Best Arcade Stick

SignosisX

35 minutes ago, SignosisX said:

Hello fellow gamers.

can anyone recommend a good arcade stick for SNK fighters and arcade shmups?

Got my eye on the Mayflash F500 Elite, Hori RAP 4 Kai and the NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro (via an adapter).

Any recommendations would be great. 1f44d-1f3fb.png

What's your budget?

HORI RAP is a good stick.  I own one myself.  I own a Qanba Drone, which is good considering its price.  I own maybe a dozen arcade sticks? 

Edited by grimydawg___
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

What's your budget?

HORI RAP is a good stick.  I own one myself.  I own a Qanba Drone, which is good considering its price.  I own maybe a dozen arcade sticks? 

I’m in the UK, £150 would be my max.

The cheapest of the three is the Hori Kai, then F500 Elite (Sanwa parts) and the NeoGeo being most expensive.

I personally recommend the Hori arcade stick, I got the Hori real arcade pro 4 with the Tekken 7 artwork for £120. You can always customize the stick and buttons if you so wish, but I don't see the need to at the moment. I've only had it a few months, but as someone who's from the arcade era, it feels like the real arcade experience, except it don't cost 10p to play. The only difference is whether you want it to play ps4 & ps3 or upgrade to the Hori kai with the PC, ps3 & ps4 switch. I don't think you can go wrong with the Hori, for price and durability. I only had it a short time and I love the feel of it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ninjagirl657 said:

I personally recommend the Hori arcade stick, I got the Hori real arcade pro 4 with the Tekken 7 artwork for £120. You can always customize the stick and buttons if you so wish, but I don't see the need to at the moment. I've only had it a few months, but as someone who's from the arcade era, it feels like the real arcade experience, except it don't cost 10p to play. The only difference is whether you want it to play ps4 & ps3 or upgrade to the Hori kai with the PC, ps3 & ps4 switch. I don't think you can go wrong with the Hori, for price and durability. I only had it a short time and I love the feel of it.

The days of paying 10p in the arcade, I remember those days.

Think I’ll get a Kai and an adapter for my Switch (Mayflash make good ones).  Thanks for the recommendation.

• Like 1