Internal Hardrive for PS4 Pro

Gewehr_FR

Hello gamers,

I have the PS4 Pro Death Stranding edition. I bought it brand new, It's a beauty and I had no problem with it whatsoever so far.

But about one month ago, as I was playing RDR2, I started having a corrupted data error message. The disc is automatically ejected and the error message tells me to delete and reinstall the game data, which I did. It still happened again from time to time afterwards. I just suspected a corrupted autosave, as saving on a new slot fixed the issue.

I took a break from RDR2. Played Mafia Definitive Edition. I got the platinum without any crash. Although I ended up getting the same message while playing a freeride mission.

Then I started AC Syndicate. Plenty of crashes with this same error message.

This is where I really started to suspect a HDD problem... I couldn't rebuild the database (another error) so I restored the PS4 system entirely.

Resumed AC Syndicate and I kept getting corrupted data messages, though more rarely. Finished the game after all.

But today my PS4 refused to start. I had to download an update from Sony's website and transfer it through USB to my PS4 to reinitialize it, once again.

It's very likely it will happen again if I don't change my PS4 internal hard disk.

I need minimum 1TO, preferably 2TO. I believe the PS4's hardware doesn't allow 4TO. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know anything about reading speed, PS4 Pro compatibility and the other technical stuff. I just know that SSD are a more recent technology and therefore much faster than HDD, and more expensive of course.

When I search on Amazon I see a lot of Seagate BarraCuda / FireCuda but it seems people buy it for their PC, not PS4.

So yeah, I'm kinda lost and I need advice on buying a new internal hardisk for my PS4 Pro.

Thank you.

@Gewehr_FR
PS4 Pro is using SATA III connectors which allow much higher data transfer than the base model. Going with an SSD is a must. I'd recommend the SAMSUNG 860 EVO, 1 TB. Price: Roughly 100 €. 2TB are also available but much more expensive. This is the one I use in my PS3.

mz-76e500b_08o8jqc.png

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 2

As suggested above, a SATA III SSD is a good choice and either an Intel or a Samsung is worth the premium. Other SSD manufacturers tend to switch out data controllers or DRAM chips willy nilly and not change model numbers so they're a bit unreliable on what kind of performance you'll get out of them. This is not a good place to save a couple bucks.

• Like 2

Thank you guys. Samsung is a brand I trust, because I've never had any issue with my nearly 10 years old TV. I found it on amazon for 110 €, with free delivery.

I'm not ready to spend 250€ for the 2TO version.

I should have thought about this right when I bought the PS4 Pro...

Anyways I give myself a day or two to think about it. I will take any additional opinion or suggestion.

Edited by Gewehr_FR