Oracle trophy unlock is only slightly glitched

If you manage to beat the game without dying to any of the three bosses like I did, the oracle trophy itself might not unlock at the end of chapter 10 for you despite meeting the other requirements of beating the other 9 chapters and not dying against any of the bosses. When I loaded it up into the first stage, the trophy popped for me there thankfully right at the beginning.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2021 at 1:22 PM, KyonKuchiki said:

If you manage to beat the game without dying to any of the three bosses like I did, the oracle trophy itself might not unlock at the end of chapter 10 for you despite meeting the other requirements of beating the other 9 chapters and not dying against any of the bosses. When I loaded it up into the first stage, the trophy popped for me there thankfully right at the beginning.

Kyon, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the hardest, what number would you give the Oracle trophy? Is it something you can save spam, e.g., finish a level, quit to XMB, back up save to USB or PSN Cloud, and continue from last checkpoint? How many playthroughs did it take you to 100% the game? How many hours? The first Unearthing Mars looks simple, but this one, because of the Oracle/no death run trophy, raises a lot of questions. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort. It looks alright for a B-grade VR game, but I don't want to have to replay the entire game ten times or more trying to complete Oracle. Thanks, man.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:58 AM, poetic_justice_ said:

Kyon, on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the hardest, what number would you give the Oracle trophy? Is it something you can save spam, e.g., finish a level, quit to XMB, back up save to USB or PSN Cloud, and continue from last checkpoint? How many playthroughs did it take you to 100% the game? How many hours? The first Unearthing Mars looks simple, but this one, because of the Oracle/no death run trophy, raises a lot of questions. I'm wondering if it's worth the effort. It looks alright for a B-grade VR game, but I don't want to have to replay the entire game ten times or more trying to complete Oracle. Thanks, man.

I would say it's a 6. You can select into the boss levels individually, but the last boss's pattern definitely has some RNG to it that makes it frustrating. It's only the bosses you have to not get hit against. It took me about 3-4 hours to get, and only one playthrough since you can level select after that.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For clarification, the Oracle trophy doesn't require passing the stages without losing connection. It only requires passing the 3 bosses without losing connection. And those can be redone from the stage select screen, so it doesn't matter if you don't get them the first time. You can also lose connection in the Harbinger stage before reaching the battle with the Harbinger. For the trophy, it only counts not dying during the boss battle itself. This means that the only difficult part for trophy completion in this game is not dying against the final boss. Also, like Kyon mentioned, you have to start another stage again for the final trophy to pop up, after you completed all the others, including the final boss one.

I had fun with this game using the aim controller. Highly recommended! :)

• Like 4

• 11 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 8:48 AM, ValkerianCreator said:

For clarification, the Oracle trophy doesn't require passing the stages without losing connection. It only requires passing the 3 bosses without losing connection. And those can be redone from the stage select screen, so it doesn't matter if you don't get them the first time. You can also lose connection in the Harbinger stage before reaching the battle with the Harbinger. For the trophy, it only counts not dying during the boss battle itself. This means that the only difficult part for trophy completion in this game is not dying against the final boss. Also, like Kyon mentioned, you have to start another stage again for the final trophy to pop up, after you completed all the others, including the final boss one.

I had fun with this game using the aim controller. Highly recommended! :)

I'm glad you mentioned the Aim controller, I never would have tried it if you hadn't mentioned it. Was not bad using the AIM, but still, not a great game.

2 hours ago, BritTwit said:

I'm glad you mentioned the Aim controller, I never would have tried it if you hadn't mentioned it. Was not bad using the AIM, but still, not a great game.

I didn't like the ending and half of the characters (and their dialogue) in the game are terrible. However, I did enjoy the gameplay with the aim controller very much (even with forced teleportation for movement). It felt action-packed and enjoyable. Also, Black Sword is still my most enjoyed boss battle in all the VR games I have seen up to now. I would go as far as saying that Unearthing Mars 2 is worth playing just for the 2 boss encounters with Black Sword. However, it is true that it is terrible if you want to review it based on the characters, the dialogues, and the story alone. The dialogues and story look like something you can find on a fanfiction site done by a fan who is not a professional storyteller. Basically, in the story department it is just as bad as the first Unearthing Mars, but in the gameplay and the bosses it got way better than the 1st game (which is the one that is truly terrible; if you don't like UM2 and didn't try the 1st Unearthing Mars before, don't bother trying it).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2023 at 3:09 PM, ValkerianCreator said:

I didn't like the ending and half of the characters (and their dialogue) in the game are terrible. However, I did enjoy the gameplay with the aim controller very much (even with forced teleportation for movement). It felt action-packed and enjoyable. Also, Black Sword is still my most enjoyed boss battle in all the VR games I have seen up to now. I would go as far as saying that Unearthing Mars 2 is worth playing just for the 2 boss encounters with Black Sword. However, it is true that it is terrible if you want to review it based on the characters, the dialogues, and the story alone. The dialogues and story look like something you can find on a fanfiction site done by a fan who is not a professional storyteller. Basically, in the story department it is just as bad as the first Unearthing Mars, but in the gameplay and the bosses it got way better than the 1st game (which is the one that is truly terrible; if you don't like UM2 and didn't try the 1st Unearthing Mars before, don't bother trying it).

I definitely agree with your assessment. The gameplay in this one, especially with the Aim controller makes it worth playing. I had a lot of fun with Black Sword. But if you're looking for Shakespeare, or decent voice acting... look elsewhere. And other than some context to the lackluster narrative, the first game can be entirely skipped.

• Like 1