I will survive trophy walkthrough. Solo no death normal run.

• 8 months later...

I still have to do this... been stuck since Jan 2011 more than a decade ago! LOL  Your video might just be the sparkplug I need... I can't do a clean Sewer run - hate 'my toes... my toes!'

On the sewer surfing 3rd stage you can just stay at the very top of the stage while surfing to avoid the spikes. You only have to jump by 1 at the top for every group of spikes thats shows up. Easier to manage enemies if you just stay around one part of the stage. It can also help you get the Toe be or not Toe be trophy a lot easier too.

Oh okay I'll try this!  Thanks!  Funny thing is I got Toe Be or Not Toe Be before.... must have forgotten about this semi-safe corner.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, nooitzben said:

Just need good practice and you'll get it. Surprisingly I didn't have too much problem getting this in one try with some practice earlier on easier difficulties.

I plan to master the individual levels before moving on to the next level and know everything about them like the back of my hand. I'd be chuffed to bits if I finally get to 100% this game!  Thanks for the advice!

14 hours ago, Eispan said:

I plan to master the individual levels before moving on to the next level and know everything about them like the back of my hand. I'd be chuffed to bits if I finally get to 100% this game!  Thanks for the advice!

Its not really necessary to master all the levels. A lot of it is just basic staying a live and trying not to take too much damage. Just know the boss patterns and know where enemies show up on the stage and their behaviors. Also don't get surrounded and use special skill to help with crowd control. Jumping away from situations when you are surrounded helps too. Be sure to use Leonardo since he has a good ranged weapon and overall best turtle to do this trophy.

Edited by nooitzben
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

@nooitzben hey man thanks for the video walkhrough which I have been referring to ever since I started playing the game again.  The beauty of it just shows that even having missteps is fine for as long as we keep at it until the end, it does not have to be perfect.  Kind of encouraging to keep going on... so thanks for this. 

Your freeze ray shortcut is a lifesaver as it is so eazy to get held back in this section and get stuck especially with stone brutes and red foot soldiers (shuriken) waiting for us on the other side.

So chuffed to bits that this game is finally complete - after 12.25 years! So thanks again!

... super krangbot’s missiles taking down all of my health at the boss battle...

... also getting killed by either the turrets in that space station or the flame throwing rock men.

... any suggestions including best turtles, guides, methods, etc...

@VoidVictorious I see you already had completed the game three years ago.  So I will just sharing my thoughts on the Qs for any new player to refer to.  It would be great to know how your methods were as well.  You finished it in just 3+ days, that is amazing man!

Super Krangbot is probably the easiest of all the bosses.  We just have to make sure to take in an HP pizza before facing him, which are much easier to get compared to Sewer Surfing as I usually miss out on those.  Krangbot is simply a 1-2-3 hit (if brave enough up to five) then immediately move to the side.  Even with the rockets which the boss aims at your last location after making the hits. 

The turrets at the Space Station must be dealt with a dash - HOLD :square:, a special attack :triangle: or a slide attack - HOLD :triangle: as soon as they appear.  So it is best to reveal areas gradually by slowly moving forward until a few enemies spawn... then deal with them first before taking out the turrets.  After doing that quickly take out the Yellow Foot Soldiers that throw disc-o-rangs as these ones can take out a block of health when hit. Dispatch them with a special attack :triangle:.

Same goes with the flame throwing rockers, when they appear I take them out first with two special attacks :triangle:.and one slash attack :square:.  The key here is to not rush forward but literally tip-toe to spawn the enemies by batches.  They are much easier taken out this way and prevents getting overwhelmed.  Scene 7 and Scene 8 are a bit cheap and would require at least 75% health before meeting the level's boss, with the HP pizza top ups still left untouched... especially with Scene 8 Krang who can be very unpredictable with its bubble and slam attacks.  Jumping out of the way sometimes works but there seems to be input lag when pressing :cross:... and end up getting squashed.

Best turtle in my opinion is Leonardo.  I tried Donatello because he supposedly has a longer reach of all the turtles but seems to be slower than Leo. I do not think there is really a best written guide for I Will Survive as this trophy will solely depend on an individual playstyle. It would be more difficult threading on someone else's shadow... BUT Ben's featured video in the OP can be very helpful as a visual guide.  Folks may also find a thing or two when it comes to shortcuts and new methods while watching it.  It also helps to show us what to expect ahead in the level before we proceed any further.  Just pause the game, watch the video and apply what we can while playing in our own method or playstyle.

Edited by Eispan
shadown to shadow...

On 7/8/2022 at 0:20 PM, Eispan said:

@nooitzben hey man thanks for the video walkhrough which I have been referring to ever since I started playing the game again.  The beauty of it just shows that even having missteps is fine for as long as we keep at it until the end, it does not have to be perfect.  Kind of encouraging to keep going on... so thanks for this. 

Your freeze ray shortcut is a lifesaver as it is so eazy to get held back in this section and get stuck especially with stone brutes and red foot soldiers (shuriken) waiting for us on the other side.

So chuffed to bits that this game is finally complete - after 12.25 years! So thanks again!

@VoidVictorious I see you already had completed the game three years ago.  So I will just sharing my thoughts on the Qs for any new player to refer to.  It would be great to know how your methods were as well.  You finished it in just 3+ days, that is amazing man!

Super Krangbot is probably the easiest of all the bosses.  We just have to make sure to take in an HP pizza before facing him, which are much easier to get compared to Sewer Surfing as I usually miss out on those.  Krangbot is simply a 1-2-3 hit (if brave enough up to five) then immediately move to the side.  Even with the rockets which the boss aims at your last location after making the hits. 

The turrets at the Space Station must be dealt with a dash - HOLD :square:, a special attack :triangle: or a slide attack - HOLD :triangle: as soon as they appear.  So it is best to reveal areas gradually by slowly moving forward until a few enemies spawn... then deal with them first before taking out the turrets.  After doing that quickly take out the Yellow Foot Soldiers that throw disc-o-rangs as these ones can take out a block of health when hit. Dispatch them with a special attack :triangle:.

Same goes with the flame throwing rockers, when they appear I take them out first with two special attacks :triangle:.and one slash attack :square:.  The key here is to not rush forward but literally tip-toe to spawn the enemies by batches.  They are much easier taken out this way and prevents getting overwhelmed.  Scene 7 and Scene 8 are a bit cheap and would require at least 75% health before meeting the level's boss, with the HP pizza top ups still left untouched... especially with Scene 8 Krang who can be very unpredictable with its bubble and slam attacks.  Jumping out of the way sometimes works but there seems to be input lag when pressing :cross:... and end up getting squashed.

Best turtle in my opinion is Leonardo.  I tried Donatello because he supposedly has a longer reach of all the turtles but seems to be slower than Leo. I do not think there is really a best written guide for I Will Survive as this trophy will solely depend on an individual playstyle. It would be more difficult threading on someone else's shadown... BUT Ben's featured video in the OP can be very helpful as a visual guide.  Folks may also find a thing or two when it comes to shortcuts and new methods while watching it.  It also helps to show us what to expect ahead in the level before we proceed any further.  Just pause the game, watch the video and apply what we can while playing in our own method or playstyle.

Thanks for mentioning me in your post! I loved the original and I always found faster attacks worked better than ranged attacks. I also never let the enemies knock me forward because these games spawn more enemies the further you move up. I primarily took my time and stepped away when I needed to do so, but this game is great! Congrats!

• Like 1