Are all 4 letter PSN usernames taken?

Zygonian

Im trying to make a 4 letter on ps4 but when I search a account in the friends search thing, I see no profile so I go change my Online ID and it says its unavailable. I think the're blacklisted or something because usernames like Z00J, QM2F, J8FS, arent taken, I think I can get a 4 letter in 2021 because someone made a 4 letter in 2019 called Mnrq. Give me a 4 letter Sony

31 minutes ago, omnx-supak said:

I could be completely wrong, so don't take my word. 

But I think I read somewhere that banned accounts ID's are lost forever. 

Again, I could be talking out of my ass. 

I think you can view banned account's, I dont know what you mean by banned accounts ID's but when you search up one of those 4 letters, it won't find any account or if you type it in the google search bar, like https://my.playstation.com/profile/Z00J it will give you a message saying "Opps! This probably isn't what you're looking for..." I know there's that reserve system where it reserves your username for 24 hours but I don't think that the problem. Sony blacklisted 4 letters wow

33 minutes ago, omnx-supak said:

I could be completely wrong, so don't take my word. 

But I think I read somewhere that banned accounts ID's are lost forever. 

Again, I could be talking out of my ass. 

I have yet to see a service that this isn't the case for.  Privacy settings could also have an effect.  Also if I recall right with the username changes, the previous username is still held and cannot be used by another and would not exist as far as the system was concerned.

Is there a reason you want a four letter name? 

Four letter/number combinations result in about 1.6 million possible combinations, I can’t think of a logical reason that Sony would allow them at one point, but then black list the rest later. 

Maybe you haven’t hit on a combination that’s available. As said above, if someone had a four letter name from years ago and did a name change, you would not see a result and that name would be reserved permanently in the future. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Is there a reason you want a four letter name? 

Four letter/number combinations result in about 1.6 million possible combinations, I can’t think of a logical reason that Sony would allow them at one point, but then black list the rest later. 

Maybe you haven’t hit on a combination that’s available. As said above, if someone had a four letter name from years ago and did a name change, you would not see a result and that name would be reserved permanently in the future. 

I want a four letter name because I just like 4 letters and want one and they're rare and stuff

As @DaivRulessaid, there are over 1.6 million combinations, just with letters and numbers. You throw in hyphens and underscores, it goes to over 2 million. 

No one here is going to know if they are all taken or available. It could be that they've all been used at some point but the only way you're going to know is checking each one in the slim hope you'll find a free one. That could take 5 minutes or it could take forever.

Up to you as to whether you'd want to spend your time doing that but, personally, to get a 4 letter name that is likely going to look more like someone smashed the keyboard, it ain't worth it in the slightest.

12 hours ago, Jeffboy265 said:

I think in my 12 years on the PSN i never saw a ‚4 letter‘ PSN name.

Isn‘t there a limit of like 6 letters you have to put into your name or something?

One of the Cheater Removers here has a 4 letter user PSN name: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

If you try to create a PSN account right now, it'll display message that a username requires a minimum of 3 characters and must start with a letter.