Toro Lets party, this version has english subs?

It's been a decade since this game was new but the pic you posted with the Japanese ratings label is probably in Japanese. The English version looks like this:

Tik3RqT.jpg

Now I'm wondering if the Japanese boxed copy comes under this stack or the other one. It's a bit too much thought for a game like this which features a lot of motion controls that make the experience pretty unpleasant imo. Language wise, there's not a ton of text and the story was pretty minimal so it wouldn't be the end of the world playing in Japanese, but that English version wasn't terribly expensive last time I checked. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

It's been a decade since this game was new but the pic you posted with the Japanese ratings label is probably in Japanese. The English version looks like this:

Tik3RqT.jpg

Now I'm wondering if the Japanese boxed copy comes under this stack or the other one. It's a bit too much thought for a game like this which features a lot of motion controls that make the experience pretty unpleasant imo. Language wise, there's not a ton of text and the story was pretty minimal so it wouldn't be the end of the world playing in Japanese, but that English version wasn't terribly expensive last time I checked. 

Thank you so much for reply , i wasnt expecting responde but thanks, i order the game and it cost me like 105 dollars but its okay i love that cat, i hate that sony doesnt make him famous enough..

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Two years late but I'd like to clarify some things since there's almost no information on this game sadly.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:42 PM, Drag-On-Detritus said:

It's been a decade since this game was new but the pic you posted with the Japanese ratings label is probably in Japanese.

Yes, the Japanese physical copy is in Japanese by default, and unless if I'm missing something you can't change it, unlike the Chinese version.

Now I'm wondering if the Japanese boxed copy comes under this stack or the other one.

I can confirm (since I own the Japanese physical copy) that it does load the other trophy list, which is why I'm currently looking for the Chinese version (along with being able to play in English, even if there isn't much of a story). Speaking of looking for the Chinese copy...

but that English version wasn't terribly expensive last time I checked. 

How did you find yours? I only seem to be able to find cheap copies on Hong Kong or Taiwan websites which require phone numbers for the country that the website is based in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, harleybee said:

Two years late but I'd like to clarify some things since there's almost no information on this game sadly.

Yes, the Japanese physical copy is in Japanese by default, and unless if I'm missing something you can't change it, unlike the Chinese version.

I can confirm (since I own the Japanese physical copy) that it does load the other trophy list, which is why I'm currently looking for the Chinese version (along with being able to play in English, even if there isn't much of a story). Speaking of looking for the Chinese copy...

How did you find yours? I only seem to be able to find cheap copies on Hong Kong or Taiwan websites which require phone numbers for the country that the website is based in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175326577596

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145016149307

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, harleybee said:

I got my copy in 2009 from yesasia or playasia for 40-60 bucks. I'd import just about anything that was exclusive and even mildly interesting looking & that policy continues today. Sorry I know that doesn't help. At least the scalping on this game isn't as bad as Afrika & Aquanauts. I paid 40 for Aquanauts but the version of Afrika I imported initially had no trophies & didn't care much for trophies when the NA version came out so when there came a time when I really wanted that Afrika platinum I had to wait it out & get a 'cheap' 2nd hand copy of the NA Afrika for 'only' $100. No regrets there, loved that game. 

Thanks for posting the info about the JPN version of Toro btw. It's never too late for information about obscure games & 1 year is a great timeframe for that imo. Timely even. It made me happy to read, I really love seeing stuff like this so thank you & best of luck finding an affordable copy of the Asian region Toro!

15 hours ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

I got my copy in 2009 from yesasia or playasia for 40-60 bucks.

Damn that sucks, so I guess there's really no way to get a cheap copy today unless if you live in Hong Kong or Taiwan :( Decided to just take the hit today though and bought a copy for over $200 so this better be the best PS3 game I've ever played lol