Time Trials Beginner

51 minutes ago, Peneuvista said:

Do you recommend to change into D Pad control? And to master U Turn and Airbraking before you start 'the real deal'? I have 9/32 in N Tropy and... it is hard to see the light.

I personally find the D-Pad to be the better option; Air Braking needs to be executed pretty quickly, so already having your thumb on the right area makes it a lot easier. ? 
When it comes to Air Braking during a jump, you need to let go of X, and then hold square whilst holding down and either left or right, and then going back to accelerating before you hit the ground to keep the momentum. I THINK it's possible with the left stick, but I imagine it'd be a lot less precise, so just stick with the ol' reliable D-Pad. 

As for doing the Oxide times, you don't need to worry about Air Braking since Oxide does make mistakes. It's really only essential for the Velo and Dev times who don't lose their flames, and rather just make minor mistakes or none at all. However, those aren't necessary for the platinum trophy and are completely optional. There are a couple tracks with particularly tight turns however (ones that come to mind at the top of my head are Turbo Track, Hot Air Skyway, and a specific shortcut on Electron Avenue). 

When you start Oxide, I recommend beginning with Coco Park and Inferno Island as those are the easiest tracks in the game and will give you a feel of how Oxide performs. Most importantly, don't give up! You can do it! ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

Thanks, I ll start the transition to D Pad. I ask this because I have watched too many videos and, while the info is really useful, sometimes I thought it was not clear enough about how to do or what you gain.

I ll change my mind when I start to beat Oxide in some places, for sure.

You don't need air breaking to beat Oxide but you will certainly need to train your muscle memory to perform perfect boosts. Focus on that and you will start improving quickly.

And I switched from analog stick to D-Pad and it was easier for me personally.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten the platinum, and it was too much easy than I thought. I guess that the main point here is too learn the mechanics that the game doesnt tell you about, because in the first contact you can see it as "nearly impossible", when it is not at all. Even the hardest time trial would give you no more than an hour of "torture".

I didnt change to D Pad, I tried it, but it is not neccesary at all, just check for routes from videoguides.