Trophy Thoughts?

GarbledFlask54

I don't mind the show (though Future I'm not as a big a fan of). But the way some of the descriptions with the trophies are worded, it sounds like it might play a bit differently than the previous game.

I think it's been out for Android and IOS already, but I could be wrong.

But it seems that it's the same playable characters from last time but now plus Lapis.

Hopefully it wont be as bad as the previous game was at launch with soft locking and glitched stuff.

8 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I think it's been out for Android and IOS already, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, it's been on the apple arcade catalogue since 2019 but was never released for android.

8 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

But the way some of the descriptions with the trophies are worded, it sounds like it might play a bit differently than the previous game.

From what I've seen, the gameplay is pretty much the same except for some tweaks to the combat.

Played this via mobile. Pretty straightforward, easier than the previous game. One gripe about Save the Light is there really wasn't any recourse for players who pushed forward too fast without proper leveling. This one is idiot proofed on that front, you can always go back and the game actively tries to force you to a minimal level needed for each section. I believe Cookie Cat Recall is the only one technically missable. I say technical because I don't remember if you can redo scripted battle stages.

On 20/02/2021 at 2:53 AM, Jelly Soup said:

I believe Cookie Cat Recall is the only one technically missable. I say technical because I don't remember if you can redo scripted battle stages.

Sadly, to my knowledge of playing through the game, you can’t redo boss battles, so I guess I’ll have to replay the game again. Got to the end only to see I missed ‘Risky Bismuth’, but I’m not sure how I missed it. If anyone’s knows please reply as I’m clueless on how I missed this, even though I thought it was story-based :/

1 hour ago, ShawrySkillz said:

Sadly, to my knowledge of playing through the game, you can’t redo boss battles, so I guess I’ll have to replay the game again. Got to the end only to see I missed ‘Risky Bismuth’, but I’m not sure how I missed it. If anyone’s knows please reply as I’m clueless on how I missed this, even though I thought it was story-based :/

I believe what it wants you to do is, during the Demantoid fight, not let anyone in the party take damage outside of Bismuth using her tank abilities.

Remember that this was a mobile game first, your best rewards come from blowing time grinding out levels. Same with Cookie Cat Recall, really, the easiest way to handle it is to spend time overleveling and then make good use of abilities.

21 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

I believe what it wants you to do is, during the Demantoid fight, not let anyone in the party take damage outside of Bismuth using her tank abilities.

Remember that this was a mobile game first, your best rewards come from blowing time grinding out levels. Same with Cookie Cat Recall, really, the easiest way to handle it is to spend time overleveling and then make good use of abilities.

After doing some research, I found out what I needed to do, and what made me dislike going for the plat a little bit, but got it in the end.

When given the choice to save Bismuth or get the cube, you need to choose Bismuth twice. This gets you ‘Risky Bismuth’, and you lose the box, but get a badge early that is actually very good halfway through the game.

If you choose the box, you’ll get ‘The Box that Rocks’, however Bismuth will get shattered and you can’t use her for a little while, until a story event triggers and she comes back.

If you want both in “One run”, go for the Bismuth route, then once the trophy pops, immediately close down the game, and if you’re quick enough, the save won’t trigger and you can do the boss fight again, then choose the box to get both trophies.

Hope this helps any other people going for the trophy!

5 hours ago, ShawrySkillz said:

After doing some research, I found out what I needed to do, and what made me dislike going for the plat a little bit, but got it in the end.

When given the choice to save Bismuth or get the cube, you need to choose Bismuth twice. This gets you ‘Risky Bismuth’, and you lose the box, but get a badge early that is actually very good halfway through the game.

If you choose the box, you’ll get ‘The Box that Rocks’, however Bismuth will get shattered and you can’t use her for a little while, until a story event triggers and she comes back.

If you want both in “One run”, go for the Bismuth route, then once the trophy pops, immediately close down the game, and if you’re quick enough, the save won’t trigger and you can do the boss fight again, then choose the box to get both trophies.

Hope this helps any other people going for the trophy!

Awesome, thanks for that.

If I may suggest for getting both in one run, before starting the section for this:

1. Close game.

2. Back up save to cloud storage.

3. Turn automatic backup off for the game, so it doesn't get saved over.

4. Do fight, pick one option, unlock trophy.

5. Close game, redownload save from cloud, play game for other option.

Anyone have any good methods of leveling all characters? I know you get about 20 free level up items throughout the game. I wish there was a way I could just buy the rest from a shop since I have about 9000 of the currency that I'll never use ?

*Edit* So in hindsight it wasn't too bad. Took about 3 hours. I just ran fights along the final couple of corridors from the top warp pad in the palace. I used exactly 3 level up idols on each character Other than Steven since he's always in the party and will hit 30 naturally by being around through everyone else's leveling process. I used 3 per character so I only had to get everybody to level 27. Not too bad overall.

Edited by DarkSeraphim666

• 1 month later...

So it's no longer required to use a trick to get both trophies in one run from the Demantoid fight. Newest patch adds in the ability to redo that fight specifically so you can get the other trophy (they even note that as the reason in the patch notes, very nice of them to make this change.) Also, PSNProfiles hasn't updated it yet, but there are new trophies for the game, in a challenge mode chapter called Black Hole. Additionally, Connie & Lion have been added as characters and this supposedly makes the game vastly easier because of how they work. I haven't tried it myself yet, though, so I'm going off what other people have said.

I wonder if the new level has things you need to collect to 100% the game, or if the 100% trophy is still only for the main game. As I'm sure some other games have done it where new levels are required for 100% if you own them (at least, it feels like games have done that sort of thing).

But I am curious on how much easier the game can be with Connie & Lion. I'm guessing because of both Connie's sword and Lion's abilities... maybe Lion is a bit op or something?

Welp I died during a CBF run on normal and just a heads up, it resets all of your progress upon a full team wipe. I wasn't aware it did the roguelike bit. I wish it stated that somewhere Beforehand. I would've just been backing up my save to not lose progress in that case.

Edited by DarkSeraphim666