Is it worth the money?

Hvalpen

Why not play the free trial? You don't need to spend any money and you can play all the way up to level 60.

The trial doesn't have a time limit, whereas the 30 days are just free subscription time before you have to start paying.

Edited by Bailey8891

Don't buy the game, if you buy the game physically and activate the codes then it automatically starts a 30 day subscription. Just download and play the trial, it now lets you play for free for the entirety of A Realm Reborn (ARR) and Heavensward as far as the story goes and will let you get to level 60 on all jobs/classes. That alone is easy 100+ hours worth of story quests at absolute minimum.

But YES IT IS WORTH IT.

11 minutes ago, Bailey8891 said:

Why not play the free trial? You don't need to spend any money and you can play all the way up to level 60.

The trial doesn't have a time limit, whereas the 30 days are just free subscription time before you have to start paying.

I wanted to hear opinions before starting. Don't want to pop trophies if I'm not finishing :)

14 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

The free trial doesn't pop trophies, you'll get those you'll have unlock retroactively after you switch to paid subscription.

So there's no downside to download the trial and make your own opinion by simply playing the game.

Do i keep my character after trial ends?

1 hour ago, Hvalpen said:

Do i keep my character after trial ends?

Yes you will keep your character.

Personally as a person that has sunk 6000 hours into the game at least I can say if you like Final Fantasy and MMO's the game is a good investment. and the new Expansion launches Nov. 23rd so you would be coming in at a good time.

Hijacking this thread with a quick question, but is it possible to play the PS5 version on the free trial version of the game? The PS5 Beta is free, but it says you need to own a copy of the PS4 game and to have an active subscription to play. Does this mean you can only play the PS4 version via backwards compatibility on the PS5 if you're using a free trial, and in doing so cant enjoy the PS5 upgraded features?

The game is absolutely worth the sub, but I wouldn't recommend it if you just want to complete it for the platinum. The platinum itself is an incredible time-sink and doesn't have you focus on the best parts of the game imo. If you full-on focus on the plat I think you might burn yourself out. As others have said, get the free trial and play to your hearts content and see if it's something for you, you have all the way up till 60 to do so! If you do like it, get the game and get ready for one of the best strories in any RPG in the past few years :D