village of shadows

22 minutes ago, biggun3965 said:

I used the grenade launcher until I got to Moreau as I had enough money to fully upgrade the stake. It does a lot more damage and shoots a lot faster than the grenade launcher.

can you do more than one NG+? i saw on the guide to farm for money by doing speedruns and was just confused by that tbh 

6 minutes ago, lewy_your_pic said:

can you do more than one NG+? i saw on the guide to farm for money by doing speedruns and was just confused by that tbh 

Yes you can. I did a third playthrough to farm for money. My fourth playthrough was on village of shadows and I got the STAKE about a third way though that playthrough. 

I didnt have to farm for money as I had 2.2 million by the time I left Castle Dimi on 2nd playthrough. 

I was just making optimal use of my 1st playthrough

The Grenade Launcher is best used by alternating between Flash/Explos, thats the safe way anyway for bosses. 

Flash, explos, wait for them to recover then flash, explos and repeat. If you just spam explos on bosses, they can catch you out sometimes as it doesnt stun them as well

The only reason you want the STAKE over the grenade launcher is to make bosses die a lot quicker. Moreau for example has 26k health on Village of Shadows and the grenade launcher deals 400 damage per shot so it takes a while to kill him. STAKE just makes the Village of Shadows playthrough way faster.