swear had English versions. One day I'll start reading the fine print on this stuff. I don't mind playing in Japanese but when there's an English version available I'd prefer that of course.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 0:08 AM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

A few games I've purchased at a heavy discount from the HK store lately were Japanese. Stuff like Blade Strangers, Gintama Rumble & Little Witch Academia that I swear had English versions. One day I'll start reading the fine print on this stuff. I don't mind playing in Japanese but when there's an English version available I'd prefer that of course.

This is a little late, but Gintama Rumble does have a english subtitle version from playasia. I have it, I can't say the others yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2021 at 3:19 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

This is a little late, but Gintama Rumble does have a english subtitle version from playasia. I have it, I can't say the others yet.

Yeah man that English version is why I took a punt on the digital, on the off chance it too would have English but it's no biggie. At some point the shipping at PA became outrageous & for JPN imports it's better for me to use AmiAmi where I can get a game with express shipping for the price PA would charge before shipping. For the Asian English releases though not much I can do. I used to collect them & got a few wins like a discount AW Phoenix Festa (seems insane in retrospect that I waited for a sale for that game) but at some point I fell off the wagon & still need a few titles. Maybe one day I'll get a windfall & impulse buy that English Gintama game.

Anyway since it's the Senko 2 sub forum I should go with the topic for a second here & mention that I had a go at self boosting with a physical copy & the JPN-language version from the HK store & that worked just fine. I wasn't able to send an invite between the versions (if you accept the invite it asks to 'insert disc') but I was able to find my alt with no issues & even encountered a random playing the game which was horribly laggy as expected. Nice to know that works in any case.