Thanks to the animal-loving community

CatHasTrophies

Anyone who says things like 'It's just a cat' or 'get a new one' when this happens is not worth the time of day on any capacity whatsoever. It says alot about them as people to be honest, none of it positive.

Sorry to hear that you lost him, it's just horrible when they go :( I lost one of my cats at the beginning of last year, I had to have her put down due to aggressive liver cancer. I couldn't bare the thought of it happening at the vets where she would be surrounded by loads of unfamiliar sounds and smells, so I had the vet come to my house instead. I still can't get the moment out of my head though and I still miss her daily. I know it was for the best, but I still feel terrible for it. 

I'm really glad you had folks to help you and support you through it. Also props to working within the Animal Rights space, the world could use more people like you I think.

• Like 3

My childhood dog, Lady, a German Shepherd-Collie mix, died when I was 11. She was 9. First death in the family I ever experienced. Just woke up one morning, went in the garage, and saw her lying there, mostly unresponsive. Got Dad, and he told her to get up, and with her last ounce of strength, she got up for him. Then I had to go to school. When I got home that afternoon, my parents and grandfather were in the garage waiting for me, and they told me she had passed. Unbearable sorrow overcame me. I still have her leash, over twenty years later. 

I miss her to this day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnowbellKitty said:

I'll always miss Snowbell, but I'm trying to be well, for him too. You should as well. One day, we'll all meet up again. This Earth can't just be it. I'm sure it isn't, it would be just too unfair.

Thank you for sharing your story and telling us about Snowbell!!

It's the third day for me now and different sad things happened within these days.

One of my best friends got a call from his longtime relationship partner and got told, that he wants to break up without a reason. Short time before the same guy talked about marriage and stuff, they lived together, everything was okay. Boom - future destroyed. Dreams destroyed. Heart broken.

I was really angry because of that and this anger just pushed my sorrow away. Even in times of sorroy, I always try to focus on the living ones, even if I cant stop thinking about the ones that are gone.

I am talking to my boy every day and every evening now, it helps me to find peace within this situation. His sister is searching for him the whole time, today I'll talk to my boss and ask him, if I can stay at home today and tomorrow afternoon, just to be with her in the first days of sadness. She really needs someone at home. She has never been alone in her whole life, so I want to spend more time with her for the rest of the week. I hope this helps.

I am a christian, but I lost my believe in god somewhere many years ago. Especially if I thought about priests, telling people that animals dont have a soul and are not allowed to go to heaven, I always got really angry. About 5 years ago, I was on a little event in my village and after some glasses of wine I talked to a priest who was there as a guest and told him that I am not interested in heaven, if there are no animals allowed. He then apologized to me and said: (i hope i translate it right)

"Sometimes I fell ashamed, if I hear things about some of my branch-collegues. As a priest, you are part of a system, like every other person who works on something and like in every other branch, there are some worker who are better and some who are worse. If I hear another priest say, that animals dont have a soul or are not allowed to go to heaven, I get angry too, because it's not what the holy scriptures told us. To be fair - the holy scriptures are not talking about animals at all. Fact is, that we have no idea what happens to animals, plants and other living forms when they leave this place. Some idiots only believe in what they see - and if the holy scripts dont mention animals, they just believe that they are not there. But they should know, that this is what faith is all about. Believing in things, even if you cant see it. Thats what the holy scriptures told us. And if you ask me personally - I do believe, that animals have a place in heaven. I believe, that everything that surrounds us, has a place in heaven. If god doesnt want animals in heaven - why did he create them, so many of them, in so many different colors and forms? I think he did this, because he loves them"

That was the first day after years of non-believing, where I smiled again, when I was thinking of god. I still have huge respect for this priest. He is amazing.

8 hours ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

I miss her to this day. 

Thank you for sharing the story about Lady. Especially for kids its very very hard to deal with something like that.

My mum told me, when I was a little girl at the age of 8 or 9, when my cat Snoopy died, I took a photo of him everyday before I had to go to bed, and showed it to the moon. She never understood, what brought me to that, and that she always had to go into another room then, because it made her so sad. I said something like the moon can do miracles sometimes, without crying. Two days later, a stray cat we've never seen before stood in front of our house. He was full of dirt and very hungry - he looked very similar to Snoopy. He stayed at our house for the next 20 years until he died because of his high age.

Children see things different. And sometimes it seems, that they have some kind of given knowledge, adults dont understand anymore.

I couldnt remember this. My mum just told me, after my boy passed away.

How could I forget something like that?

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I
  • Like 2