100% completion starting to feel like a chore

SketchyBogan-

On 3/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

This^

Also, as soon as you start letting those thoughts actually dictate your playing habits, you no longer have a 'completionist' profile - you have a 'cherry-picked' profile.

Personally, I believe there is far more honour and gratification in a 90% complete 'completionist' profile, where you play anything you like the look of, regardless of difficulty / obtainability, and try your darnedest to complete as much as you can; than in a meticulously cultivated 100% profile, made up of only cherry-picked games you know you can finish.

There is nobility in taking on a challenge and failing. 

There is none is simply avoiding challenge.

Exactly my thoughts, also been thinking like that for some years now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 0:46 PM, D-E-U-S-X said:

How do you detect vegans? They will tell you!

How do you detect people with a SMB Plat? They will tell you!

To stay on topic here an example of completionist profiles.

My profile https://psnprofiles.com/D-E-U-S-X full of easy non challenging cherry-picked games.:facepalm:

A true hardcore elite completionist https://psnprofiles.com/In_Extrem Don't look to long otherwise the celestial shining will damage your eyes!:yay:

Play what you want as long as you want and as extensively as you want.

Rarest trophy at 68% ? but hey, he knows what he wants.

That's an impressive profile you've got! Do you pick the games you play though? Meaning you'll pick ones that can't ever be impossible to plat (for any reasons, glitchs, servers possibly closing etc)

Or you're getting new games being confident you'll finish them before running into any trouble (or maybe testing them on another account?) Actually curious.

For my part, I already know it won't ever be 100% (old abandoned ps3 games - before I actually got into trophy hunting) as well as innumerable DLCs ( looking at you Tomb Raider - feels bad to have the Plat and yet be at less than 50%....)

On 16.3.2021 at 1:54 PM, Rejim said:

Rarest trophy at 68% 1f605.png but hey, he knows what he wants.

That's an impressive profile you've got! Do you pick the games you play though? Meaning you'll pick ones that can't ever be impossible to plat (for any reasons, glitchs, servers possibly closing etc)

Or you're getting new games being confident you'll finish them before running into any trouble (or maybe testing them on another account?) Actually curious.

For my part, I already know it won't ever be 100% (old abandoned ps3 games - before I actually got into trophy hunting) as well as innumerable DLCs ( looking at you Tomb Raider - feels bad to have the Plat and yet be at less than 50%....)

Before I start a game I have to be absolutely sure that all trophies( base game and dlc) are obtaiable. I almost never play recently published games. Better save than sorry and  nothing is left to chance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

Before I start a game I have to be absolutely sure that all trophies( base game and dlc) are obtaiable. I almost never play recently published games. Better save than sorry and  nothing is left to chance. 

Ahh I see, true, would make sense on the new games. Well, good luck out there