Assassin’s Creed: Best Game, Worst Mechanic!

SanguinousRex

What is one of your favorite AC games which also has one of the worst mechanics that you ABSOLUTELY HATED.  I’ll start:

Assassin’s Creed 3.  Loved this game - time period, theme, etc. loved Conner, loved Haytham more lol - But the Homestead?  Oh my GOD so broken, even today!  I have Platinumed each AC as I play them (just finished Unity) and it took me DAYS to get the Homestead Trophy in 3 due to numerous bugs, etc.  

I spent days and reloads watching everyone and trying to “spot” what they’re doing, watching You Tube videos, and pulling my hair out.  Jesus, it was horrible ESPECIALLY since it was the last Trophy I needed to Plat. 

My kind of topic xD 

So, I'd say that the thing that pissed me off the most was the full sync completion in all AC games. The idea was good but let's pick AC3. Remember that mission where you had to destroy 2 Men o War under a time limit? Or defeat them via weak point explosion? Or killing those fkin wolves when going for Captain Kidd's Treasure without getting damaged? OH OR CHASING CHARLES LEE WITHOUT LOSING MORE THAN 50 M FROM HIM GOD THAT ONE WAS ASS IN THE ORIGINAL AC3.

But let's say those are manageable. By far the worst mechanic(s) that I absolutely ended up despising in a beloved game was in AC Odyssey : The levelling system. Everything scales with you, you never are too powerful, you rarely can fully assassinate unless you do an assassin build. And the best part - bump into a soldier, boom wanted rank increased by one HOOOOOOONK you get hunted by teleporting mercenaries. I swear those mercenaries were the bane of my existence in that game (and in that huge ass game you bet I didn't silently assassinate every single stupid soldier camp or quarry). Mercenaries were awful.

I'd say the DLC mechanics in AC Revelations was beyond ass and probably the worst aspect of any AC game, but...I didn't quite like that game to begin with :D .

• Like 1

Big toss up between Black Flag and Origins.

Worst of each? Black Flag had those diving collectables which I hated, they were just so goddamn awkward yet awesome at the same time, there's also the public events which could be a pain in the ass at times.

Origins worst mechanic for me was the retarded horse mounts, sometimes it wouldn't be anywhere near me or just fail to spawn at all, but that's almost like every game that has mounts too..