1Lf67393.png

#83 // Rocksmith 2014

100%

Platinum Rarity: 0.82%

Completed in 6 months, 2 weeks

Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

Trophy Grind: 8/10

Overall Enjoyment: 10/10

Rocksmith 2014 is one of the best games I've played in a while, obviously not for the nonexistent story or anything, but purely for the gameplay! I bought this game after playing it at a friends and having a blast and thought it would be a great an fun way to learn songs, which of course it is. But it's also great for developing other areas of guitar. While Learn A Song will focus more on memorization or just sight-reading/having fun; Guitarcade is a great way to help develop and improve different guitar techniques such as sliding or bending. The games built-in lessons are great to teach you when you can't figure out a technique or are having trouble doing it properly, with the addition of that and Google there should be no problems understanding the techniques the game covers for both bass and guitar. Session Mode is a blast if you have another amateur guitar playing friend over as you get to jam out to an artificial drum kit or whatever other instrument (Up to 4 at once) that reacts to how you play.

I'd say there are 4 minor problems with the game in my eyes that they could fix in a future installment if they release another. Firstly, when you tune to a lower tuned song in the game to play it, the game has a more difficult time recognizing correctly played notes outside of standard tuning. The second is that the in-game tuner tunes the G slightly sharper than it should be. The third is that Session Mode does not offer alternate tunings outside of Standard. And lastly, the game lacks some lessons and practice tracks for some more advanced techniques such as pinch harmonics and sweep picking.

Other than those minor problems, the game in my opinion is a lot of fun while be a great tool for beginners and amateur guitarists to learn and strengthen their playing skills for either guitar or bass. I will definitely continue to play this after platinum to just continue developing my playing as well as to have fun with as well. Great game, definitely recommend to anybody thinking of starting it or starting guitar.

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

1L243b07.png

#84 // The Wolf Among Us

100%

Platinum Rarity: 29.44%

Completed in 3 days, 21 hours

Trophy Difficulty: 1/10

Trophy Grind: 3/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6/10

I only rated my enjoyment as a 6/10 because I have difficulty sitting through Telltales games. I get bored and I honestly prefer to watch other people play them. The decision making is cool, but generally who I watch makes similar decisions to what I'd make and I find it more entertaining than playing it myself. That only goes for Telltale games and that's just my opinion on that.

Outside of that, even though I can't sit through it due to my attention span I still enjoy the stories that they tell a lot, which is the main thing I enjoy about them since I can't sit through the gameplay usually. It's a great story with great characters though and I recommend it to anyone looking for a solid story if you can sit through the game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

1Lc94a74.png

#85 // Crysis 3

100%

Platinum Rarity: 4.49%

Completed in 1 week, 1 day

Trophy Difficulty: 3/10

Trophy Grind: 2/10

Overall Enjoyment: 8/10

Late update, but I got to sit down and play Crysis 3 when it came for free to PS+. I haven't played the other games in the series, but enjoyed this one. I mostly liked the stealth elements in the game and really enjoyed the bow. This was one of the more fun shooters I've played in the last while, with a fairly easy and relatively short ultra rare platinum to boot! Recommended to anybody wanting an easy ultra rare platinum trophywise, but beware that the DLC is expensive and dead. It's nearly impossible to get into a game without boosting, so you'll likely need a boosting group to finish up the DLC trophies for this. The online it's self is still quite active, at least in the modes you have to enter for trophies, you'll have no problem finding a game.

1Le0cf25.png

#86 // Call of Duty: Classic

100%

Platinum Rarity: 14.48%

Completed in 4 years, 2 weeks, 3 days

Trophy Difficulty: 8.5/10

Trophy Grind: 5/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6/10

FINALLY! 4 years and I finally was able to sit down and pull through this. I'd stay away from this game. I could barely stand it, 4 years ago I thought it would be cool because I was really into Call of Duty at the time. But it was instantly very different and hard. I decided to start the game on Hardened since the game requires 3 playthroughs due to to difficulty trophies not stacking. Honestly, Hardened was the hardest playthrough, because after I had played through it and had a general idea of enemy spawns and save points, playing the game on Veteran was quite a bit easier since the game has very few random sequences, most of it is always the same each time you play it. This game features a health bar, and on Veteran there is no healing, so when you lose health you have to survive through the rest of that level without earning back any health unless you die and go back to a checkpoint where you did have more health or finish the mission. I used to find the game extremely hard, but after my first playthrough (A 4 year long playthrough haha), I finished the other two playthroughs in a week with Veteran taking probably around 20 hours and Regular taking about 3 hours. I'm super glad to have this game scratched off my backlog. I have all PS3s platinums for Call of Duty at the moment :o

Edited by Blazikiller

• 1 month later...

1L9c776a.png

#87 // Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

100%

Platinum Rarity: 17.68%

Completed in 3 weeks, 1 day

Trophy Difficulty: 2/10

Trophy Grind: 2/10

Overall Enjoyment: 10/10

I've been busy with school and all of my music projects, so I've barely had time to game, but I decided I was going to play some games that I'd enjoy playing and take a break from some of the more frustrating games I've been playing and sit down when I have a chance to relax and actually relax with something a bit easier that I really enjoy. I'd wanted to play Sly since it came out and I loved it. Definitely a great addition to the series, I had lots of fun and the game presented itself well with updated graphics and the same quirky humour from the original games. The only problem I had with the game was that it didn't seem to be optimized very well as there was occasional lag spikes on a game that shouldn't have any lag I believe. Next up I'm thinking of playing some other games that have been on my shelf for a while like inFamous 2 and Ratchet Deadlocked. But I still would like to make Sonic Unleashed's platinum my 5000th trophy, but won't let it get in my way if I don't feel like making it work out in between some other games.

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1