PSA: don't be like me: make back up saves

Damn that sucks :( You are giving me flashbacks to my Assassin's Creed Rogue run on PS3. There was a full power cut in my house and when I got my PS3 back up and running the sudden outage had somehow corrupted all my local saves.

I second your good advice there to always back stuff up. If you decide to go for that last trophy, good luck!

Oh damn yeah, isn't the Hasselhoff mask kinda expensive too? Means you can't purely bum-rush through the story. At least the game's relatively short.

On 12/02/2021 at 5:31 PM, HuntingFever said:

Making frequent backups should be common sense for all games, not just this one, since you never know when a game is going to bug out or something will otherwise screw you out of a trophy.

I agree completely. I just never got a habit for it, and thankfully most of the games take care of that for me. Also, for some reason this particular game didn't automatically make save backup to ps+ cloud storage. 

With the way trophies are made for this game, and the fact that the game doesn't create session start checkpoint (like fallout 4 for example), I would put this game in 'easy to do something that will cost you a full playthrough' category;)

Edited by depresso-cat
Grammar fix

On 12/02/2021 at 5:23 PM, ChunkyKong64 said:

Oh damn yeah, isn't the Hasselhoff mask kinda expensive too? Means you can't purely bum-rush through the story. At least the game's relatively short.

Yeah, it's 275$, so quite expensive. I didn't go for all trophies in single playthrough, because I didn't feel like grinding ~100$ that I was short for the nose. So I made the save before starting clyde battle, finished the game, collected few missing collectibles I was missing, and... saved progress over the only save game I had - the one before final battle. Funny enough I realised I f**ked up (is it allowed to cuss here?) The moment I confirmed I am sure I want to over write save file.

I heard the voice in my head saying:

It Was At This Moment He Knew... He F***ed Up

:)

I'm a bit OCD about completing games, so I'll go for it in the near future. And you are right, it's a short game if you don't waste time on side missions, or watching cut scenes. And I am missing very easy trophy (Will try to do a speed run;)) having to replay it all because of some lost missable collectible would have been crushing!

Edited by depresso-cat
Fixed grammar

10 minutes ago, depresso-cat said:

Yeah, it's 275$, so quite expensive. I didn't go for all trophies in single playthrough, because I didn't feel like grinding ~100$ that I was short for the nose. So I made the save before starting clyde battle, finished the game, collected few missing collectibles I was missing, and... saved progress over the only save game I had - the one before final battle. Funny enough I realised I f**ked up (is it allowed to cuss here?) The moment I confirmed I am sure I want to over write save file.

I heard the voice in my head saying:

It Was At This Moment He Knew... He F***ed Up

:)

I'm a bit OCD about completing games, so I'll go for it in the near future. And you are right, it's a short game if you don't waste time on side missions, or watching cut scenes. And I am missing very easy trophy (Will try to do a speed run;)) having to replay it all because of some lost missable collective would have been crushing!

I vaguely remember doing the same thing but I can't remember for what trophy in that game, but had to play it again anyway. And yeah, the collectables can glitch apparently so feel lucky haha.

• 1 year later...
On 02/09/2022 at 1:27 AM, Lord_Vortrex said:

I missed one friend and have to replay the entire game for the John Lenon trophy, but I just can't bring myself to sit through another 100% playthrough.

Uh, that's a tough one. For me it ended up easier than I thought - it sure is a short game if you don't have to bother with collectible, etc. It's been a while now, but I think I rushed through the game in one few hour session. Also completing couple games in between helped me to get in the mood to start this game again. Perhaps try that as well, if you are bothered about incomplete games like I am;)