Cross save in this game is awesome

You

I have the Japanese cartridge version of this on Vita and was very surprised to find out that I was able to upload the save to the cloud and then download and use it on my UK digital PS4 HD version.

I wasn't even aware cross save between region versions was supported in any game.

Certainly has not been possible on other games that I have.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Desavenencia said:

And does the cross save feature allow you to unlock all the trophies at once? I just saw a player on the leaderboards who completed 100% of the game in just 46 seconds here.

@enaysoft @darkjjda I’m curious…

I doubt the cross-save would trigger auto-pops since PS3/Vita/PS4 shares the same list, so if you already got the plat on the PS3 or Vita, then you can't pop any trophies on the PS4. Although, in theory, if you 100% the PS3 version offline then import the save to PS4 without syncing the trophies. I can't exactly confirm if this method is even possible.

I guess there's nothing stopping you playing the game on Vita completely offline and never syncing and then uploading your save to the cloud on PS4 (since trophy syncing on Vita is manual) and then said person could format their Vita memory card.

That's likely hacked since I can't imagine anymore playing it on Vita and then not getting the latest update.

Still, it's entirely possible though...

Edited by enaysoft

41 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

I doubt the cross-save would trigger auto-pops since PS3/Vita/PS4 shares the same list, so if you already got the plat on the PS3 or Vita, then you can't pop any trophies on the PS4. Although, in theory, if you 100% the PS3 version offline then import the save to PS4 without syncing the trophies. I can't exactly confirm if this method is even possible.

28 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I guess there's nothing stopping you playing the game on Vita completely offline and never syncing and then uploading your save to the cloud on PS4 (since trophy syncing on Vita is manual) and then said person could format their Vita memory card.

That's likely hacked since I can't imagine anymore playing it on Vita and then not getting the latest update.

Still, it's entirely possible though...

Ah, I hadn't thought about that… Thanks for your replies. Let's see if someone can solve the doubt for us. For now, looking at the profile of that user, he appears to be a stinky cheater. Complete all his games in a matter of very few seconds. I don't understand the point of doing that... What happened to the part where you enjoy video games?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desavenencia said:

Ah, I hadn't thought about that… Thanks for your replies. Let's see if someone can solve the doubt for us. For now, looking at the profile of that user, he appears to be a stinky cheater. Complete all his games in a matter of very few seconds. I don't understand the point of doing that... What happened to the part where you enjoy video games?

Games usually have a trophy checker function that ONLY kicks in when you do something, it varies from game to game. Like if you import a save, all trophies might pop when you boot the game up, or they might all pop at once you finish a level (if said game has something like finish 5 levels, finish 10 levels etc) or some stuff might pop only when you go into a menu of collectibles.

I find it highly unlikely all the trophies would pop in 45 seconds, having said that, it probably would take about 45 seconds to pop all of them if they popped when you booted the game, so it's slightly less suspicious if they were all popped in the same second.

But yeah, regardless of evidence or theory, you have to ask yourself why would you go to the effort of importing after a cloud save? In other words likely it is hacked.

It's a great game to play online and crossplay between ALL three systems and the online is stable and the game is great. Why would you want to play a grindy multiplayer game offline all by yourself? (Especially since the game is arguably more difficult)

Even then even if you did just want to play offline on your game, the trophies would regularly get synced.

Edited by enaysoft