Lost all of my save data (what games should I play)

navidramhormuzi

Hi, since I lost all of my PS4 save files that I've gathered for like 6 years (including a mad max save file, where I had completed the online scrap challenges, but hadn't gotten the now unobtainable trophy, because I was saving it for later), then I wanted to ask you guys where I should start as you can see there are a lot of games that I've played, but never really finished, and I'm gonna have to start over nontheless. Please, take a look at my games, and help me create a list / backlog, so I can do all of them as quick as possible.

It really sucks that I had to lose all of my save files because of system corruption that happened a couple of days ago when turning on my playstation, but I guess that's life, and it is my own fault for not manually backing the data up to the cloud; let that be a lesson. 

I mean, honestly, the easiest way is to either:

1. Play whatever you feel like playing and finish them one by one.

2. Play from A-Z or Z-A

3. Play from oldest to newest purchased or newest to oldest

4. Play from highest percentage to lowest percentage or from lowest to highest

5. Prioritise online trophies/games first?

Choose a path.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 3

Not sure if this is the best course of action but in my opinion I'd start with the games where you had the most trophies on.
Based on your percentage rating, Spider-Man and GoT seem to be the ones that have the least amount of trophies left before Platinum.
Work on those first.
Otherwise, pick the games that are most likely to end their online lifespan soon. The Mad Max one should make you painfully aware of not being conscience enough of the time span of your backlog.

6 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I mean, honestly, the easiest way is to either:

1. Play whatever you feel like playing and finish them one by one.

2. Play from A-Z or Z-A

3. Play from oldest to newest purchased or newest to oldest

4. Play from highest percentage to lowest percentage or from lowest to highest

5. Prioritise online trophies/games first?

Choose a path.

I mean, honestly, you could just erase the fourth one for the ps4 trophies, since it doesnt matter which percentage I'm at at the current state. There is really no game that I really want to play at the moment, and I have no idea where to see a list of oldest / newest purchased games. The only "path" I, myself, feel valid is the 5th, so I'll take that into consideration thanks. 

4 minutes ago, gojira4life89 said:

Not sure if this is the best course of action but in my opinion I'd start with the games where you had the most trophies on.
Based on your percentage rating, Spider-Man and GoT seem to be the ones that have the least amount of trophies left before Platinum.
Work on those first.
Otherwise, pick the games that are most likely to end their online lifespan soon. The Mad Max one should make you painfully aware of not being conscience enough of the time span of your backlog.

I had finished the online challenges for Mad Max, but my PS4's system ended up going into a safe mode loop, which corrupted my save file, since I didn't back it up to the cloud, which is my own fault, so it has nothing to do with me not being aware of the time span of my backlog??? 

I got the plat in Spider-man and GoT, but cant be bothered to 100% the trophylist, since I literally have to start the games all over again, complete them once again, then unlock new game + and then complete them again, which totally sucks. 

I lost all of my savefiles for my PS4, if it wasn't clear enough out from the title of the post..., so the percentage doesn't really matter? Or am I getting something wrong. 

Edited by navidramhormuzi
EDIT 1

Do the old games with online trophies first, since you don't know when they'll become unobtainable.

Battlefield 4
Battlefield Hardline
Tom Clancy's The Division
Titanfall 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Sniper Elite 3
Mortal Kombat X

After that, go for some of the shorter games.

Life is Strange
Infamous Second Son
Until Dawn
Bound
Foul Play
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered
Destroy All Humans!
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Far Cry Primal
Minecraft: Story Mode
Stories: The Path of Destinies

Then, the longer games.

Bloodborne
Yakuza Kiwami
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Mafia III
Judgement
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Watch Dogs 2
Red Dead Redemption 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

21 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

Hi, since I lost all of my PS4 save files that I've gathered for like 6 years (including a mad max save file, where I had completed the online scrap challenges, but hadn't gotten the now unobtainable trophy, because I was saving it for later), then I wanted to ask you guys where I should start as you can see there are a lot of games that I've played, but never really finished, and I'm gonna have to start over nontheless. Please, take a look at my games, and help me create a list / backlog, so I can do all of them as quick as possible.

It really sucks that I had to lose all of my save files because of system corruption that happened a couple of days ago when turning on my playstation, but I guess that's life, and it is my own fault for not manually backing the data up to the cloud; let that be a lesson. 

Sorry to hear man, the EXACT same thing happened to me 3 TIMES!!! over the course of 2 months, but the weird thing is, it only ever happened after i saved my mad max files. i think it was actually mad max that cause my ps4 to go into safe mode every time i turned it on. But i thankfully got it fixed and platinumed mad max and all has been good since then.

I definitely think you should play some games you might have been brushing off for a while and get them out of the way. then focus on the thing you really like to play. it worked for me, but i still have an ass load of backlog. :)

10 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

I mean, honestly, you could just erase the fourth one for the ps4 trophies, since it doesnt matter which percentage I'm at at the current state. There is really no game that I really want to play at the moment, and I have no idea where to see a list of oldest / newest purchased games. The only "path" I, myself, feel valid is the 5th, so I'll take that into consideration thanks. 

Oldest to newest via your PS library unless you buy everything physical.

Even when people on the forum try to help you make a list, you wont live up to it. Eventually, you’re going to do your own thing. I’m not trying to be bad but threads like these are pointless as you wont follow someone else’s list or recommendation anyway.

1 minute ago, LoveInHell said:

Oldest to newest via your PS library unless you buy everything physical.

Even when people on the forum try to help you make a list, you wont live up to it. Eventually, you’re going to do your own thing. I’m not trying to be bad but threads like these are pointless as you wont follow someone else’s list or recommendation anyway.

I mean, the main reason why I made this post is because I wanted to which games that I nearly had finished (in terms of trophies) that I'll still be able to finish quick (not having to do countless of playthroughs) if you know what I mean. For instance, Heavy Rain I had nearly completed that game, but now I have to start over again, and I think I'll be able to complete it quick, since I already did all the stuff on my old save file, and the only thing I need is a different ending, and some missable trophies?

CDKeys sells 12 months of Plus for around $30 pretty much year round. Might be worth the less than $3/mo to back up those saves to the cloud from now on. 

I’d suggest just picking one game you had the most fun with and start there. The rest can wait until you either finish that one or get bored with it. 

8 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

CDKeys sells 12 months of Plus for around $30 pretty much year round. Might be worth the less than $3/mo to back up those saves to the cloud from now on. 

I’d suggest just picking one game you had the most fun with and start there. The rest can wait until you either finish that one or get bored with it. 

I have had PS plus on the PS4 since King's quest was announced, but my autosave to the cloud  was not turned on for some odd reason :'(

Edited by navidramhormuzi

52 minutes ago, navidramhormuzi said:

I had finished the online challenges for Mad Max, but my PS4's system ended up going into a safe mode loop, which corrupted my save file, since I didn't back it up to the cloud, which is my own fault, so it has nothing to do with me not being aware of the time span of my backlog??? 

I got the plat in Spider-man and GoT, but cant be bothered to 100% the trophylist, since I literally have to start the games all over again, complete them once again, then unlock new game + and then complete them again, which totally sucks. 

I lost all of my savefiles for my PS4, if it wasn't clear enough out from the title of the post..., so the percentage doesn't really matter? Or am I getting something wrong. 

What I mean is to start with the games that have the least amount of trophies left to finish (thus those with the highest percentage of completion) because you don't have to focus attention during gameplay on trophies you already have.
That way you can move on to games that have more trophies left to unlock.

As for the timespan comment, you kept the game unplatinum'd for now when you thought it was safe to move on to another game because you had finished the one challenge that had a limited time.
I know the issue this time was a freak accident but what I meant was that it's important to keep a closer eye on the games in your backlog that might have a limited timespan before servers close.
I made the mistake in not starting Battleborn sooner and had to scramble to finish it... and even now I'm short 3 DLC trophies for the 100% and it's impossible to get them in time.
Imo it's better to finish a game you started that has a limited timespan for one or more trophies before the time limit expires. That way you avoid anything going wrong. I finished playing Mad Max before the time limit to ensure that nothing goes wrong before it was too late. I had once lost my entire progress on a game with online trophies because someone pulled the plug on my PS4 during cloud saving and had to start all over again. I was told I only had a little time left to get the rest of the trophies before the servers would close, so I finished not just the online trophies but ALL of them to be sure.
Call me needlessly overcautious but I think it's better to finish a game with a limited timespan ASAP.

I also make a habit of saving to the cloud every time I quit the game. Unless you already do this, I suggest you make a habit of this as well. 

Edited by gojira4life89

8 hours ago, gojira4life89 said:

What I mean is to start with the games that have the least amount of trophies left to finish (thus those with the highest percentage of completion) because you don't have to focus attention during gameplay on trophies you already have.
That way you can move on to games that have more trophies left to unlock.

As for the timespan comment, you kept the game unplatinum'd for now when you thought it was safe to move on to another game because you had finished the one challenge that had a limited time.
I know the issue this time was a freak accident but what I meant was that it's important to keep a closer eye on the games in your backlog that might have a limited timespan before servers close.
I made the mistake in not starting Battleborn sooner and had to scramble to finish it... and even now I'm short 3 DLC trophies for the 100% and it's impossible to get them in time.
Imo it's better to finish a game you started that has a limited timespan for one or more trophies before the time limit expires. That way you avoid anything going wrong. I finished playing Mad Max before the time limit to ensure that nothing goes wrong before it was too late. I had once lost my entire progress on a game with online trophies because someone pulled the plug on my PS4 during cloud saving and had to start all over again. I was told I only had a little time left to get the rest of the trophies before the servers would close, so I finished not just the online trophies but ALL of them to be sure.
Call me needlessly overcautious but I think it's better to finish a game with a limited timespan ASAP.

I also make a habit of saving to the cloud every time I quit the game. Unless you already do this, I suggest you make a habit of this as well. 

Thanks for the reply, it makes more sense now. And yes, I will make it a habit to save data to the cloud. Thanks.