Will they ever listen to players and implement cross-save?

YonahFuriae

There's, almost every single day, a post on Reddit from PS4 users asking about this, do you guys think that will be of any help to make them listen eventually? Or is there any other move or channels the players should use for this purpose?

I think it's pretty unfair we're locked on PSN on a game like this, where you need to spend energy everyday, make dailies, etc. Personally I've never missed a login and daily stuff, but you need to be really aware of how much time you have before the energy might cap, and if currently there isn't any events or much to do in the game, I'd rather use the tablet that starting the PS4 to use my energy quick, not to talk about the loading times when playing with PC users, or the possibility of seeing this beautiful game on PC with a much superior playing experience when there's many things going on in the screen such as spam of skills both from players and enemies at the same time.

There's as many reasons to get the freedom from cross-save as different users. I personally would still play most of the time on PS4, and I'm still hoping they expand the trophy list with each Archon-related zone, being the first to release after launch Inazuma, but I don't feel comfortable having this kind of game locked on a home device. I also think it would benefit Sony, since people who started the game on PS would probably be just like me, and take advantage of that freedom for energy and stuff, but mainly play here, but it would also bring people who started on Android/PC who might want the trophies or whatever.

• Like 3

To me it just sucks without it because Gacha's almost always require a reroll. And by doing this hard locked alot of players into their rolls. (And while the main free characters fulfill the element requirements for the most part they are utter shit compared to even other gacha units) Not to mention it's annoying can't even pursue the trophies in other versions because of the whole locked PSN account.

But I'm sure before this game was released there was talk of Mihoyo accounts being used for the PS4 version eventually too.

I'd be great if they somehow managed to add this. I really don't play much on my smartphone but having cross-save functionality will really benefit this game. And considering how Genshin plays, well, that would work wonders when you need to log in quickly to do your daily commissions, spend resin, and farm any quick material you may need on that day. It's much quicker to do that on a phone, considering how slow and cumbersome the game can be on PS4. Don't get me wrong, I love playing on a big screen on my PS4, but a few things could use some optimization and gamers would surely love to get a quality of life improvement like that.

I think it depends mostly on Sony's policies, though, because the game does support cross-save in all other devices other than PS4.

As for channels to get in contact with them and MiHoYo listening to the people, well, I can't say much because I don't really use social media much but my impression is that they're fairly in touch with gamers on different platforms and that they at least try to implement some of the things people want. Thing is, people want a lot of stuff (I know I do, as well), and there's only so much they can do on any given update. The latest Developer Discussion entry on their website showed them addressing a number of key points from players, but this point in particular (PS4 cross-save functionality) wasn't touched upon. I wouldn't say they're deliberately ignoring it but rater attending other stuff at the moment. They do have the PS4 platform on their sights, though, as they at least managed to considerably improve the loading times on it after version 1.2. It probably wasn't that huge of an improvement to some but I really appreciated it.

• Like 1

I highly doubt this will happen. Sony does allow cross-saves on their platform. However, if your game makes over a certain amount on ALL platforms, you must pay Sony 15% of all revenue made on the other platforms as 'compensation' for the 'missed' sales on Sony. It sucks and this is often why these kinds of micro transaction-based games don't cross-save/cross-progression.
This is also the case with bigger games like Rainbow Six Siege. It knows your accounts are linked but doesn't allow cross-save/cross-progression.

• Like 2

Seeing that we would than have to connect to a Mihoyo account, and you hear about them getting hacked (the accounts not Mihoyo themselves) I think we might be safer for now on only PlayStation.

If this issue is gone it would be great to have cross save tho

• Like 2