RolandMate

Transfering save data from PS5 to PS4?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just want to ask if it is possible to use save files between PS5 and PS4. Yes, I know that if you run this game on PS5, you can use your PS4 saves, but I want to know if saves from PS5 can be used on PS4. I tried to upload saves to cloud on PS5, but I did not see them on PS4 when checking cloud storage. Are there some limitations? And yes, I know that I can use PS5 remote play on my PS4, but that is not an option for me right now. 

Posted (edited)

PS5 saves aren't recognised by the PS4 unless the game in question has a built-in cross-save cloud but even then, very few games support PS5 => PS4 save file transfer so you're outta luck if you didn't import your saves from the PS4.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Well, it looks like thats... Sony. I would understand in case that game has two versions - PS4 and PS5 (AC: Valhalla), that saves are not compatible. But the same game? Hmm.....

On 5/8/2021 at 6:04 PM, RolandMate said:

Hello everyone, I just want to ask if it is possible to use save files between PS5 and PS4. Yes, I know that if you run this game on PS5, you can use your PS4 saves, but I want to know if saves from PS5 can be used on PS4. I tried to upload saves to cloud on PS5, but I did not see them on PS4 when checking cloud storage. Are there some limitations? And yes, I know that I can use PS5 remote play on my PS4, but that is not an option for me right now. 

this is just a ps4 game runs on ps5 as backward compability so the saves works both way, just upload your HZD saves to PS+ cloud or just use USB

5 minutes ago, KillLaGil said:

this is just a ps4 game runs on ps5 as backward compability so the saves works both way, just upload your HZD saves to PS+ cloud or just use USB

The PS5 doesn't support save file transfer via USB.

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS5 doesn't support save file transfer via USB.

You can transfer PS4 saves. Just not PS5 saves.

21 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You can transfer PS4 saves. Just not PS5 saves.

Ugh, why did Sony have to make things so god damn messy?

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Ugh, why did Sony have to make things so god damn messy?

money i guess, so people need to buy ps+ to backup their ps5 game saves.