Does anyone plan on making a Trophy Guide?

OmegaRejectz

I've scoured the internet, and haven't really seen anything guide related to this game, does anyone have a guide in the works or are planning on making a guide? If you've platinumed or are nearing the platinum and don't like writing guides I'd love if you could leave some tips and whatnot about the game.

Thanks.

• Like 3

Some MAJOR tips I have is to save your resources; i.e. don't use all your lashing to make multiple of an item. Oherwise you will have to wait a few in game days for the resources to naturally replenish OR sail to another island for more resources until you get momentum.

Stranded Deep is a SURVIVAL/RESOURCE MANAGEMENT game, treat it like one. If you're thirsting, find water (coconut/water still). Hungry? Club a fish or a crab and skin them for small meat. If you don't need it at the moment, don't waste the resources. Set goals and have a plan.

If you are bitten or step on anything venomous/poisonous, craft an Antidote immediately or you will die in a day's time. Medical supplies are extremely important. Fall damage is real; craft a splint if needed. Poison/Venom is real; craft an antidote. Bleeding is real; craft bandages.

Understand the importance of crafting. Learn to use your survival watch. Dehydration and hunger can happen quick. The watch also shows your skill levels and health status.

Find wooden crates as they will help with storage capacity, especially when exploring islands and shipwrecks.

Create a basic shelter and campfire on each island from resources on the island. This will help you with sleep, saving, and the trophy requirements.

If aggressive animals are giving you trouble, turn on PASSIVE mode from the options menu. This will make the "Noahs Ark" inspired trophy more difficult until you turn NORMAL back on, but helps with surviving. (Everytime i leave an island my raft is immediately attacked by a hammerhead or tiger shark).

That's my experience so far! Feel free to subscribe! 

• Like 2

I am working on a Trophy Guide as I play through the game. If any have the platinum feel free to contribute!

After a bit of research i found the Compass and 2 of each trophy are kind of buggy. This will be noted in the guide if i ever finish ?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, daniezutton said:

I am working on a Trophy Guide as I play through the game. If any have the platinum feel free to contribute!

After a bit of research i found the Compass and 2 of each trophy are kind of buggy. This will be noted in the guide if i ever finish 1f602.png

there is a walkthrough on true achievements.com i haven't played the game, but i have read up on it, seems like there's a fair amount of rng, and you need really good enviromental awareness as a trophy requires a no compass run, so you have to use waypoints and islands/land masses to find out where you are and where you gotta go.

so a walthrough will only help so much, but it does include a guide for individual trophies throughout aswel.

Some tips that I've come across while looking for strategies online:

• You can drink/eat two whole coconuts in a row before getting sick, but if you wait 10 in-game minutes (using your watch) after that, you can eat/drink another whole coconut. Rinse and repeat 1 every 10 min.

• Yucca leaves can be added to the fire (in place of sticks) and the Water Still (in place of palm fronds)

• If you don't skin fish/animals, they won't spoil

• If you're having trouble finding items on the ground (like say fibrous leaves fell off the Yucca tree but you can't find them and you aren't sure if anymore are still on the ground), pin a crafting recipe that uses the item you're looking for and you'll see how many are nearby in the pinned recipe

• When your Refined Axe is low on durability, craft a Plank Station and then break it back down; you'll get a 100% durability Refined Axe back

• If you find a chest on a boat or something, don't open it until you get back to your shelter and save. The items are randomized when you open the chest, so if you don't like what you got, reload and try again

• When throwing a spear, the landing spot is where the end of your finger is, not the dot at the center of the screen

• When fighting sharks/bosses in the ocean, hug a wall/boat/buoy/etc or the ground. The shark's hit box won't allow it to attack you if you are within an inch of another larger object

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

there is a walkthrough on true achievements.com i haven't played the game, but i have read up on it, seems like there's a fair amount of rng, and you need really good enviromental awareness as a trophy requires a no compass run, so you have to use waypoints and islands/land masses to find out where you are and where you gotta go.

so a walthrough will only help so much, but it does include a guide for individual trophies throughout aswel.

Build a basic shelter with the top/rear of the shelter facing towards your main island. If you are island hopping without going back to the main island after each voyage, craft the shelter facing towards the island you came from.

This method has helped me find my way back to the main island.

Screenshot or take a photo of the Cartographer map to navigate easier and check off where you have been.

• Like 1

If aggressive animals are giving you trouble, turn on PASSIVE mode from the options menu. This will make the "Noahs Ark" inspired trophy more difficult until you turn NORMAL back on, but helps with surviving. (Everytime i leave an island my raft is immediately attacked by a hammerhead or tiger shark).

This ^^^^^

The damn sharks will troll you and knock your ship upside down over and over.  It's really dumb.

- Cartographer map is 5 x 5; 25 total islands to explore.

- 3 remnants to scavenge; 1 survivor remnant will have Wollie aka WILSON!

- My method was to find the world border and sail along the outer islands.

- At each island you can add on to your raft. Sea monsters spawn changes when the game is reloaded (main menu/dashboard)

- Island hopping is a great way to work towards "GONE GREEN" and "FISH ARE FRIENDS" (may be able to work towards "SEAFARER" during this time - unconfirmed)

Tested to see if you could sleep on the raft while the raft was on an island working towards "SEAFARER". Unfortunately that loophole did not work.

Edited by daniezutton
Correcting/Adding Information