How many missables?

As someone who only tried out Mass Effect 2 for like 1 hour I am really interested in the trilogy. 

Heard only good things about the game except for the ending apparently. Something about colours beeing the only difference. 

Are there any missable trophies I need to look out for?
And what’s renegade points?

Are any squad members missable? Since it seems you need them all for the complete 5 missions trophies. 
Charismatic has the lowest % does this mean it highly missable?

Does the 100% trophy take very long?
Does starting class matter or can I play the way I want too?

Sry if the questions are stupid. Just want to prepare before diving in ?

Edited by Quink666

You have to actively recruit two of the squad members in ME1, but you almost have to try to miss them. It's really obvious.

You can miss a powers trophy if you are playing as a class that doesn't have Medicine and you make a certain choice in game.

You can miss two of the squad mate trophies in the game if they aren't unlocked by certain points in the story if you make certain choices.

One of the above choices will lock you out of a trophy.

There is a point of no return in the game that will lock you out of mission related trophies if you go to a certain planet. 

I think that's it.

So, yeah there's missables, but they aren't super tricky. Most of them are tied to spoilery events in the game.

Renegade points are points the points you get for doing stuff on the bad side of the karma system thingy.

Edited by nyarLOLhotep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

You have to actively recruit two of the squad members in ME1, but you almost have to try to miss them. It's really obvious.

You can miss a powers trophy if you are playing as a class that doesn't have Medicine and you make a certain choice in game.

You can miss two of the squad mate trophies in the game if they aren't unlocked by certain points in the story if you make certain choices.

One of the above choices will lock you out of a trophy.

There is a point of no return in the game that will lock you out of mission related trophies if you go to a certain planet. 

I think that's it.

So, yeah there's missables, but they aren't super tricky. Most of them are tied to spoilery events in the game.

Thanks! ?? So if I simply google team mates locations before hand I should be good. Otherwise there is NG+ assume? So I can pick you remaining team mates on my insanity play through. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quink666 said:

Thanks! 1f64f-1f3fb.png So if I simply google team mates locations before hand I should be good. Otherwise there is NG+ assume? So I can pick you remaining team mates on my insanity play through. 

You won't miss the squadmates. I believe the recruitment conversations start automatically. You actually have to tell them no through the conversation tree. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you can go back to them and recruit them if you told them no earlier.

I forgot to mention that the 75% or Paragon/Renegade points is also missable. There are a couple of exploits you can use in the game to get that trophy pretty early.

Yeah, there's NG+.

• Like 1

The game has a karma system called Paragon/Renegade. 

If you've played the Infamous games it's very similar to the Good/Bad karma system in those games. 

Essentially you can choose to play as a good guy (Paragon) or a not so good guy (Renegade). The more Paragon/Renegade choices you make the more Paragon/Renegade points you'll get. If you have enough of these points you can bypass certain things and obtain better outcomes. For instance there's a mission where you need to choose to sacrifice one of your squad mates. However if you have enough Paragon/Renegade points you unlock a third option that allows you to keep both of your squadmates alive. The Charismatic trophy is tied to that. 

One extremely important thing to remember is to pick one side, whether Paragon or Renegade and then fully commit to it for the entire trilogy. 

So when you create your character in Mass Effect 1, decide whether you're gonna be a  Paragon or a Renegade and from then on choose every Paragon or Renegade choice you come across. This'll ensure you have enough Paragon/Renegade points to get the best outcomes and endings. 

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 1

I am almost finiahed with mass effect 1 and i csnt complete the Neural shock trophy, as i cant find any squad member to have this ability. Nobody has it and as i play with soldier i dont have it either. I didnt have problem with the other abilities and their trophies as i used them through squad members. So i will miss this one i think :P

Otherwise if u play the game and the side content most of the achievements will come naturally. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AprosarmostoGr said:

I am almost finiahed with mass effect 1 and i csnt complete the Neural shock trophy, as i cant find any squad member to have this ability. Nobody has it and as i play with soldier i dont have it either. I didnt have problem with the other abilities and their trophies as i used them through squad members. So i will miss this one i think :P

Otherwise if u play the game and the side content most of the achievements will come naturally. 

Tali has the Neural shock ability which is tied to her Medicine tree.

On 19/05/2021 at 11:16 PM, gdsoccer11 said:

Tali has the Neural shock ability which is tied to her Medicine tree.

You are thinking of Kaidan. Tali does not have a medicine tree or neural shock, I'm going through ME1 and looking at her upgrade screen right now.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2021 at 3:05 PM, AprosarmostoGr said:

Hey if you’re still stuck by any chance (or anyone) you can use the neural shock ability on the mako when you’re on a planet and it’ll register/count.