Freezing - Barrels out of Bond

glassphantom123

My game always freezes during the Barrels out of Bond level meaning I am unable to progress further in the game and work towards the platinum. However, I have noticed people are still getting the platinum so I wanted to ask - how are people getting around this freezing issue? From looking online I see it is a common problem so I know it is not my PS3 acting up. Many thanks

• 3 months later...

From my experience with Lego games it really depends on where the freeze is occurring.  I am playing through this now and had no freeze issues in that level.

I would ask is it occurring in normal play or during a cutscene?  If it's a cutscene then the disc is bad and you need to order a new one.  I've tried cleaning discs that do this and it never works.  I actually returned this game once through Amazon as it was freezing during the Rivendell cutscene.  Not even to do with that level in question it was between levels when they were discussing the fellowship of the ring.

I'm near platinum now after a long ass grind of quests.  Get a new disc and try that.  

If it's happening during normal play,  I noticed in Lego LoTR that it was occurring in one stage in 1 spot after 2 freezes I just avoided that spot as it was just studs and nothing critical and the game has continued to work.  So if it's normal play avoid that location if you can or area on the field.   If it's cutscene get a new disc.

• 2 months later...
On 23-4-2021 at 2:25 PM, glassphantom123 said:

My game always freezes during the Barrels out of Bond level meaning I am unable to progress further in the game and work towards the platinum. However, I have noticed people are still getting the platinum so I wanted to ask - how are people getting around this freezing issue? From looking online I see it is a common problem so I know it is not my PS3 acting up. Many thanks

Have the same problem with this level

Did you fix it?

On 1-8-2021 at 6:29 AM, LegendExeter said:

From my experience with Lego games it really depends on where the freeze is occurring.  I am playing through this now and had no freeze issues in that level.

I would ask is it occurring in normal play or during a cutscene?  If it's a cutscene then the disc is bad and you need to order a new one.  I've tried cleaning discs that do this and it never works.  I actually returned this game once through Amazon as it was freezing during the Rivendell cutscene.  Not even to do with that level in question it was between levels when they were discussing the fellowship of the ring.

I'm near platinum now after a long ass grind of quests.  Get a new disc and try that.  

If it's happening during normal play,  I noticed in Lego LoTR that it was occurring in one stage in 1 spot after 2 freezes I just avoided that spot as it was just studs and nothing critical and the game has continued to work.  So if it's normal play avoid that location if you can or area on the field.   If it's cutscene get a new disc.

You 100% sure another disc is the solution?

Dont want spend money if its doesn't fix the problem.

The game freezes in the cutscene and in the level in different occasions. So not always at the same time..

Cant get through this level because of the freezes.

I played patched and unpatched, connected and disconnected of the internet , nothing works

12 minutes ago, Scar-Vince said:

You 100% sure another disc is the solution?

Dont want spend money if its doesn't fix the problem.

The game freezes in the cutscene and in the level in different occasions. So not always at the same time..

Cant get through this level because of the freezes.

I played patched and unpatched, connected and disconnected of the internet , nothing works

I can't be 100% sure, as I don't know the quality of your system or other variables.  However I'm highly confident it's the disc.  Unless that disc looks brand new when you turn it upside down.

I've had this happen twice now with Lego Games, one was with The Hobbit, and the other I would have to look at my trophy list on profile and see if I remember.  Yet when this happened to me I cleaned the disc with soap, water, dried thoroughly, disc was clean as hell.  Put it in a total of 3 times and it kept freezing the audio during a cutscene, and the game would never progress, bought a new disc, no problems at that cut scene proceeded to finish the rest of the game and trophies.

The only other issue I had with the new disc was a stage with Legolas, the dwarf, and human warrior (mind going blank) called Tracking Hobbits, and in the first part of the level the warrior is following the tracks of the hobbits as he has that ability, and each time it does a mini scene, not a full cutscene, and then they continue.  In the upper right corner of that first stage is 3 horses, and if you go near them they will get disturbed and start trying to run away, my game kept freezing when the horses tried to run away.  Since it had nothing to do with the story I just ignored that spot, and kept going on with the level and game and did not have another issue for the rest of the entire game.

24 minutes ago, Scar-Vince said:

Have the same problem with this level

Did you fix it?

There’s an unpatched bug that’ll completely ruin your game for this level. Unfortunately, no disk or digital copy will fix it you’ll have to start all the way over. If you’re having advancing because of no fish then this the same glitch. I had the game crash more than me playing gran turismo, so the only advice I can give is not play longer than 3/4 hours max I had to that.  

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

I can't be 100% sure, as I don't know the quality of your system or other variables.  However I'm highly confident it's the disc.  Unless that disc looks brand new when you turn it upside down.

I've had this happen twice now with Lego Games, one was with The Hobbit, and the other I would have to look at my trophy list on profile and see if I remember.  Yet when this happened to me I cleaned the disc with soap, water, dried thoroughly, disc was clean as hell.  Put it in a total of 3 times and it kept freezing the audio during a cutscene, and the game would never progress, bought a new disc, no problems at that cut scene proceeded to finish the rest of the game and trophies.

The only other issue I had with the new disc was a stage with Legolas, the dwarf, and human warrior (mind going blank) called Tracking Hobbits, and in the first part of the level the warrior is following the tracks of the hobbits as he has that ability, and each time it does a mini scene, not a full cutscene, and then they continue.  In the upper right corner of that first stage is 3 horses, and if you go near them they will get disturbed and start trying to run away, my game kept freezing when the horses tried to run away.  Since it had nothing to do with the story I just ignored that spot, and kept going on with the level and game and did not have another issue for the rest of the entire game.

I have the same problem with this cutscene at this level.

The narrrator is repeating him self over and over again until it freeze completely.

The disc itself is like brand new.

No damage or scratches to be seen.

I cleaned it as well..

Before this level I didn't have an crash in this game..

1 hour ago, ArabianSwordsman said:

There’s an unpatched bug that’ll completely ruin your game for this level. Unfortunately, no disk or digital copy will fix it you’ll have to start all the way over. If you’re having advancing because of no fish then this the same glitch. I had the game crash more than me playing gran turismo, so the only advice I can give is not play longer than 3/4 hours max I had to that.  

Im not at the Fish part yet, though.

So the best thing to do is start all the way over with or without the patch installed?

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, LegendExeter said:

It is definitely the disk of the game. My first copy was a used copy from Amazon and it had some light scratches on it that I didn’t think would be much of a problem. It played normally up until between levels 12-13 when it got stuck on the loading screen with the music stuck on a playback loop. Every time I restarted the game or console, the issue still remained there. I even started a new game and it didn’t stop the issue.

So after waiting a whole month, I decided to get a new and unused copy from Amazon… and it works! I was finally able to pass the story thanks to the new disc. And as an added bonus, my new copy came with 3 DLC packs (The Battle Pack and 2 character packs), all of which surprisingly worked even though the codes were said to expire back in 2019. Worth the $20 replacement imo. Aside from all that, I’m not seeing anymore issues as of right now ?.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I finally managed to get through the freezing! Came back to the game after a while and noticed it would always freeze in the same area. Once I reached this part I jut paused the game every few seconds and waited a few seconds and so on until I was past this section. After that everything was fine :) Maybe I can finally get this plat after all barring any other typical LEGO issues...