1Lb326ca.png

#80 // Transformers: Dark of the Moon

100%

Platinum Rarity: 18.41%

Completed in 14 hours, 50 minutes

Trophy Difficulty: 2/10

Trophy Grind: 2/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6.5/10

I got this really cheap at $5. At the time I hadn't known how quick and easy the platinum was, but I popped it in last night and finished it off this morning. It only took about 4 hours to do all the single player trophies and an extra 2 and a half on multiplayer that could've been reduced except for some connection and lobby issues. The game itself wasn't bad, but nothing fantastic. I personally think that Revenge of the Fallen was a much better game all around with replay value and more enjoyable gameplay than Dark of the Moon. Dark of the Moon didn't really follow the movies stroyline at all, which is fine since the movies story wasn't that great, but neither was this. Still, it was fun enough to jump around and destroy alien robots for a few hours.

I also earned #79 The Walking Dead (JP) plat yesterday, but it's not much worth mentioning since I already played it through before, but I experimented with some different choices to see some different characters develop and die in different ways.

Edit 2: Linked any games that I wrote a small little recap for to their platinum images on my list, so if a game has a little review, you can click on the plat in my list to direct you to my post for the game.

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

1Lb8cc5c.png

#81 // Call of Duty: Ghosts

78%

Platinum Rarity: 3.84%

Platinum in 1 week, 3 hours

Platinum Difficulty: 3/10

Trophy Grind: 2/10

Overall Enjoyment: 7.5/10

That was quick! This is my quickest Call of Duty platinum ever and it was very easy and quick to do. It took me about 7-8 hours to play through the campaign on Veteran and get every misc. trophy objective along the way with little to no difficulty. The story was as expected to be completely insane and not make a lot of sense logically as your character survives many ridiculous situations seemingly unscathed.

Though, the new game mode within COD, Extinction, I do enjoy. It seems like it will be difficult and at first it may seem like the trophies and the objectives are insane, but after playing a match, it'll be pretty easy. It's easy to earn the trophies by joining random games, or if youre lucky you'll have a friend willing to help out who knows his way inside and out the game mode.

The DLC is and will be much harder to complete than the platinum and probably take much longer. The released Extinction maps are much harder than the first and have some requirements that will be tricky.

Overall, it's COD, so it is what you'd expect to be mostly recycled, with some new characters, weapons and interfaces, but overall fairly similar to the previous release. Though, with that said, I do like the new Extinction mode and don't mind the multiplayer; the guard dog scorestreak in multiplayer is great and I actually like the new perk system inside Ghosts multiplayer.

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 1

La85ab2.png

\ PSN 100% #22 /

\ Vessel (NA) /

Rarest Trophy: 1.70%

*28th* 100% achiever

on PSNP

Completed in 1 day, 7 hours

Trophy Difficulty: 3/10

Trophy Grind: 3/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6.5/10

This game recently came free with Plus. I originally had no plans of playing it anytime soon. But I'm in a trophy hunting competition involving rare trophies, the more rare, the better. I looked and saw this had 18 ultra rares and read that it really was not that bad; game wise or trophy wise.

Vessel is a kind of puzzle platformer with some liquid pyshics thrown in. Well, the main gameplay revolves around the liquid usage to create creatures called Fluros to help you stop the Fluros that have taken control of some different machinery through evolution.

I'm not big on puzzle games, mostly because I can get frusturated fairly easily, but overall Vessel wasn't too hard, but provided enough of a challenge to make you think and not get bored. There were a couple of puzzles I got really stuck on and had to watch a video for the solution, as well as a couple of the collectibles.

The trophies in this are fairly simple and really only require you to complete the game and get all of the collectibles, with a couple miscellanous trpohy tasks along the way. There aren't very many guides yet, except for a collection of videos by Vanguardofvalor on Youtube. It's a long playthrough but I usually just skipped to the parts where he actually solved the puzzles.

I also think that the trophies rarity will probably rise as more people actually play it, but it may stay fairly low if there are more people that get turned off by the gameplay early on. (There are 18 Utra Rares for now!! :o)

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 2

Congrats on finishing this game so fast ^^ I was never a really fast gamer, so yeah. xD I take my time with this game. I only need to finish the mines ^^

The mines definitely have some tricky puzzles, couldn't get by 2 of them without a guide haha. Also theres a really obnoxious part with some annoyin ladders that toom me like 15 minutes because I wasnmt compotent enough to climb the ladders properly.

The mines definitely have some tricky puzzles, couldn't get by 2 of them without a guide haha. Also theres a really obnoxious part with some annoyin ladders that toom me like 15 minutes because I wasnmt compotent enough to climb the ladders properly.

I hate the ladder mechanics in this game xD It's annoying and sometimes even difficult to get up those ladders without falling down xD 

So Vessel is kind of like Surge Deluxe's Grinder Man. Not a hard trophy but off-putting at first.

Eh kinda. Except there really is no grind unless you hate puzzle games, or just dislike the game. Everything can be earned while completing the story very easily, a couple of the misc trophies and the actual puzzles may take a few tries to figure out or do correctly, but overall it's easy and not really a grind either. That being said, if you knew how to solve every puzzle as you walked up to it, this could easily be a 6 hour 100% or maybe less.

Oh ya! I'm working on a Rocksmith 1 "speedrun" and am coming near the end, I just need to grind out the same songs on repeat to rank up and unlock some pedals and I'm almost 100% sure I will have the fastest time :)

Edited by Blazikiller

1Le5a2b1.png

#82 // Rocksmith

100%

Platinum Rarity: 0.47%

Completed in 3 days, 12 hours

(Fastest 100% time)

Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

Trophy Grind: 6/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6/10

I went into this platinum planning on having the fastest time, and it paid off because I certainly did it. I could've even been 24 hours faster if I had bought the guitar unlocking DLC. Overall, this is not nearly as enjoyable or integrative as Rocksmith 2014, which makes sense being it's predecessor. But the game still works fine and isn't too broken. I highly dislike the "journey" mode and how events and progress work in this game compared to Rocksmith 2014. The Guitarcade games can also be confusing since there is little to no explanation of how to play the games, though for the most part they were easy to figure out. Gameplay wise, I would definitely not recommend this and just skip to Rocksmith 2014 for sure. Rocksmith 2014 has better interfaces and well, really everything, even the available songs are superior in my opinion. Trophy wise, if you are a well-rounded guitarist, this platinum isn't too challenging I found and it may be worth it to pick up if you are an ultra rare hunter and a guitarist. Grind wise, this was a huge grind in terms of having most things done than playing the same short songs over and over to gain points to reach the highest ranks as soon as possible. Took me literally a whole day of playing (About 12PM-11PM) to reach Rank 11 on bass and guitar from rank 8.

km5ulTy.png

Edited by Blazikiller
  • Like 3

1Le5a2b1.png

#82 // Rocksmith

100%

Platinum Rarity: 0.47%

Completed in 3 days, 12 hours

(Fastest 100% time)

Trophy Grind: 6/10

Overall Enjoyment: 6/10

I went into this platinum planning on having the fastest time, and it paid off because I certainly did it. I could've even been 24 hours faster if I had bought the guitar unlocking DLC. Overall, this is not nearly as enjoyable or integrative as Rocksmith 2014, which makes sense being it's predecessor. But the game still works fine and isn't too broken. I highly dislike the "journey" mode and how events and progress work in this game compared to Rocksmith 2014. The Guitarcade games can also be confusing since there is little to no explanation of how to play the games, though for the most part they were easy to figure out. Gameplay wise, I would definitely not recommend this and just skip to Rocksmith 2014 for sure. Rocksmith 2014 has better interfaces and well, really everything, even the available songs are superior in my opinion. Trophy wise, if you are a well-rounded guitarist, this platinum isn't too challenging I found and it may be worth it to pick up if you are an ultra rare hunter and a guitarist. Grind wise, this was a huge grind in terms of having most things done than playing the same short songs over and over to gain points to reach the highest ranks as soon as possible. Took me literally a whole day of playing (About 12PM-11PM) to reach Rank 11 on bass and guitar from rank 8.

Well, big congrats for this plat :) If I had a guitar I could also finish it, but sadly... :(

Just out of Interest, what three short master mode songs would you recommend for the fastest grinding on guitar? 

Well, big congrats for this plat :) If I had a guitar I could also finish it, but sadly... :(

Just out of Interest, what three short master mode songs would you recommend for the fastest grinding on guitar?

Well I can never listen to Blur again haha. The three I used that were easy were Song 2 Combo, Go With the Flow Combo and Song 2 Single Note. The only problems were gettings long encore songs that gave me no points. Sometimes I also three in Take Me Out because I already knew it. But the songs were easy snough I watched Netflix the whole grinding and only looked at the TV to see what the encore was and remake the setlist.
  • Like 1

Well I can never listen to Blur again haha. The three I used that were easy were Song 2 Combo, Go With the Flow Combo and Song 2 Single Note. The only problems were gettings long encore songs that gave me no points. Sometimes I also three in Take Me Out because I already knew it. But the songs were easy snough I watched Netflix the whole grinding and only looked at the TV to see what the encore was and remake the setlist.

Song 2 was my first choice on my bass playthourg xD It's such an annoying song. 

I hated the random mastermode encore songs -.- I got so often a master version of a Song, I couldn't even remember how to play it xD 

Song 2 was my first choice on my bass playthourg xD It's such an annoying song. 

I hated the random mastermode encore songs -.- I got so often a master version of a Song, I couldn't even remember how to play it xD

For the most part the only songs I had mastered were songs I was using for my grinding, so that wasn't a problem for me haha. I didn't use Song 2 at all for my bass. I used Space Ostrich, Vasoline, Breed, I Miss You, etc. That one I actually switched up somewhat.

Oh yeah, space ostrich is a fun track to play xD Liked this one. Still, one of my favourite songs in the game is unnatural selection by muse. Had this in some sets in the list, just because it's cool ^^ I'm looking forward to Rocksmith 2014 and many new songs. Maybe I buy some dlc songs as well this time. 

Btw. do you know anything about a possible follow up game? Maybe a Rocksmith 2015? Would love to see this in the near future.

Oh yeah, space ostrich is a fun track to play xD Liked this one. Still, one of my favourite songs in the game is unnatural selection by muse. Had this in some sets in the list, just because it's cool ^^ I'm looking forward to Rocksmith 2014 and many new songs. Maybe I buy some dlc songs as well this time. 

Btw. do you know anything about a possible follow up game? Maybe a Rocksmith 2015? Would love to see this in the near future.

I'd love a follow up, especially if they were to manage to make the interface even more accurate than it already is. If they make another Rocksmith, I'd also love to see the songs from Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 carry forward to make a pretty huge song list haha. But currently, if you follow their Facebook it looks like they are focused on releasing new DLC packs every week and have some pretty big bands on the radar that they are trying to go through the process with, or waiting for a response from.

I'd love a follow up, especially if they were to manage to make the interface even more accurate than it already is. If they make another Rocksmith, I'd also love to see the songs from Rocksmith and Rocksmith 2014 carry forward to make a pretty huge song list haha. But currently, if you follow their Facebook it looks like they are focused on releasing new DLC packs every week and have some pretty big bands on the radar that they are trying to go through the process with, or waiting for a response from.

There are some Bands I really would love to see on Rocksmith xD For example some Victor Wooten stuff for bass, or Primus. Also Stanley CLarke and Marcus Miller would be great. I want more interesting and challenging Bass stuff. Sadly the Slap and Pop was most of the time not correctly recognized in Rocksmith. Wonder if that's better in 2014 version. Had a really hard time with Red hot chili papers in part 1 xD

Edited by cybershark91

There are some Bands I really would love to see on Rocksmith xD For example some Victor Wooten stuff for bass, or Primus. Also Stanley CLarke and Marcus Miller would be great. I want more interesting and challenging Bass stuff. Sadly the Slap and Pop was most of the time not correctly recognized in Rocksmith. Wonder if that's better in 2014 version. Had a really hard time with Red hot chili papers in part 1 xD

The slap an pop recognition is not nearly as picky, homestly I dont think you even need to slap and pop the notes to hit them in 2014, which is good because, well, its less picky haha. Also personally I have a lot of slap and pop practice to do, so thats a good thing.

Ld90b4e.png

\ PSN 100% #23 /

\ Skullgirls Encore /

Rarest Trophy: 2.31%

Completed in 1 day, 17 hours

Trophy Grind: 4/10

Overall Enjoyment: 8/10

I really enjoyed this fighting game for what I played of it outside of trophies. I enjoyed the artwork and found most of the characters very cute, but sexy. The story modes were short, kind of like Arcade Modes with cutscenes, but it was enjoyable nonetheless and the stories and characters were interesting enough.

One thing I have to say about the game is that the tutorial mode is the best I've ever experienced in a fighting game. I learned more about fighting games in general in the hour and a half tutorials than I have ever learned about a fighting game even after grinding a couple hundred hours of Mortal Kombat. Learning about different skills such as low-high mixups, proper blocking techniques and when to block and dodge, etc. Even though the lessons are tailored to Skullgirls I think I could apply a good amount of the knowledge to other 2D fighting games.

Trophy wise this was really easy following a guide. You need to learn a couple combos, but they aren't very tricky and easy to pull off. Most of the trophies are just grindy trophies that take a couple hours after sitting down with a second controller to fight against. I didn't find anything difficult and think that even new players (to fighting games) could attain this 100% without too much struggle.

I really like the set up of your checklist. Makes me think about changing mine. Congrats on Rocksmith. I have that one to finish up myself.

Thanks man! I had the main design inspired by some other ones I saw around to keep it a bit simpler in terms of the platinums to take up less space, but added some of my own flare with Photoshop like my Ultra Rare trophy display thingy. Good luck with it, if you've played guitar for a couple years it should be no problem to finish up, if you're new it'll take a bit longer, but with some practice you'll get there. I'm actually working on a more detailed guide than the others I've seen, so maybe that will help you out if I finish it :P

Edited by Blazikiller