Does HK/JPN versions have English subtitles?

ARIXANDRE

24 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Hi,

Im going through the whole series and I wanted to pick up Kiwami, 0 and 6 from HK or JPN.

Are there English subtitles in those versions? 

Thanks

I know that there are english HK physical discs of Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and 6. Think I've seen 0 as well, should be readily available as digital in that case, but don't quote me on that since I don't buy digital. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I know that there are english HK physical discs of Kiwami, Kiwami 2 and 6. Think I've seen 0 as well, should be readily available as digital in that case, but don't quote me on that since I don't buy digital. 

Im going digital, with prepaid cards for HK.

Curiously, the HK PSN Store sell the Chinese and Japanese versions of the games, making it more confusing about the presence of English subtitles.

Thanks for replying. I'll dig further.

No.

There are English Asia discs of Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and 6, but those are just US versions in disguise - same content, just labeled differently. So even if you're able to track them down, you wouldn't get another trophy list out of them. The digital releases only contain the language they're advertised with (either Japanese or Chinese), and those are the only ones that will give you a new trophy list (same goes for the physical releases with either Japanese or Chinese sub, of course).

It's pretty easy to figure out with Yakuza 6. The western version was released in April 2018 in Europe and North America, yet there are people who earned the platinum in early March - that's because the English Asia version, which was released a month earlier, uses the same trophy list as the western release.

Edited by Suminya
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Suminya said:

No.

There are English Asia discs of Kiwami 1, Kiwami 2 and 6, but those are just US versions in disguise - same content, just labeled differently. So even if you're able to track them down, you wouldn't get another trophy list out of them. The digital releases only contain the language they're advertised with (either Japanese or Chinese), and those are the only ones that will give you a new trophy list (same goes for the physical releases with either Japanese or Chinese sub, of course).

It's pretty easy to figure out with Yakuza 6. The western version was released in April 2018 in Europe and North America, yet there are people who earned the platinum in early March - that's because the English Asia version, which was released a month earlier, uses the same trophy list as the western release.

Thanks, Suminya.

I downloaded the chinese demo of 0 and Kiwami 2 and can confirm they don't have English subtitles.

I'll evaluate if I'll get them anyway. 

Take care.