2 issues with automatic trophy videos and screenshots

HazyDie

I would say about 3 weeks ago I noticed that whenever I earn a trophy on my PS5 the automatic trophy video doesn’t immediately get added to my media library. The screenshot is there after a maximum of maybe half a minute, but the video usually appears 5 to 10 minutes after the trophy actually popped. Sometimes the time stamp of the video is even some minutes later than that of the screenshot.

So why does my PS5 need at least 5 minutes to add a trophy video to my media library when I earn one? Another thing I noticed is that the automatic trophy screenshot seems to be taken like a few seconds before the trophy pop notification appears, making it look weird sometimes.

Is this normal or should I do something else to resolve this? I don’t wanna wait 5 minutes for a video to appear, because sometimes a screenshot or video of a trophy is not at all saved. So I have some missing.

I don‘t remember my PS5 taking this long when I got it last year and I think these issues came with a recent software update.

Edited by HazyDie
Corrected an exaggeration and changed title to make it more clear that I have 2 issues.

After the big firmware we had mine wouldn't do a trophy video at all. i had to clear the cache and restore the system. It deletes all the previous videos and screenshots you have. I share a lot of mine to twitter also so I had to disconnect from twitter than reconnect. After all that I had to restart my PS5. Hope this helps.  

11 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

After the big firmware we had mine wouldn't do a trophy video at all. i had to clear the cache and restore the system. It deletes all the previous videos and screenshots you have. I share a lot of mine to twitter also so I had to disconnect from twitter than reconnect. After all that I had to restart my PS5. Hope this helps.  

I also thought of completely restoring my PS5 to manufacturer's settings, but I have an issue with my controller. I don't wanna create an extra side hustle that doesn't solve the problem, because I think it might be normal like @DesmaBR suggested.

In addition to automatic videos and screenshots I like to capture a lot of media myself while gaming. I have about 92 GB of just that, so I put it on an external USB drive and then I can back it up and view it with my computer. However, simple things like trimming videos is easier within PS5. So I would not lose any data if I completely restored my PS5, but if you have trophy videos (or any media) on an external USB drive you cannot copy them back to your PS5, which also don't like.

I might just hope for every trophy I earn that my PS5 will have that video and screenshot ready at some point. Maybe this will get fixed later on.

Edit (second reply):

The other issue I was briefly mentioning has to do with the trophy notification that shows up while playing a game but also in the trophy video. I discovered that the trophy notification in the trophy video is like 1 or 2 seconds too early. So in the video it kinda looks like I got the trophy just a moment before I actually fulfilled the requirement. And also the screenshot is taken like 1 or 2 seconds earlier, having the same effect.

I looked through some older trophy videos and screenshots and those don't have this issue. Is this normal too? To be honest some trophy videos look weird when the notification is just a moment too early.

Edited by HazyDie
Changed layout to make it look more structured.