Question about PS4 games on PS5 if already upgraded them.

Sylvanticore

Hello there.

First off I want to say I'm sorry if this has been answered some where, I did look around but I couldn't find the actual answer I was seeking, if it is on here and I am basically blind then I'm sorry, I currently am in the process of paying off my Playstation 5, the store I am buying it from allows you to pay for your items over the course of 12 weeks and I'm currently £200 away from getting it.. I also planned on trading in my PS4 Pro towards it once I was low enough but that leaves me with a question.

Foolishly I instantly upgraded games via the PS store on some of the games I own so that when I have a PS5 I will have that version ready but now I'm wondering if it is still possible to be able to play the PS4 version instead of the PS5 version even if you upgraded, (I want to point out that this is mostly a question because of trophies and if I am unable to get the PS4 trophies then I would be keeping my PS4 until such a time as they are completed).

8 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Hello there.

First off I want to say I'm sorry if this has been answered some where, I did look around but I couldn't find the actual answer I was seeking, if it is on here and I am basically blind then I'm sorry, I currently am in the process of paying off my Playstation 5, the store I am buying it from allows you to pay for your items over the course of 12 weeks and I'm currently £200 away from getting it.. I also planned on trading in my PS4 Pro towards it once I was low enough but that leaves me with a question.

Foolishly I instantly upgraded games via the PS store on some of the games I own so that when I have a PS5 I will have that version ready but now I'm wondering if it is still possible to be able to play the PS4 version instead of the PS5 version even if you upgraded, (I want to point out that this is mostly a question because of trophies and if I am unable to get the PS4 trophies then I would be keeping my PS4 until such a time as they are completed).

Yes you can, just choose it from the options menu for that game (I haven't got a PS5 so don't know the correct term for this menu) :).

• Like 1

If you downloaded both versions, then yes. On the game tile, you will see the option to "Play Game" and next to it, there's "3 little dots option" button and there you can switch to the other version as the game default on the tile will be whatever version you last played. 

• Like 3