Very weird problem with trophies on PS3

Smashero

So recently I did a few games on PS3: started "Frozen Synapse Prime", since the servers were going to be switched off and did "Spiderman: Edge of Time".
Everything went normal in regards to the trophies. Then decided to continue a title which I abandoned in 2012 "Castlevania: Lord of Shadows".

So first I went online and synced my PS3 just in case. That's how my trophy list looks while I am online.
fIO9UFS.jpg
JUEcTj7.jpg

So everything looks normal, 3 trophies which I gained years ago are there.

I logged out from PSN and continue to play (disc version), but I checked the trophy list again.

And that's how it looks like:

UU8bUyj.jpg

l508vEC.jpg

I still have 3% there, but the list is empty...

Console was previously formatted few times, so CLoS was never played on this one, so no trophies were saved locally, however the progress is somehow "remembered" on 3% (due to the sync), but without the list, which I can not understand. Since I started the game, the list shall appear right after (or after earning the 1st trophy in worst case scenario).

Anyway, I decided to play, since I knew that my next trophy will be one for completing chapter 2 (or first "again" for buying first combo, but I didn't get it, neither for completing chapter 1, so it seems that trophies "are there already", but simply not visible...).

I played while being offline all the time. After completing ch.2 trophy didn't pop.

But I entered the trophy list and this is what I see know...

CjCiSR8.jpg

xQ2O36W.jpg

iJA3vgt.jpg

O_o... I do not want to sync this, even if the trophy has the timestamp, I do not wanna continue to play, since I guess all the trophies will look similar.

I am thinking of deleting my profile on this PS3, make it again, start the CLoS from the scratch and even if I will regain those 3 trophies from 2012 again with 2021 timestamps they will be replaced by the old ones when I will finally sync the game, right?...

Spiderman and other visible games on screen are showing the trophies properly, since they were started from the scratch on this particular PS3.

Strange...

P.S. Started the game on another PS3 without previous syncing the trophy lists - game is showing 0% and all trophies as unearned so standard thing.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Press square.

I know what you mean, but that's not the case:

SsKX7sG.jpg

F79a8QR.jpg

I ran through my whole list again while offline. It seems that ALL my trophy lists from PS3 are now synced locally, BUT some of them have the trophies inside, some not (same message - there are no trophies, but the progress set to 100%). Seems that I have interrupted the syncing progress somehow too early, maybe due to the amount of the games...

Seems that I should leave it for few hours to sync completely FROM the server... But know with this strange one trophy I do not wanna risk.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Damn dude. This is a new issue I haven't seen. How'd you manage to break it?

I edited my post above - seems to be related to syncing itself.

Edited by Smashero

5 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Seems that I have interrupted the syncing progress somehow too early, maybe due to the amount of the games...

I hope it's just a temporary sync issue. The last thing we need is for y'all to crash PSN because it can't sync 50,000+ trophies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I hope it's just a temporary sync issue. The last thing we need is for y'all to crash PSN because it can't sync 50,000+ trophies.

It is definitely related to syncing: since on this PS3 there was just a few games "completed", so the trophies were earned on it actually, it took ages when, after getting online, the trophy lists started to finally appear on screen after the syncing bar first reached 100%. And they were appearing game by game, list by list. So now it seems I have all my games listed locally (while I am offline), but not all the trophies got "saved" from PSN to my PS3, since I simply went offline "too early". Ok, that seems to be the case.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

This might be a stretch but as last resort you could try to manually sync the Castlevania trophy list on a PS4 or PS5. My guess is that doing it that way you are forcing it to sync with the trophies, reading the whole list in the proccess

Not exactly sure how it shall later help with my play on PS3 :].

I think I figured it out: my fault that I focused on CLoS list after going offline, that I didn't even notice that the "old" games, which I didn't play on this PS3, already downloaded their lists. If I would see that some of them have the trophies visible, I would simply went back online and wait way much more to successfully download all the trophies.

Lesson learnt... I guess. 

I will simply erase this profile and redo it or play the whole game on another console. Just in case, since I have no idea what could happen if I would sync this one trophy.

Edited by Smashero

5 hours ago, oDRAGONSLAYER- said:

Go to recovery mode  for PS3 and rebuild your database.

That actually crossed my mind - simplest solutions shall be the best, huh? ;) - but quickly forgot about it when I got this "strange" trophy and started to write this topic:].

Will try anyway, just as an experiment, thanks for the advice :].

29% atm. Going pretty slow...

HF, it actually worked! :D And even synced properly!

BtMuQdD.jpg

THANKS x100 @oDRAGONSLAYER-!! ?

:]

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

I know your problem has already been solved (thankfully) but my advice is to avoid playing offline. I've had some strange problems like that, and they all involve games with some very old trophy, so that strange things don't happen again, avoid playing offline. another thing that can help is to sync any trophy won immediately, even if this process is boring and time consuming on ps3, i know. Cheers.

I got a similar issue. When I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I earned a trophy and decided to call it a night. The trophy notification popped but when I proceeded to sync my trophies, the trophy was still locked. I could see the notification in notifications and in capture screenshot of the trophy but the trophy itself wasn't displayed as unlocked in the trophy list. Fortunately after a few minutes the PS4 corrected itself and the trophy was displayed as earned.

• Like 1

good for you Smashero.

The problem is not related to playing offline but it  is related to the number fo trophies in your PS3 System.

the higher you have the slower the syncing time for your trophies to the server.

this is also affect the time for rebuiliding the database when you have big collection of trophies but i do it 

to solve problems related to trophies,save data and corrupted files. 

• Like 1