Aeterna Noctis - PS4/PS5 (15th Dec 2021)

Mori

Playstation dropped a Gameplay Trailer for Aeterna Noctis. It's described as a challenging 2D Metroidvania.

It has resemblence with hit titles like Hollow Knight, Celeste and Ori. I am definitely looking forward to it.

Edited by Mori
Changed Title
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Two new trailers dropped past months. The artstyle is beautiful, the OST sounds great so far, the gameplay looks fine, I hope it varies enough to not become repetitve.

To get a better glimpse of how the game actually plays, here's a 30 minute "speedrun" of one of the 16 different areas, called "The Forge". Video was made by the devs themselves.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 1

Yeah the game definitely looks like a buy to me. I have been watching some of the footage and it looks pretty fun, even though for some reason the forge level reminds me a lot of RIVE ? But yeah, the aesthetics in this game are gorgeous, looks really good! 

The "teleporting mechanic", however, looks a bit janky to me. I guess it's one of these things that become second nature after playing for a while and feel different to play than to watch ?

Added to my wishlist! 

• Like 1