Are the German stacks on PS Now?

GUDGER666

I take it you mean, which game version will you be playing, as in EU/NA (because there are no dedicated "German" versions, if you buy a game in Germany, you'll get the EU version)? If so, then yes, if a game has different stacks, you will get the EU stack. I'm German and when I downloaded the Turing Test via PS Now, I got the EU trophy list.

Hope that helps! ?

1 minute ago, DonFrancesco said:

I take it you mean, which game version will you be playing, as in EU/NA (because there are no dedicated "German" versions, if you buy a game in Germany, you'll get the EU version)? If so, then yes, if a game has different stacks, you will get the EU stack. I'm German and when I downloaded the Turing Test via PS Now, I got the EU trophy list.

Hope that helps! ?

That’s right but wolfenstein is different, if u buy the game in the German store you will get the GER (German) stack, if u buy it anywhere else it will have the default list

check the game you will understand

• Like 3

Just now, Atoya said:

That’s right but wolfenstein is different, if u buy the game in the German store you will get the GER (German) stack, if u buy it anywhere else it will have the default list

check the game you will understand

Oh, okay. Yeah, I have never played a Wolfenstein game myself, so I didn't know about this, but I can imagine that it would be somewhat of an exception, knowing what the games are about. Interesting. I'll go check that out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DonFrancesco said:

Oh, okay. Yeah, I have never played a Wolfenstein game myself, so I didn't know about this, but I can imagine that it would be somewhat of an exception, knowing what the games are about. Interesting. I'll go check that out.

Yeah it’s really rare, maybe because wolfenstein takes part in Germany in another timeline where hitler won WW2, the game has a lot of nazi flags so maybe the German version took that out, I can see that happening

Edited by Atoya
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Atoya said:

Yeah it’s really rare, maybe because wolfenstein takes part in Germany in another timeline where the hitler won WW2, the game has a lot of nazi flags so maybe the German version took that out, I can see that happening

Yes, those were my exact thoughts as well. German censorship tends to be very sensitive about these things, so I can totally see them editing each and every swastika out. As far as I could tell from just looking it over quickly, the trophies themselves seem to be identical, so it probably really is something like this.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DonFrancesco said:

Yes, those were my exact thoughts as well. German censorship tends to be very sensitive about these things, so I can totally see them editing each and every swastika out. As far as I could tell from just looking it over quickly, the trophies themselves seem to be identical, so it probably really is something like this.

In Germany...it is literally illegal to make the Nazi salute in public. You can receive a 6 month prison sentence in Germany and Austria for doing so. This is mostly a tourist problem when they think they are trying to be funny.They usually get let off with a fine and a couple days of being held. I believe it is also illegal to have any Nazi memorabilia in your possession in either countries. So technically...I think it's illegal for Germans or Austrians to have a copy of this title that is not censored.  

1 hour ago, Shua_J said:

In Germany...it is literally illegal to make the Nazi salute in public. You can receive a 6 month prison sentence in Germany and Austria for doing so. This is mostly a tourist problem when they think they are trying to be funny.They usually get let off with a fine and a couple days of being held. I believe it is also illegal to have any Nazi memorabilia in your possession in either countries. So technically...I think it's illegal for Germans or Austrians to have a copy of this title that is not censored.  

Yes, as far as I'm aware you're correct about the Nazi salute (though I've never seen anyone actually doing it, tbh, and I really think that it should only be natural not to). Same with the Nazi memorabilia. Though I have to admit I find it a bit ridiculous to extend this train of thought, which so far is perfectly understandable, to entertainment media that are not even originally created in Germany/Austria. But that doesn't mean you might not be right, it's certainly in the realm of possibility that owning a non-censored version of these games in Germany is illegal.