On a scale of 1 to 10, how hard is this?

PatinumNumemon

I am planning on buying this and all DLC before the store closure, but due to an insanely low completion percentage, I am hesitant. Does anyone have experience, or knowledge they can pass down?

EDIT: the PS3 store did not close (obviously), so I thought it would be a good idea to include this edit.

Edited by PatinumNumemon

I've played these tables through my experiences with Zen Pinball 2.  Which isn't 100% analogous here, but offers up enough of a similar experience that I'd feel comfortable relating the two:  Marvel Pinball gives you more trophies per table; Zen Pinball gives you more tables to work with.

If your goal is 100% trophy completion, it's a difficult task.  Very difficult.  Pinball is one of those games that's a healthy amount of raw talent and planning/intelligence combined with a little luck with sound twitch reflexes added for leavening.  The physical attributes (skills and reflexes) is one of those things that either you have or you don't.  Then you have to learn the particulars of each table in turn.  Then you have to figure out just what it is you have to do to trigger each trophy condition.  (If you do a little digging around the interwebs, you can find some really good, really detailed guides for each table.)  And for ones that are a little more involved, such as beating specific modes on a table or even the Wizard Mode on a table, you have to roll all that together and not have things like unfortunate bounces leading to inopportune ball drains.

If you glance through my profile, I've been working on ZP2 in fits and starts for eight years and I'm still nearly 20 trophies from full 100% completion.  Which is a good enough overall performance to have me well up this website's Zen Pinball 2 Trophy Leaderboard for PS3.  But I'm still struggling with several tables and I frequently put this title aside for long periods of time out of despair and aggravation.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Most people on Playstationtrophies.org have rated it between 8 and 10. https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/forum/884-marvel-pinball/

I've not played it but I'd imagine it's pretty tough.

Oh... yeah, after reading a lot of that in that forum it is safe to say this game is unfortunately not for me ?I'm not scared of tough games but man that is a lot!

16 hours ago, acasser said:

I've played these tables through my experiences with Zen Pinball 2.  Which isn't 100% analogous here, but offers up enough of a similar experience that I'd feel comfortable relating the two:  Marvel Pinball gives you more trophies per table; Zen Pinball gives you more tables to work with.

If your goal is 100% trophy completion, it's a difficult task.  Very difficult.  Pinball is one of those games that's a healthy amount of raw talent and planning/intelligence combined with a little luck with sound twitch reflexes added for leavening.  The physical attributes (skills and reflexes) is one of those things that either you have or you don't.  Then you have to learn the particulars of each table in turn.  Then you have to figure out just what it is you have to do to trigger each trophy condition.  (If you do a little digging around the interwebs, you can find some really good, really detailed guides for each table.)  And for ones that are a little more involved, such as beating specific modes on a table or even the Wizard Mode on a table, you have to roll all that together and not have things like unfortunate bounces leading to inopportune ball drains.

If you glance through my profile, I've been working on ZP2 in fits and starts for eight years and I'm still nearly 20 trophies from full 100% completion.  Which is a good enough overall performance to have me well up this website's Zen Pinball 2 Trophy Leaderboard for PS3.  But I'm still struggling with several tables and I frequently put this title aside for long periods of time out of despair and aggravation.

Since both games are made by the same company, I'd throw them in the same category. Mad respect for being so high on the trophy leaderboard for PS3 Zen Pinball 2!! You'll get that 100% eventually ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 1:51 AM, JoesusHCrust said:

Most people on Playstationtrophies.org have rated it between 8 and 10. https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/forum/884-marvel-pinball/

I've not played it but I'd imagine it's pretty tough.

If you check trophy cards, most of the people who have 100% voted 10/10. People who don't have even 75% of the trophies are rating it 8. smh

I've spent hours trying to get the "easy" trophies and only reached 26%. I wish I had never played this game on my main account. 10/10.

• Like 1