Anything to look out for when going for 100%?

The main thing to take note of for this list specifically is to always import you character when moving onto the next game instead of creating a new one. Other than that, the rest should be earned naturally when going for plat other than the insanity playthroughs, since insanity isnt needed for the plats anymore. But you can do that at any time, the importing is the one truly missable one.

Edit: Actually, romances are no longer necessary for the plats either, so if you want to 100% this list make sure to do at least one romance in each game. It doesn’t matter who.

Edited by madbuk

Looking at the Legendary Edition list it looks like the only thing really missable would be to not establish a romance with any of the characters but that's not really hard to do since in order to miss it you would basically have to not pick the obvious romance options.

I'm not sure about the kill trophies though. I would assume they are cumulative across all three games since you definitely won't be killing 2,000 enemies in just one or two playthroughs for one game provided you don't go out of your way to farm them. In the original Mass Effect 3 you had to kill 5,000 but I remember having to play the MP to get there since even with the few playthroughs I did I still didn't get enough, so 2,000 might not be so bad.

For Mass Effect 1's list though it looks like you will have to use different classes for more than one playthrough for their ability trophies. In the original there was a glitch you could do where you could just use your powers on a terminal in the Citadel and get it quicker that way but I wouldn't be surprised if they patched that out. However the required amount is lowered to 25 so you wouldn't have to play very far in order to do them from the looks of it. Otherwise everything else looks like you just need to make sure you do side-quests so you can explore other planets and make sure to play with each companion for five missions each.

Edited by Redgrave

13 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Looking at the Legendary Edition list it looks like the only thing really missable would be to not establish a romance with any of the characters but that's not really hard to do since in order to miss it you would basically have to not pick the obvious romance options.

I'm not sure about the kill trophies though. I would assume they are cumulative across all three games since you definitely won't be killing 2,000 enemies in just one or two playthroughs for one game provided you don't go out of your way to farm them. In the original Mass Effect 3 you had to kill 5,000 but I remember having to play the MP to get there since even with the few playthroughs I did I still didn't get enough, so 2,000 might not be so bad.

For Mass Effect 1's list though it looks like you will have to use different classes for more than one playthrough for their ability trophies. In the original there was a glitch you could do where you could just use your powers on a terminal in the Citadel and get it quicker that way but I wouldn't be surprised if they patched that out. However the required amount is lowered to 25 so you wouldn't have to play very far in order to do them from the looks of it. Otherwise everything else looks like you just need to make sure you do side-quests so you can explore other planets and make sure to play with each companion for five missions each.

A while ago the devs mentioned retooling the trophies so that progress carries across the entire trilogy, so I expect those kill trophies are what they’re talking about. Which would also mean that if you’re against non-plat lists, for whatever reason, you cant get out of this one because it’s essentially impossible to kill less than 250 enemies across the entire trilogy.

Platinuming/100% the first Mass Effect game on PS3 was a pain as it required multiple playthroughs to get all the trophies, so it was important to plan well as for me despite being a massive fan of the game it got kinda boring playing through for a 4th or 5th time!

Overall the trophy lists seem to be a lot easier in the Legendary Edition because they've removed the requirement to complete on Insanity (honestly Insanity isn't that hard apart from a couple of places in ME2 and the very last mission in ME3 is a bit hairy on Insanity), so just play the game and enjoy it because it is a fantastic trilogy so you're in for a real treat if you've not played them before. ME2 is probably my favourite game of all-time and I never get tired of playing it.

As far as ME1 goes, the only thing Missable I see is "Archivist", since some Codex entries are locked behind non-repeatable dialogue options (particularly I remember the Prothean entry being very early in the game, right before your first mission).

Because of the lower requeriments, the "play 5 missions with X ally" trophies no longer require a full playthrough with pretty much all sidequests done with just 2 teammates, so you can use them as you want.

And, unless they patched it, you can farm the "use X ability 25 times" on your Mako, except Sabotage I believe. Hell I think even the Citadel terminals counted for some of them, ME1 was really jank ?

Story wise, if you're not sure how a decision will affect future games, you can always go to the Wikia and check individually, although ME2 is the one with the most important choices.

The biggest missable trophy could come in the third game and it's the trophy that deals with delivering the war assets to the final battle. In the original, ME3 had multiplayer and that is what gave you the assets. However from what I've read, that scenario (trophy) will be determined based on decisions made through all 3 games so it could lead to a repeat of the whole series. Or starting the third game with a new character and selecting the right back story decisions. There's no guarantee that's how they really configured the trophy, but certainly something to be mindful of while progressing.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:46 PM, EMShotgun123 said:

As far as ME1 goes, the only thing Missable I see is "Archivist", since some Codex entries are locked behind non-repeatable dialogue options (particularly I remember the Prothean entry being very early in the game, right before your first mission).

Because of the lower requeriments, the "play 5 missions with X ally" trophies no longer require a full playthrough with pretty much all sidequests done with just 2 teammates, so you can use them as you want.

And, unless they patched it, you can farm the "use X ability 25 times" on your Mako, except Sabotage I believe. Hell I think even the Citadel terminals counted for some of them, ME1 was really jank 1f62c.png

Story wise, if you're not sure how a decision will affect future games, you can always go to the Wikia and check individually, although ME2 is the one with the most important choices.

You can also use your abilities on the Prothean beacon. At the beginning of the game, lol.