Physical copy?

Hi, the PS3 version is not very common but at least I have it, bit VITA and PS4 versions I have never seen them physical. In amazon it is listed in $300. Why is this trilogy so expensive? Why Naughty Dog did not print copies of it? Or is this a common game in your cities? Because in mine I have never seen them 

As far as I know these three games are separate in a Collectors Edition, maybe that's the reason for being so expensive. Damn it.

I don't think any of it is to do with Naughty Dog. They developed the original games and that's it.

The PS3 version was ported by Mass Media Games. That was sold at a reasonable price but it's 9 years old now so it's harder to get and that's why it's a bit more expensive.

The Vita version was also by them and that was for a console that was a flop and it wasn't a good port apparently so they didn't make as many copies as the PS3 version so the prices are high for the few copies that are out there.

The PS4 version came was released digitally and then Limited Run Games made physical copies of them 4 games a few years later. Limited Run Games only make a limited number of their games. The games they release are digital only games so they make their physical copies as a collectible item for people that really want it and they get bought up soon after they're released

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2.04.2021 at 1:21 AM, HMS_Victor said:

I don't think any of it is to do with Naughty Dog. They developed the original games and that's it.

The PS3 version was ported by Mass Media Games. That was sold at a reasonable price but it's 9 years old now so it's harder to get and that's why it's a bit more expensive.

The Vita version was also by them and that was for a console that was a flop and it wasn't a good port apparently so they didn't make as many copies as the PS3 version so the prices are high for the few copies that are out there.

The PS4 version came was released digitally and then Limited Run Games made physical copies of them 4 games a few years later. Limited Run Games only make a limited number of their games. The games they release are digital only games so they make their physical copies as a collectible item for people that really want it and they get bought up soon after they're released

And I think it is worth to mention about physical Jak IV that you can obtain If you get all Jak physical copy games that were released on PS4. Of course this Jak IV is without disc, it's just a blu ray box with concept art etc. Nice thing to have as a fan of this game series.

As already mentioned, the Jak games were produced physically by LimitedRunGames and as the company name suggests, they only produce a limited amount of copies with the Jak games being only a few thousand I believe which is why they are very rare and expensive to purchase on the market. I myself have the PS4 versions digitally but also the disc versions as collectible items. I bought these when they were roughly retail price at around £40 each but now because they are very rare and hard to come by, they will be more expensive