Physical Copy - Do I get both PS4 and PS5 versions?

DeclioDukes

4 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

Finished the plat on ps5 but when the ps4 version has a lock symbol for me.  Would I only have gotten both version if I purchased digitally? (ps4 to ps5 upgrade).

Anyone with the ps5 disc version able to play both games?

Only the PS4 disc version offers both.  PS5 disc version is just the PS5 version, no PS4 downgrade option.  The only physical disc game I've seen that gives the downgraded version so far was Hitman 3.  It's been upgrades from the PS4 versions otherwise.

Digital it should say in the description, but typically they tend to give both versions.

Edited by Snake2410

Only the PS4 disc version offers both.  PS5 disc version is just the PS5 version, no PS4 downgrade option.  The only physical disc game I've seen that gives the downgraded version so far was Hitman 3.  It's been upgrades from the PS4 versions otherwise.

Ubisoft games go either way.

I really wish the conversation of downgrading physical PS5 games to PS4 games was more prevalent a few months ago. I wouldn't have bought Miles Morales on PS5 if I knew then what I know now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Gotta love the logic here. Buy the PS4 version and get the PS5 version free, or pay $10 more you can have just the PS5 version with the option to purchase the PS4 version at full price at a later date. Tough choice.

I've yet to see any PS4 game that include the free upgrade have a more expensive PS5 version though.  The only PS5 games that have been $70 from my experiences were only on PS5, with no PS4 version available.  PS5 games that have a PS4 version have all been $60.

Miles Morales Ultimate Edition is $70 because it includes the remaster of Spider-Man, regular PS5 version is $50 just like on PS4.  

Edited by Snake2410

• 3 weeks later...