mini trophy guide

figured id share some tips real quick for this game. first off try to avoid the electric island. this was part of a dlc on pc/xbox which seems to be added into the ps4 version. its very janky. you really dont need to do it unless you want to complete the scientist missions. you can make a outfit that stops you from being elctrocuted during rain. but there is no food anywhere, and zombies that constantly revive themselves. overall theres just to many glitches in there that made me not comfortable about my save file

the game only blue screened me once, it was in the area described above. one of the zombies teleported through the fence and my health would go directly to 0 for no reason constantly until the game crashed.

there is no item storage, so you can drop your items all over the map and theyll always be where you dropped them. i didnt seem to have a issue with them disappearing. although there was one bunker i dropped items into and those disappeared. so i try to drop them in front of bunkers.

now for the trophies. there is alot of guides on xbox and steam if you need to know how to make any weapons or quest items

discoverer 1-3 trophies
youll get these naturally. 

herbalist

you have to find 20 plants through the game. if you pick kenji he has a special skill you can unlock that shows where these plants are on your map. you can also check your survival guide to see which ones you unlocked. i was missing 1 and the survival guide narrows down the location. i think its like 5 per island roughly.

picky monkeys - complete 12 secondary quests of kovacs monkeys
these monkeys are all over. sometimes 3 on each island. i believe most monkeys have 3 quests each. the primary 1st will be finding them ingredients to make something like a certain food, then you talk to them again and they give you a secondary quest which is usually finding a golden item on the island. i believe that is the secondary quest. 3rd quest is to find the hidden monkey, you dont have to do the 3rd. i only found 1 hidden monkey and i got a special item. im pretty sure this popped for me before i did all secondary quests. i think i had one or 2 more to do.

complete the story in normal mode
i dont know if difficulty stacks but normal can be a bit challenging. especially in the beginning of the game until you get some food and health. it gets a bit easier. try to make a boomerang with 3 bones and a flint. they have bad aim but it helps alot when you run out of ammo from your other weapons. fire arrows are pretty powerfull. when you go against animals use fire arrows or boomerang, because bullets dont seem to be as powerfull against them. 

complete story in ironmode
this trophy made me hesitant because of the rarity but it wasnt much different then normal mode. the big difference i saw was your health goes down faster. there also seems to be sometimes more enemies in certain areas. i try to avoid night as much as possible if i can. i'll try to save when i sleep when its night so i can pass most of it. the night monsters are just straight annoying.

a trick i found in the xbox forums which worked for me to keep my weapons and carry them over (you lose everything when you start a new game on ironmode after completing normal mode)
from warkullt -
"To avoid the reset, when your in the main menu go to Online game
---> Game mode: Story mode
---> Story option: look for someone to help
---> Character: select your original character
---> the Story option will automatically change to "continue" so set it back to "look for
someone to help"

---> Difficulty: Ironman then search"

play up to the first save youll see "saving" in the top right screen. then you can exit. the go local and start a new ironmode game and youll have your gear still. 

now the thing here is, the online is dead lol. so your going to need someone to help you (not me so dont ask) or 2 ps4s work.
2 ps4s will help greatly to duplicate items. food and ammo and red stones are a big help when duplicating. and health. or again a friend. ive noticed certain areas when a 2nd player joins you online, their items will be gone and everything is reset. i dont know why it does this. im guessing its the added dlc map areas that do it. i also couldnt seem to transfer saved items from the alt on normal mode to my main on iron mode. it takes a bit of messing around to do. i always double backup my saves.

perfect run - complete a challenge with a S ranking
this isnt hard to do. instead of picking story mode, pick challenge mode. there are 9 challenges. challenge 3 is the easiest. i dont know what counts as S mode but youll most likely get it. try to get a good accuracy. i noticed if i finished the level to fast it would give me a A or B. i think score and accuracy may be key. on challenge 3 the way i monitored when the level would be close to ending is looking at my flashlight battery. when you start 3 youll be in daylight, then the night comes and monsters come. flick your light on to scare them. i noticed by the time my flashlight was down to a quarter percent this was about the time daylight came and the night monsters left and almost 0 monsters came. you can then install the spark plug in the plane and leave.

Dead again - achieve your first instakill on a zombie
hit start and go to your optins and turn instakills on. this helped me greatly when i was in a swarm and by accident clicked on my melee weapon. if your close enough to a enemy and they dont die first hit, the instakill action will do a animated kill. youll get this easily.

survival veteran - reach "survival hobbyist" ranking tag
this imo is prob one of the hardest trophies of the game next to ironmode. if you can get a friend to help you in co op online this would greatly make this easier. when you finish a challenge you get rank point. you need to get to rank 21.which basically means completing all 9 challenges solo if you dont have a friend to help. most of these challenges are a pain and even on easy you can die easy. each challenge though has its own tricks. for example the chainsaw level instead of using the chainsaw i converted it into a gun and then as i gathered more parts i had a chainsaw and gun but mainly used a gun. your online score and local score both go towards your rank so thats good. you cannot play the same map over and over it wont rank you up. i played challenge 3 about 8 times and saw no rank difference. but you can play it once in online and once solo and i believe the points add to your rank. i dont think upping the difficulty gives you anymore points. all the maps i died on normal so i dont know. only challenge 3 i complete on both normal and easy and i didnt notice a rank bump. the level with the ostriches i made a boomerang and killed as many as i could and saved tons of meat, this was to help me through the board if i got in a jam i could throw it to distract the enemies. be carefull though you can loose a boomerang if its not a gold one. i lost 2 on that level throwing it on the side of the mountain.

unlock your first skill
this will come naturally

four handed massacre - complete local or online challenge with another player
this one can be a bit tricky. but it can be done with 2 controllers on local co op. have your second controller grab the spark plug on challenge three before you open the gates. dont stay inside to long or enemies start coming. on your main controller open the gate and grab all the ammo and guns as fast as possible. now at the same time try to move both controllers south towards the plane. leave controller 2 with the spark plug butted right against the plane ready to use it. your main character will be at the edge of the dock killing all enemies. IF your lucky you might be fast enough to get to the plane in time and install the plug and finish the level within 1 minute and pop the trophy. if not you might have to fight through the night until zombies are dead. i read somewhere to throw bait off screen and then run to the plane. this never worked for me it always said zombies nearby even though i had them lured way off the map. if you fight through the night just focus on keeping your main characters health up while fighting

excuse my grammar and punctuation. my keyboard is half broke and its just way faster if im not being properly punctuated. dont ask me for my ironmode save or weapons. i am deleting this game and moving on.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 4

• 10 months later...

A quick tip for the herbalist trophy - your co-op partner can give you all the items during an online match and it'll still pop without needing to manually collect everything.

You can also duplicate materials, upgrade stones, weapons and ammo if you have an online partner.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 0:03 PM, poetic_justice_ said:

Thanks for posting this, melodic. I am going to avoid this game. It sounds like stress, not fun.

its honestly extremely fun. for me it was anyways because i like over the top games (sort of similar to dead nation point of view) an there isnt many of them. i enjoyed both how to survive games. but they did take me roughly a week to complete so if you want a quick 100% its prob not the game for it. once you get use to what your doing and know the areas its really cool. when you know how to duplicate your items thats where the real fun begins. i found a spot to build my camp that made enemies almost impossible to enter. the best part was building the traps around my fort everywhere so they couldnt go in. i just kept duping supplies which took a while, and then building more and more traps. when i was done with everything i was going to test filling the entire map with just traps to see if the game could handle it but i decided to move on instead. the trophies can seem a bit overwhelming but as you pick away at them youll get closer and closer. its good to start a playthrough for fun until you realize what your doing and then start focusing on what needs to be done. just try to avoid that stupid electric island as much as possible that area really screwed the game up.